Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

I never feel like replacing stuff I'm sure I hold a different philosophy on how I like my ui's and my level of control as a whole. Personally I like clean and simple ui elements the only two that have this in my eyes are sony and aosp I don't like a bunch of extra stuff that I can't get rid of like 5 billion toggles in my notification shade or notifications for a ton of crap that really doesn't need it in the first place yes most of these are tw complaints. As for apps I prefer to build up my own set of preferred apps. I love the aosp keyboard I'm not a fan of the others. Messaging is easy and to the point no craziness nothing super fancy. Aosp to me is a fluid clean experience. I'm not saying the other skins don't provide more I'm saying I don't think aosp is bare bones its by no means lacking in features and is by far a more responsive experience on my device compared to its tw counterpart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    I never feel like replacing stuff I'm sure I hold a different philosophy on how I like my ui's and my level of control as a whole. Personally I like clean and simple ui elements the only two that have this in my eyes are sony and aosp I don't like a bunch of extra stuff that I can't get rid of like 5 billion toggles in my notification shade or notifications for a ton of crap that really doesn't need it in the first place yes most of these are tw complaints. As for apps I prefer to build up my own set of preferred apps. I love the aosp keyboard I'm not a fan of the others. Messaging is easy and to the point no craziness nothing super fancy. Aosp to me is a fluid clean experience. I'm not saying the other skins don't provide more I'm saying I don't think aosp is bare bones its by no means lacking in features and is by far a more responsive experience on my device compared to its tw counterpart.

Try SwiftKey, you will never be a fan of anything else ever again... It's that good

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    Try SwiftKey, you will never be a fan of anything else ever again... It's that good

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    I have tried swiftkey, swipe, and a few others I just don't like them as much. Don't ask why its really probably a deep rooted back of my head something I would need to contemplate type thing. Yes it can be like stock or whatever else as its very themeable but I'm just a fan of the stock software package. I never have been keen on googles hardware choices or options though which is why I use Samsung devices they have the hardware I prefer and I can work with source lol. I'm not saying its for everyone and I am not expecting anyone to sway their opinion I just feel the terminology of bare bones is not an apt description.

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

It is just lame when carriers and manufacturers strip aosp, like google wallet. Gotta love that choice. To the topic at hand. Never will the i love stop

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

If hp ever gets webos going again, android and ios can both take a dirt nap, as far as I'm concerned!

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me
    reeneebob likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

.. And if dog had wings they could fly but that isn't happening anytime soon.

As far as wallet goes, Google had their chance and blew it. I personally do not care what standard comes out of it, I just want nfc payment wherever

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Lol. I like the term splitting hairs. That is it. Googles OS is hella fully featured. Nothing bare about it exept the fact all aosp releases seem beta like. While 99% of the OS is flawless, it does seem like severl corners are left to the public to beta test. A beta OS? Yes! Ha ha

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    In a relative sense, yes I would. Skinned devices have more features than asop, and skinned includes more features.
    The term skinned makes me chuckle:rolleyes:

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    If hp ever gets webos going again, android and ios can both take a dirt nap, as far as I'm concerned!

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me
    I have never gotten to use it, but it really seems to have a cult like follow in on the Internet lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    .. And if dog had wings they could fly but that isn't happening anytime soon.

As far as wallet goes, Google had their chance and blew it. I personally do not care what standard comes out of it, I just want nfc payment wherever

This we agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    Lol. I like the term splitting hairs. That is it. Googles OS is hella fully featured. Nothing bare about it exept the fact all aosp releases seem beta like. While 99% of the OS is flawless, it does seem like severl corners are left to the public to beta test. A beta OS? Yes! Ha ha

The os is ever changing they are constantly modifying things which comes with the expected drawback of a possible bug missed. I'm sure changes go up for review all the time just like cm's gerrit code review.

I have never gotten to use it, but it really seems to have a cult like follow in on the Internet lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    I know a few people who swear allegiance to it lmao.

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Imagine i OS ever changing? Wouldn't that be a kick!

TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Imagine i OS ever changing? Wouldn't that be a kick!

Imagine if iOS ever changed lmao I kid I kid.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Imagine if iOS ever changed lmao I kid I kid.

Ha ha ha....lmao!

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Every product has die hards. People still swear by beta max as well.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Every product has die hards. People still swear by beta max as well.

8 track was the way to go lmfao.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Back to billion dollar OS's, should not Apple open up iOS for everyone to improve like Google? That would be so innovative. That is where most people go, to where the innovation is, besides die hard fanbois. I had my tenure with iOS. In that year Android was innovating leaps and bounds over iOS and continues.

Innovative products take states of beta and Googles AOSP is responsible for all our android innovations. That is why I heart AOSP. It is the fuel in your phone. Love it or hate it.

Thanked by:

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    I can't stand swiftkey. IMO it's worse than Swype. it's all a matter of opinion.
    Samsung Note 2

If my sgs3 died tomorrow I'd throw my sim back in my pixi plus and would love every minute of it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    I can't stand swiftkey. IMO it's worse than Swype. it's all a matter of opinion.
    wow this surprises me. I just setup my 14 year old daughter with my SGS2 yesterday and put swiftkey on it for her. She actually commented on how it was so smart and was picking her next word. And this was before I told her how it worked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    wow this surprises me. I just setup my 14 year old daughter with my SGS2 yesterday and put swiftkey on it for her. She actually commented on how it was so smart and was picking her next word. And this was before I told her how it worked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    why be surprised? it's called "different strokes", Brad. Not everyone has the same tastes as yourself.
    Samsung Note 2

I'm just gonna say, if Android had been named after a fruit, Google would be a multi-billion dollar company.

Oh wait :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

No they would have gotten sued for fruit infringement

Thanked by 2:
    bigoldthor likes this.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

It is just lame when carriers and manufacturers strip aosp, like google wallet. Gotta love that choice. To the topic at hand. Never will the i love stop

Google Wallet is not now nor has it ever been AOSP.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
    Ry likes this.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

I think that what everyone has beating around the bush with here and that Google themselves consider AOSP and the Nexus line to be the bare bones foundation for OEMs to build upon. Phil and company have said so in the podcasts and reviews many tines. Even Matias Duarte supports this.

Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMobileGuru View Post
    Google Wallet is not now nor has it ever been AOSP.

Lol. Never said google wallet was AOSP:rolleyes:

It is an app fyi. Verizon and manufacturers still stripped aosp/stock google of google wallet

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233 ... LastLast