Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

Less talk about iphone. What are your thoughts on RIM? You guys think blackberry will make a come back with BB10? I personally don't think so.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2

Default When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    Less talk about iphone. What are your thoughts on RIM? You guys think blackberry will make a come back with BB10? I personally don't think so.

Nope. The hardware (which was the main problem in my opinion) looks like the same crap they've been pushing out for years.
    iPhone 6+ & Galaxy Note 4 user. Google Glass Explorer.

I don't think they will return to their former customer numbers but it could turn some heads and bring some people back. It looks pretty slick to me and better than Windows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by zapfrog View Post
    I don't think they will return to their former customer numbers but it could turn some heads and bring some people back. It looks pretty slick to me and better than Windows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by thedeadbaby View Post
    Nope. The hardware (which was the main problem in my opinion) looks like the same crap they've been pushing out for years.
    Agreed, Android has much better hardware and I think Windows like ios; doesn't look very customizable.

Default When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

Agreed, Android has much better hardware and I think Windows like ios; doesn't look very customizable.

When I originally decided I wanted to add a line to try a new platform I looked at windows phone for all of a day. Their app selection is terrible. I couldn't find most of the apps I use regularly, so I lost interest. It's a shame too because the hardware and software both look very nice and aren't like the Microsoft of old.
    iPhone 6+ & Galaxy Note 4 user. Google Glass Explorer.
    SenseMonkey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeadbaby View Post
    When I originally decided I wanted to add a line to try a new platform I looked at windows phone for all of a day. Their app selection is terrible. I couldn't find most of the apps I use regularly, so I lost interest. It's a shame too because the hardware and software both look very nice and aren't like the Microsoft of old.
    Maybe give it some more time? The OS is still fairly new.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Maybe give it some more time? The OS is still fairly new.

I think it's all about not making bad choices now. If Windows or BlackBerry don't have the app selection then people will opt out. It's a chicken and egg conundrum to some degree.

As for blackberry hardware I'm not sure what you are talking about. The last few BB devices were very well made and very nice looking. They were still blackberries but they have always been tough devices. The new ones look pretty nice. I hope they make a come back but they will not get any of my money regardless.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I think it's all about not making bad choices now. If Windows or BlackBerry don't have the app selection then people will opt out. It's a chicken and egg conundrum to some degree.

As for blackberry hardware I'm not sure what you are talking about. The last few BB devices were very well made and very nice looking. They were still blackberries but they have always been tough devices. The new ones look pretty nice. I hope they make a come back but they will not get any of my money regardless.

My main problem is the lack of major improvements in the OS, then specs being outdated and the issues/bugs that pop up with the hardware/software. And no apps as well.

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    My main problem is the lack of major improvements in the OS, then specs being outdated and the issues/bugs that pop up with the hardware/software. And no apps as well.

I have a friend who works for Best Buy and he tried out the new BlackBerry 10 device and said it was really really nice he was quite surprised by how cool it was. I hope that it's really good and that everyone gets a fresh look at blackberry again. And that they can get a lot more app developers on board because even though blackberry is getting a bit of a bad rap these days they still do have a lot of people that use them especially outside of North America. There certainly further ahead than Windows Phone is right now. At least in terms of overall users.

Android Evangelist

I have a friend who works for Best Buy and he tried out the new BlackBerry 10 device and said it was really really nice he was quite surprised by how cool it was. I hope that it's really good and that everyone gets a fresh look at blackberry again. And that they can get a lot more app developers on board because even though blackberry is getting a bit of a bad rap these days they still do have a lot of people that use them especially outside of North America. There certainly further ahead than Windows Phone is right now. At least in terms of overall users.

I would be happy if they got back on their feet too. Overall I did enjoy using the one I had before I went to Android.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,735 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeYou View Post
    Just to clarify - the intellectual property I own is patented, not copyright, so fair use doesn't enter into the picture with the kinds of intellectual property I own.

In general, I think the fair use copyright doctrine should be expanded, but the original napster was about the in toto copying of music without any remuneration at all going to the artists. Now if an artist was OK with that because it led to fame and fame led to the ability to sell out concerts and selling out concerts led to money in their pocket, well good for them. But that doesn't mean that other artists should not be able to profit from the distribution of their own work.

The real problem with napster was the large scale and ease of the theft and how until the lawsuits started, to the average Joe, it seemed like there was nothing wrong with what they were doing. It was on the internet, and if it was on the internet, it had to be OK, right?

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeYou View Post
    I wasn't insulting anyone. Johnly was posting things that were incorrect wrt intellectual property and I called him on it.
    It is okay, I see you are cooling off. Fyi, I have just stated "opinions," nothing to call out really lol. I would have stayed and got into a healthy debate, but all that was way to personal and heated. No reason to "call people out ever really," just state your truth, provide the evidence, and carry on....
    I used Napster when it was not a crime. Pittiful me.

What do you sell? I will buy 10 and support your cause :-)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    badbrad17 likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,735 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I couldn't help but find the last part funny considering that your Username is WannaBeYou. But don't go. It was just a heated debate that got out of hand. We can all get along here. Most of us are practically adults. Or at the very least immature senior citizens. I got a warning once if it makes you feel any better and I think it came from Kevin.

I dont want to see "Wannabeyou" go either. I have gotten infractions here, so I don't even mess around with dancing on the lines of forum rules (I try my best anyhow.) If someone states something I disagree with, it is beast to avoid jumping on them, and quoting them with judgment. It is not my job, and I don't need to prove any points. I don't agree with all of the drm laws, but I do play fair and abide by them. With disagreement, the best debates just happen when people stick to their truths, and evident their arguments, that way we all have fun and discuss! Legit? He he

Just felt the need to chime a day late, rather then getting into it yesterday. Thanks AC for providing a most awesome platform for us to discuss, and a place people can feel safe to do so. I love this place! Much respect to all!

Thanked by:
    badbrad17 likes this.

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    I dont want to see "Wannabeyou" go either. I have gotten infractions here, so I don't even mess around with dancing on the lines of forum rules (I try my best anyhow.) If someone states something I disagree with, it is beast to avoid jumping on them, and quoting them with judgment. It is not my job, and I don't need to prove any points. I don't agree with all of the drm laws, but I do play fair and abide by them. With disagreement, the best debates just happen when people stick to their truths, and evident their arguments, that way we all have fun and discuss! Legit? He he

Just felt the need to chime a day late, rather then getting into it yesterday. Thanks AC for providing a most awesome platform for us to discuss, and a place people can feel safe to do so. I love this place! Much respect to all!

I knew I liked you and now I know why. Class act. We can be friends and disagree.

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:
    Johnly 
    Johnly and xlDeMoNiClx like this.

I just dropped my iPhone for my note and do not regret it. I have not been able to find anything that my iPhone could do that my note currently can't. This thing even has its own version of siri.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Iphone owners here recognize a Samsung Galaxy Smartphone here, Samsung is on the right path. :thumbup:

xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

ROM
    Viper

Iphone owners here recognize a Samsung Galaxy Smartphone here, Samsung is on the right path. :thumbup:

Right path in most ways? Yes.

Right path in all ways? No

Form and visually they are only half a step better than they always have been. The cliche "cheap plastic samsung phone" still holds an alarming amount of truth even for their latest. And their phones, while dont feel bad in the hand, don't feel great either.

If they fix these 2 things along with making touch wiz a little less bloated visually and they will be come the android power house they have been advertise as. Until then, they will still have the sigma of selling cheap crap compared to the iphone "premium"

This is a problem across android and not just with samsung, but samsung is one of the top offenders. The only oem stepping up to the plate with this is surprisingly moto. Their new HD line looks and feels great and solid with great materials.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    Right path in most ways? Yes.

Right path in all ways? No

Form and visually they are only half a step better than they always have been. The cliche "cheap plastic samsung phone" still holds an alarming amount of truth even for their latest. And their phones, while dont feel bad in the hand, don't feel great either.

If they fix these 2 things along with making touch wiz a little less bloated visually and they will be come the android power house they have been advertise as. Until then, they will still have the sigma of selling cheap crap compared to the iphone "premium"

This is a problem across android and not just with samsung, but samsung is one of the top offenders. The only oem stepping up to the plate with this is surprisingly moto. Their new HD line looks and feels great and solid with great materials.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    I actually like they feel of my note. I also liked the s3's feel, neither feels cheap to me. Just picky people who dunno quality.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

That "cheap plastic" is far more durable than you think. I have thrown my rocket full force in anger during an argument and although the backplate sim SD and battery flew out the phone sustained no damage. The screen has no cracks or scratches. My wife can attest to the force at which this phone has been thrown lol. No not at her or because of her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    badbrad17 likes this.

ROM
    ViperOne

Build quality is fine, well and, good until people slap on actual cheap plastic cases they got out of a Dollar General bin. /)_-

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    Thanked by:

I actually like the feel of the s3 and note 2. I thought build quality sucked on the galaxy nexus. Only thing thats bad is if u dont use a case its slippery.

ONE BAD *** NOTE 2 ON A BAD *** JELLY ☆BEANS☆ ROM

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    That "cheap plastic" is far more durable than you think. I have thrown my rocket full force in anger during an argument and although the backplate sim SD and battery flew out the phone sustained no damage. The screen has no cracks or scratches. My wife can attest to the force at which this phone has been thrown lol. No not at her or because of her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real X Dawg View Post
    Build quality is fine, well and, good until people slap on actual cheap plastic cases they got out of a Dollar General bin. /)_-

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    Thank you guys for making my point. :thumbup:

Thanked by:

The only thing I think is better on iOS now is the apps. I think the Play Store has come on loads and gained more features in the last few months but I still think that you when someone makes an app they make it automatically for iOS and the good apps on iOS that get ported over to Android mostly get done badly. Other than this I think that Android excels whereas Apple just bring out the same bland products each year and have never really changed much since the iPhone 4. I always have preferred Android since I got my first Android phone but always hated how iOS was such a smooth OS. That was the only reason I would ever buy one but now I've got my Nexus 4 which is unbelievably smooth its unreal it smashes iOS into the ground. Basically no one will stop buying iPhones because they're something which people see as cool to have and they're easy to us.

xlDeMoNiClx and RisaChan like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    I actually like the feel of the s3 and note 2. I thought build quality sucked on the galaxy nexus. Only thing thats bad is if u dont use a case its slippery.

ONE BAD *** NOTE 2 ON A BAD *** JELLY ☆BEANS☆ ROM
    No bias but I like the build quality of the Gnex and the note2

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Please enlighten me: give me a couple of examples of POPULAR apps that suck for Android but are fantastic on iOS. Keep in mind I've got 4 Touchs in the house, so I'm not totally unfamiliar with iOS, which I've abandoned in favor of Android so it's not like I don't know about iOS app quality (at least for the non-iPad versions). I dropped out of iOS before the iPad had received many iPad-specific app updates and we are on a PHONE forum, so the tablet apps aren't really relevant anyway.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tidey_ View Post
    The only thing I think is better on iOS now is the apps. I think the Play Store has come on loads and gained more features in the last few months but I still think that you when someone makes an app they make it automatically for iOS and the good apps on iOS that get ported over to Android mostly get done badly. Other than this I think that Android excels whereas Apple just bring out the same bland products each year and have never really changed much since the iPhone 4. I always have preferred Android since I got my first Android phone but always hated how iOS was such a smooth OS. That was the only reason I would ever buy one but now I've got my Nexus 4 which is unbelievably smooth its unreal it smashes iOS into the ground. Basically no one will stop buying iPhones because they're something which people see as cool to have and they're easy to us.

While I agree that in general, app quality on iOS is higher than app quality on Android, this gap is closing - and closing fast.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    RisaChan likes this.
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829 ... LastLast