Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

Yada yada yada. Bottom line the shutdown of Napster didn't' stop those who wanted free music. I pay for mines though

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

And god forbid you copy a vhs to watch later with the fam. Dont even think about buying extra hifi sony cassetts to play in the car from your best friends new rap tape. Cause we have all never done that fo sho.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    tirith 

Default When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Some formats work, but many don't. It's not "rocket appliances", but for some (and not just Apple users) even the simplest tasks can be daunting. For what it's worth I'm glad they have it figured out. Some people take the time to learn others don't. I actually sent a dropbox link to 6 couples I know with very detailed instructions on how to:
    A: open a dropbox account and get the files
    B: login to the existing account with supplied user/pass
    C: just click the link and download the files.

After spending the better part of 15 minutes writing this, only 1 couple actually clicked the link. The other 5 couples drove over to my house with a usb stick or a blank CD and had me copy the files for them.
    I was truly dumb struck. I also felt like punching a few people
    The Dropbox thing is a good idea except for one problem. Apple won't let you download s video straight from there. It's dumb I know. You can save photos but not videos. A real PITA.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    You can.
    Awesome. This is good to know.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
    The Dropbox thing is a good idea except for one problem. Apple won't let you download s video straight from there. It's dumb I know. You can save photos but not videos. A real PITA.
    Ya Dropbox is far better on Android. But it wasn't a video, just a zip file.

Android Evangelist

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    God forbid you loan your cd for a friend to burn

Ya. This is a crazy can of worms. But for what it's worth people that download music illegally are also the ones that buy the most.

Android Evangelist
    Johnly likes this.

God forbid you loan your cd for a friend to burn
    Never did that myself, but regardless, Napster allowed it to be done on a large scale quite easily and made it seem legitimate (which it wasn't) and which had it not been stopped would have destroyed the music industry.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeYou View Post
    Never did that myself, but regardless, Napster allowed it to be done on a large scale quite easily and made it seem legitimate (which it wasn't) and which had it not been stopped would have destroyed the music industry.
    Bands like Radiohead and Dispatch would disagree with you.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Johnly 
    Johnly likes this.

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Ya. This is a crazy can of worms. But for what it's worth people that download music illegally are also the ones that buy the most.

I fundamentally have disagreed with itunes from day one. I will never consider a corporate empire that gives me 5-6 computer/phone/ipods to put my music on before I lose it "legitimate."

It is a crazy can of rotten worms, and the tittle of this thread is ironic, becasue apple hasn't won in quite some time.....so as for the love affair???? Not sure what that "means," but I never loved apple or itunes. Kinda think this thread is making me light headed from the merry go round of apple this and android that.

Illegal is a term for suspenders and chalk. I am not drawing lines, and the biggest thieves are those that make it so that you have no rights to what you purchase. Why not let legitimate itunes bring down the drm management to two PC,s and one ipod? That will show those napster sharing friend punks! I cant give this thread any more time. I have said my piece, and I dont do circles.

TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Last piece, thank god metallica saved the industry......while they completely failed with every napster hating release.

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Bands like Radiohead and Dispatch would disagree with you.
    And Metallica would agree with me.

NOTHING ever stopped Radiohead and Dispatch from giving their music away for free. IF they wanted to do that, they are free to do that. But them wanting to give their music away for free doesn't entitle anyone to steal Metallica's music.

You get that, don't you? How radiohead and dispatch consenting to giving their music away for free doesn't in any way shape or form mean that someone is legitimate in stealing Metallica's music, right?
    Thanked by:
    Ry likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I fundamentally have disagreed with itunes from day one. I will never consider a corporate empire that gives me 5-6 computer/phone/ipods to put my music on before I lose it "legitimate."

It is a crazy can of rotten worms, and the tittle of this thread is ironic, becasue apple hasn't won in quite some time.....so as for the love affair???? Not sure what that "means," but I never loved apple or itunes. Kinda think this thread is making me light headed from the merry go round of apple this and android that.

Illegal is a term for suspenders and chalk. I am not drawing lines, and the biggest thieves are those that make it so that you have no rights to what you purchase. Why not let legitimate itunes bring down the drm management to two PC,s and one ipod? That will show those napster sharing friend punks! I cant give this thread any more time. I have said my piece, and I dont do circles.

Here here. Thanks for the input. I found it funny that Metallica just signed a deal with Spotify who recently purchased Napster. And as you mentioned the artists see very little to nothing from record sales. Maybe 10-40 cents per album. Many new artists are now offering their music for free on the Pirate Bay too. Promotion is far more beneficial to an artist than a few dollars for a hundred cd sales. I played in a band for over 20 years. We gave away our music and played gigs for free just to gain popularity so why wouldn't new artists use this medium to gain recognition. It's no different than recording yourself and posting it on YouTube.

The delivery is flawed, not where you get it.

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:
    Johnly 
    Johnly likes this.

Johnly, you clearly don't respect intellectual property rights. You see intellectual property as somehow different from real property or money. But it is not. It is a good thing you are not going to respond to this anymore. Please hold yourself to your word.
    YourMobileGuru and Ry like this.

with Spotify who recently purchased Napster.
    The post-bankruptcy napster is not the same company, just the same name. Pre-bankruptcy, it was organized crime - a conspiracy to steal people's intellectual property. Clearly you don't respect copyrights if you think stealing other people's intellectual property is OK.

If Metallica wants to enter into agreements with spotify now, that is THEIR choice since it is THEIR intellectual property. It is a far cry from the original napster where the artists had no say and their intellectual property was stolen from them.

IF you don't understand intellectual property law, then educate yourself. But I do and your arguments are nonsense.

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Johnly, you clearly don't respect intellectual property rights. You see intellectual property as somehow different from real property or money. But it is not. It is a good thing you are not going to respond to this anymore. Please hold yourself to your word.
    This is why I dont participate. When someone states personal innuendos.....I have to drop it. I can't be nice after this and get infractions lmfao! Onward now, but do not be personal, just stick to the facts and keep it focused okay:-)

Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

This is why I dont participate. When someone states personal innuendos.....I have to drop it. I can't be nice after this and get infractions lmfao! Onward now, but do not be personal, just stick to the facts and keep it focused okay:-)

I unfortunately love a good brawl.

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:
    Johnly 
    Johnly and kurosenpai like this.

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Here here. Thanks for the input. I found it funny that Metallica just signed a deal with Spotify who recently purchased Napster. And as you mentioned the artists see very little to nothing from record sales. Maybe 10-40 cents per album. Many new artists are now offering their music for free on the Pirate Bay too. Promotion is far more beneficial to an artist than a few dollars for a hundred cd sales. I played in a band for over 20 years. We gave away our music and played gigs for free just to gain popularity so why wouldn't new artists use this medium to gain recognition. It's no different than recording yourself and posting it on YouTube.

The delivery is flawed, not where you get it.

Sir, I completely understand. I have thousands of dollars of music equipment and have played in several bands myself. I completely agree. Cheers.

Johnly - the facts are that copyrights are property and if you steal them, you are committing a crime.

You don't respect copyright laws and are OK with stealing other people's intellectual property because in your mind you have a right to steal someone's property as long as it is intangible property. Downloading unauthorized copies of music is NOT LEGALLY DIFFERENT THAN WALKING INTO A WALMART AND SHOPLIFTING A CD. The fact that you don't understand that theft of intangible property is no different than theft of tangible property is your problem.

Please keep your word and stop responding to a topic you know nothing about.

And Metallica would agree with me.

NOTHING ever stopped Radiohead and Dispatch from giving their music away for free. IF they wanted to do that, they are free to do that. But them wanting to give their music away for free doesn't entitle anyone to steal Metallica's music.

You get that, don't you? How radiohead and dispatch consenting to giving their music away for free doesn't in any way shape or form mean that someone is legitimate in stealing Metallica's music, right?
    You're obviously stuck on the negative side. So bands complaining about it makes it bad more than bands using it to promote their music makes it good? They could have done it a different way but it already happened so they took advantage of it. They didn't whine about it that's for sure.

Johnly - the facts are that copyrights are property and if you steal them, you are committing a crime.

You don't respect copyright laws and are OK with stealing other people's intellectual property because in your mind you have a right to steal someone's property as long as it is intangible property. Downloading unauthorized copies of music is NOT LEGALLY DIFFERENT THAN WALKING INTO A WALMART AND SHOPLIFTING A CD. The fact that you don't understand that theft of intangible property is no different than theft of tangible property is your problem.

Please keep your word and stop responding to a topic you know nothing about.
    Getting a bit cocky there I see.

Thanked by:

Getting a bit cocky there I see.
    If by cocky you mean I am not OK with stealing other people's intellectual property, well hell yeah, then, I am cocky.

The real issue is why don't you have a problem with it?

If by cocky you mean I am not OK with stealing other people's intellectual property, well hell yeah, then, I am cocky.

No you're cocky because you say he knows nothing about this which is not your call. That's the real issue. He's definitely more mature than you are.

You're obviously stuck on the negative side.
    I am "stuck" on the fact that intangible intellectual property is PROPERTY just like your phone or your car or your house or the money in your bank account is your property and I don't like anyone stealing my property from me. Do you like it when someone steals your property from you?

No you're cocky because you say he knows nothing about this which is not your call.
    He knows nothing about intellectual property law. THAT is MY call. YOU apparently know nothing about intellectual property law, either. And THAT is MY call, also.

Educate yourself about intellectual property law or shut up. You are embarrassing yourself in front of those of us who DO understand it. And THAT is MY call. Got it?
    TomsAndroid likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

You are getting a bit over the top. I think the discussion doesn't have to go down this path. State your points without making it personal.

Android Evangelist
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425 ... LastLast