Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

For what it is worth, I know this is a heated discussion and all, but I just want to say how much I appreciate the frank comments and the honest opinions that are shared with everyone on AC!!! Cheers to all and a Happy New Year.
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    For what it is worth, I know this is a heated discussion and all, but I just want to say how much I appreciate the frank comments and the honest opinions that are shared with everyone on AC!!! Cheers to all and a Happy New Year.
    Same to you, our conversations have been fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Same to you, our conversations have been fun.

That could be because we usually agree

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

That could be because we usually agree

I enjoy good conversations, I like debates. Anyone with good counterpoints I enjoy talking to.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

That may be your opinion sir but I can't take my 360 everywhere. If I could afford the laptop conversion I would. Until then my phone and a ps3 controller will have to do.

I'm always willing to give it another shot! Connecting a PS3 controller sounds interesting, What are some good games your playing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Persill View Post
    I'm always willing to give it another shot! Connecting a PS3 controller sounds interesting, What are some good games your playing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    I actually have a ps1 emulator so any old games you enjoy on that. I also have an n64 emulator. I grabbed gta3 which is extremely controller friendly. Attached is my list of games.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?-uploadfromtaptalk1356921957322.jpg  

it is more frustrating when the Mac user is asked something 90% of PC users would know and they are dumbfounded.
    A younger relative of mine switched to a Mac and I told her I wouldn't be able to help her with it since I am not willing to spend the time to learn the Mac OS so she needed to learn it. Then her computer was running really slow and I told her to see what was running and kill any processes or applications that might be causing the problem. I told her in Windows you hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and pull up the Task Manager and to do whatever the equivalent of that was in the Mac OS. She had no clue.

I know, this is just one story, but I can tell you more like it. I do know a few techies who use Macs but most prefer Windows or Linux. Everyone else I know who uses a Mac uses it because they don't want to have to understand how a computer works.
    Thanked by 3:
    kurosenpai and TomsAndroid like this.

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeYou View Post
    A younger relative of mine switched to a Mac and I told her I wouldn't be able to help her with it since I am not willing to spend the time to learn the Mac OS so she needed to learn it. Then her computer was running really slow and I told her to see what was running and kill any processes or applications that might be causing the problem. I told her in Windows you hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and pull up the Task Manager and to do whatever the equivalent of that was in the Mac OS. She had no clue.

I know, this is just one story, but I can tell you more like it. I do know a few techies who use Macs but most prefer Windows or Linux. Everyone else I know who uses a Mac uses it because they don't want to have to understand how a computer works.
    Exactly. I find the same to be true with iPad users. It apparently "Just works" yet they are lined up out my door come Spring Break when they need to get on a plane and be able to watch a movie on it.
    Android Evangelist

Well let's see the base 27" iMac is 1799 on apple.com and I just "built" the same pc on Newegg using good hardware and it comes in around just under 1200 so thats a 600 dollar difference. Granted it's a separate monitor and tower configuration and doesn't have the all in one ultra thin aspect. But still the 600+ dollar difference remains.
    Thanked by:

Applications: Activity Monitor on Mac : )

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

I am no fan of Windows, but I can't take the locked down environment of Apple, either.
    C'mon Brad, this is just silly. The hardware is locked down, not the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post
    Applications: Activity Monitor on Mac : )
    I will pass the info on!

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

My note officially feels like a normal sized phone, granted that's without my other box defender yet but hey, at least I still have that screen.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    C'mon Brad, this is just silly. The hardware is locked down, not the OS.
    I am not Brad. Anyhow, I am not sure why you interpreted my statement the way you did. I said environment.

ROM
    Viper

Being am engineer at an an engineering school, I am noticing that electrical and computer guys these days have both. A pc that they do all their work and gaming on, and a mac they carry around for casual stuff.

Me personally, I would rather shoot myself in the foot than spend the unreasonable amount of money on an o's with an unreasonable amount annoyances like osx has. And I can say that be cause I edited video and other media tasks on one for 2 years as a job. It's where my hatred began.

Plus I just spent a lot money building a windows 7 system ;-)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I have learned that there have been no tasks that I had done on windows I couldn't do on Linux so I have loved mint for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    Being am engineer at an an engineering school, I am noticing that electrical and computer guys these days have both. A pc that they do all their work and gaming on, and a mac they carry around for casual stuff.
    You must hang with some wealthy guys. When I was in college, I could barely afford one computer let alone 2.

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I have learned that there have been no tasks that I had done on windows I couldn't do on Linux so I have loved mint for a while now.

I've never tried Linux but have always wanted to give it a go. Maybe when I have an old system I can install it and see how it runs. Does it support programs like photoshop?

Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I've never tried Linux but have always wanted to give it a go. Maybe when I have an old system I can install it and see how it runs. Does it support programs like photoshop?

If not natively there is a program called wine that provides a compatibility layer for many windows programs and games.

Linux isn't for everyone and it really takes a willingness to learn and research. As for you brad if nothing else you could dual boot and install Linux on a flash drive. I think you would enjoy it.

Thanked by:

Both serve their purpose, I've edited with Avid and Premier on PC and FCP on Macs. Is it cheaper on a PC? Sure is but both systems and the respective software get finicky with codecs and formats. Want 100% foolproof? Edit good ol' film on a Steenbeck table, lol.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Viper

You must hang with some wealthy guys. When I was in college, I could barely afford one computer let alone 2.
    Actually no not really. They just have nothing to their name other than electronics that they have accumulated over the years. All the macs were bought used or refurbished and most of the pics are amd chips which are generally cheaper to build and upgrade.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

Default When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

Exactly. I find the same to be true with iPad users. It apparently "Just works" yet they are lined up out my door come Spring Break when they need to get on a plane and be able to watch a movie on it.
    This sounds like a joke. To get a movie on iPad you do 2 steps. Open App Store then download movie. I can't see had that would be hard. To download your personal movies you just go to movie location and drag it to iTunes then sync. It can't get any easier.
    Thanked by:
    Ry likes this.

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Well I'm no Apple Fanboy but Apple tends to bring in features a bit later because they perfected them.
    Until iOS 6 Maps came out.
    I got nothing there.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    skafri#WN, kurosenpai and zapfrog like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    They just have nothing to their name other than electronics that they have accumulated over the years.
    When I was in college the only things I "had to my name" were student loans. Still paying those suckers off!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    ViperOne

Quote Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
    This sounds like a joke. To get a movie on iPad you do 2 steps. Open App Store then download movie. I can't see had that would be hard. To download your personal movies you just go to movie location and drag it to iTunes then sync. It can't get any easier.
    I been helping enough of my friends and classmates to know some people just are too lazy or don't care enough to do the easiest of things. So that just sounds like another day to me.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    Thanked by:
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 ... LastLast