Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeYou View Post
    He knows nothing about intellectual property law. THAT is MY call. YOU apparently know nothing about intellectual property law, either. And THAT is MY call, also.

Educate yourself about intellectual property law or shut up. You are embarrassing yourself in front of those of us who DO understand it. And THAT is MY call. Got it?
    I think you should step away you are getting heated. If you continue in this way I will report you. Nothing personal but it seems as though you are making it personal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    I think you should step away you are getting heated. If you continue in this way I will report you. Nothing personal but it seems as though you are making it personal.
    I am NOT stepping away from this. I will not back down to opposing people stealing intellectual property. Those who are advocating the theft of intellectual property are WRONG.

Report away. I saw Jerry lock down a thread and admonish a poster who wanted info about an app that made it look like they had purchased an app from the playstore when they hadn't. Jerry got it that it was theft. So is it different when it is someone's music? Um, no.

Report away. I am not backing down. Theft of intellectual property is THEFT.

And I just reported YOU for harassing me.

Here is the thread BTW
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/hac...r-android.html

See, stealing people's intellectual property is STEALING even on Android Central.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I am NOT stepping away from this. I will not back down to opposing people stealing intellectual property. Those who are advocating the theft of intellectual property are WRONG.

Report away. I saw Jerry lock down a thread and admonish a poster who wanted info about an app that made it look like they had purchased an app from the playstore when they hadn't. Jerry got it that it was theft. So is it different when it is someone's music? Um, no.

No one is saying to steal anything. The discussion is a controversial topic, we should be able to have a civil conversation without blowing our cool. I love this thread, let's not kill it Happy thoughts everyone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
    Johnly 
    Johnly likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

First sir I was neither harrasing nor disagreeing with you. Your tone and the way you were leading this discussion is in a direction away from being an intellectual debate and into a full fledged argument/flame fest. Please try and understand that your emotions at this point are clearly taking over.

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    You are getting a bit over the top. I think the discussion doesn't have to go down this path. State your points without making it personal.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Some people can't handle when people don't agree with them. Their egos are very easily bruised.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

First sir I was neither harrasing nor disagreeing with you. Your tone and the way you were leading this discussion is in a direction away from being an intellectual debate and into a full fledged argument/flame fest. Please try and understand that your emotions at this point are clearly taking over.
    First, I am a miss, not a sir. But please understand, when you make your living off of selling your intellectual property as I do, it is hard not to get worked up about people advocating stealing intellectual property.

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    No one is saying to steal anything. The discussion is a controversial topic,
    The original Napster was about the organized, large scale, stealing of intellectual property made easy by electronic means. It really wasn't controversial at all. It was theft, pure and simple. The fact that some bands consented to the free distribution of their music doesn't mean that those bands who didn't weren't the victims of theft.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

First, I am a miss, not a sir. But please understand, when you make your living off of selling your intellectual property as I do, it is hard not to get worked up about people advocating stealing intellectual property.
    I apologize miss. Again though one should not get so worked up. I understand your passion on this particular subject but that should be used in a much more positive manner. Instead of insults you would be perfect for giving real life examples. Help to educate not attack. When you start getting heated step back for a moment.

AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Here is the thread BTW
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/hac...r-android.html

See, stealing people's intellectual property is STEALING even on Android Central.
    You ARE flaming, though, and that needs to stop. Having a conversation about the legality of pirating is NOT the same as posting how/where/etc to get pirated things.

Also, just because someone is against DRM doesn't mean they pirate. You can be AGAINST a law and still follow that SAME law.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:
    Johnly 
    Johnly and xlDeMoNiClx like this.

Instead of insults
    I wasn't insulting anyone. Johnly was posting things that were incorrect wrt intellectual property and I called him on it.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I wasn't insulting anyone. Johnly was posting things that were incorrect wrt intellectual property and I called him on it.
    The way you were posting was an assumption on his level of knowledge clearly meant to be an insult.

I apologize miss. Again though one should not get so worked up. I understand your passion on this particular subject but that should be used in a much more positive manner. Instead of insults you would be perfect for giving real life examples. Help to educate not attack. When you start getting heated step back for a moment.

Plus if someone who acts like a professional resorts to insults and starts getting too arrogant about their opinions their opinion loses all credibility.

AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Are you an IP Attorney?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    You ARE flaming, though, and that needs to stop.
    What was flaming? Saying someone didn't understand intellectual property law when they posted things that were wrong wrt intellectual property law?

So any time someone posts something that is incorrect and you tell them they are wrong and don't understand what they are posting about that is flaming?

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

What was flaming? Saying someone didn't understand intellectual property law when they posted things that were wrong wrt intellectual property law?

So any time someone posts something that is incorrect and you tell them they are wrong and don't understand what they are posting about that is flaming?
    No you correct them in a less condescending tone. Use examples not just saying they are wrong.

Like I said, it's not your call whether or not someone knows anything about a subject. Nuff' said.

AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

POSTING IN CAPS DENOTES ANGER/HOSTILITY/ETC so yes, the way you were saying what you were saying was flaming. Also, judging by the responses you got you were flaming. It worked, you wanted a response and an argument and you got one. Not all Mods respond to situations in exactly the same way. That's the great thing about being individuals.

- - - Updated - - -

And to everyone else. Stop going back and forth please. Allow me, the Super Moderator, to do the moderating.

Thanks.

Are you an IP Attorney?
    Actually, I am. But more importantly, I am an intellectual property owner. If I were only an IP attorney, I would love that others steal IP because it would drum up more work for me, LOL. Seriously, IP attorneys don't look at IP theft as a bad thing; they look at it as a revenue stream.

It is the intellectual property OWNERs who look at IP theft as a bad thing. I can't understand why the rest of you don't realize that this is my property that I created just the same as if I built a house and you thought you should be able to squat in it.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Kevin are you a moderator? Sorry taptalk doesn't show that info

Edit
    Nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Like I said, it's not your call whether or not someone knows anything about a subject. Nuff' said.
    When I actually know something about a subject, um, yeah, it IS my call.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Actually, I am. But more importantly, I am an intellectual property owner. If I were only an IP attorney, I would love that others steal IP because it would drum up more work for me, LOL. Seriously, IP attorneys don't look at IP theft as a bad thing; they look at it as a revenue stream.

It is the intellectual property OWNERs who look at IP theft as a bad thing. I can't understand why the rest of you don't realize that this is my property that I created just the same as if I built a house and you thought you should be able to squat in it.
    People DO understand that. I understand that. But that doesn't mean that parts of the law don't make sense at all. I'm curious to know your thoughts on Fair Use.

No you correct them in a less condescending tone. Use examples not just saying they are wrong.
    I DID use examples. I analogized intangible property to tangible property and went into the distinction between bands that consented to the free distribution of their music and those who didn't.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You also generalized IP Attorney's in a way that I'm sure some of them wouldn't appreciate. Being a member of the group that you generalize doesn't make it any better.

People DO understand that. I understand that. But that doesn't mean that parts of the law don't make sense at all. I'm curious to know your thoughts on Fair Use.
    Just to clarify - the intellectual property I own is patented, not copyright, so fair use doesn't enter into the picture with the kinds of intellectual property I own.

In general, I think the fair use copyright doctrine should be expanded, but the original napster was about the in toto copying of music without any remuneration at all going to the artists. Now if an artist was OK with that because it led to fame and fame led to the ability to sell out concerts and selling out concerts led to money in their pocket, well good for them. But that doesn't mean that other artists should not be able to profit from the distribution of their own work.

The real problem with napster was the large scale and ease of the theft and how until the lawsuits started, to the average Joe, it seemed like there was nothing wrong with what they were doing. It was on the internet, and if it was on the internet, it had to be OK, right?
    Thanked by:
    YourMobileGuru likes this.

You also generalized IP Attorney's in a way that I'm sure some of them wouldn't appreciate. Being a member of the group that you generalize doesn't make it any better.
    I know a lot of IP attorneys, it really isn't a large group of people if you are limiting it to IP attorneys who actually have enough clients to sustain a purely IP practice and exclude the wannabes who say they are IP attorneys but practice general business law and only do IP cases when a client is so naive that they can't tell the difference, and they aren't that sensitive. Most are just doing a job and not at all passionate about what they do. And happy for there to be more work for them.

Seriously, if there wasn't patent infringement, how would patent litigators pay their bills?

Sorry to have burst your bubble about IP attorneys if I have, but I am about the most passionate IP attorney out there.
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526 ... LastLast