Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 293031323334 LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    If this is true I hate you in abnormal ways. Where did you find it?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    On Craigslist about a year ago, guy out in Va Beach (Hour from me) for about $19k. 93 with about 50k on the motor and trans

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    So overall how are you liking the One X+? How's the battery?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Not bad a tually I'm getting good use if I use it moderately I'm getting a good 23 hours if I GOT game crazy about 9 or 10 depends bro

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by cyanogen-man View Post
    Not bad a tually I'm getting good use if I use it moderately I'm getting a good 23 hours if I GOT game crazy about 9 or 10 depends bro

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
    good to hear. My daughter is due for a phone and I am looking at this device for her. I love the screen.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Selling my iPhone5 and iPad3 this weekend. Time to move on, Apple stuff has reached its maturity.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    xlDeMoNiClx and TomsAndroid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post
    Selling my iPhone5 and iPad3 this weekend. Time to move on, Apple stuff has reached its maturity.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    I think they reached it a while ago.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Yeah it is about time it is put in a home....

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

I quickly threw this together just for this thread, I think I'll try it out as my avatar ...

Thanked by:
    bigoldthor likes this.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
    I quickly threw this together just for this thread, I think I'll try it out as my avatar ...

Lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #784  

Wow, this guy nailed the entire point of my op. Pretty much confirms what many have been saying.

Thanked by:
    RisaChan and TomsAndroid like this.

I like what both platforms have to offer.
    Since I'm a power user, I use my Android devices more than my iOS devices.
    I like being able to plug my Android phone into the computers at work and use my phone like a USB jump drive. I can also use an OTG cable to read and transfer files to and from the USB jump drive I use at work.
    Android has had it's share of problems.
    The most recent devices have fixed a lot of issues I was having on previous Android devices. I used to recommend the iPhone to those who were getting a smartphone for the first time. Now I can recommend the latest Android devices with no problem.
    I will say that iCloud does an awesome job of restoring your device. I returned a 16GB iPad for 32GB model. When I entered my Apple ID, all of my apps, folders, wallpapers, and settings were restored. Everything was exactly how I had it on my previous iPad. Google does a pretty good job with this feature as well, but I always have problems with quite a few 3rd party apps and some settings not being added after the restoration process. I will say they're both better than Blackberry. Entering PIN numbers for all of my paid apps was a chore.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Thanked by:
    ladyc0524 and TomsAndroid like this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post
    I like what both platforms have to offer.
    Since I'm a power user, I use my Android devices more than my iOS devices.
    I like being able to plug my Android phone into the computers at work and use my phone like a USB jump drive. I can also use an OTG cable to read and transfer files to and from the USB jump drive I use at work.
    Android has had it's share of problems.
    The most recent devices have fixed a lot of issues I was having on previous Android devices. I used to recommend the iPhone to those who were getting a smartphone for the first time. Now I can recommend the latest Android devices with no problem.
    I will say that iCloud does an awesome job of restoring your device. I returned a 16GB iPad for 32GB model. When I entered my Apple ID, all of my apps, folders, wallpapers, and settings were restored. Everything was exactly how I had it on my previous iPad. Google does a pretty good job with this feature as well, but I always have problems with quite a few 3rd party apps and some settings not being added after the restoration process. I will say they're both better than Blackberry. Entering PIN numbers for all of my paid apps was a chore.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    I agree that the backup and restore process needs work. I rooted and figured out Titanium backup so all is well for me now.

Android Evangelist

I agree that the backup and restore process needs work. I rooted and figured out Titanium backup so all is well for me now.

I'm really annoyed at myself for not rooting my Nexus 7 when I got it! I want to be able to use apps such as stickmount and Titanium Backup. Now if I root, I'll loose all of my data :-(

Sent from my Nexus 7

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TomsAndroid View Post
    I'm really annoyed at myself for not rooting my Nexus 7 when I got it! I want to be able to use apps such as stickmount and Titanium Backup. Now if I root, I'll loose all of my data :-(

Sent from my Nexus 7
    What data will you loose the only thing I see as an issue is app data for games and honestly all I can say is big friggen deal. Pics, music and stuff you can store on a computer. Apps you own are still on play. There's not a ton you loose

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Ry likes this.

I find it amusing when people comment on which OS they like better when they haven't used both. I have a few friends who constantly say how bad android is and how amazing iOS is when all they have used is iOS. Makes me chuckle a bit inside, but it's also annoying when people don't speak from their own experiences.

Android has come a long way, but I don't see the media love in with the iPhone ending soon. One thing Apple does well is market and that is a huge strength. Those initial keynotes with Jobs really captured an audience and it will take a bit to unsettle that audience. Couple that with the large amount of fanboys who aren't willing to try anything else makes for a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    What data will you loose the only thing I see as an issue is app data for games and honestly all I can say is big friggen deal. Pics, music and stuff you can store on a computer. Apps you own are still on play. There's not a ton you loose

You don't lose a lot of data, just an annoyance to get the phone setup like you're used to again. You have to configure a lot of apps and even settings. I've had my Note 2 for just a week now and I already regret not rooting the device when I got it. I'm going to have to spend one weekend on rooting and installing a new ROM so I can have time to configure everything again.
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by TomsAndroid View Post

Sent from my Nexus 7
    No time like the present

Android Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post

Yeah, the games are one problem. I've finished/nearly finished quite a few so starting over is an annoyance. My main problem is that I've got a dodgy USB connection which makes it annoying to sync stuff to and from my laptop. I use Airdroid but it's still a big inconvenience.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Yeah, I just counted and I have over 185 downloaded apps. I also have a pretty slow internet connection so re-downloading would probably take a while.
    What a pain...

Sent from my Nexus 7

Global Posts
    5,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    I would be curious to learn how you made this work. I am new to Android, but my research has shown me that this is not possible. In fact, on the "Back up and Reset", it specifically says "back up app data". There are about a dozen apps I have found that help you make a list of apps to help you restore, but all of them say they cannot backup the apps unless you Root your device, and even then, none of them offer the ability to backup to the cloud.

Are you sure you actually got all of your programs to automatically reinstall?
    There are a handful of apps that are not always installed, but I do a new setup almost weekly and the majority of my apps come over, some with settings intact, but that's not automatic on most apps. The good news is that Google Play keeps a list of all the apps that you have downloaded and/or purchased, making finding old apps very simple.

Here's an interesting article, from CNET, no less. Finally some Android love outside of fan sites.

Thanked by:
    badbrad17 and TomsAndroid like this.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #795  

Quote Originally Posted by avenuePad View Post
    Here's an interesting article, from CNET, no less. Finally some Android love outside of fan sites.

Lol I posted that a few posts above just a couple of days ago.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

I hope the "love affair" never ends. The competition between Android and iOS makes for better products on both platforms. If Win8 achieves critical mass, that will help too.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck View Post
    I hope the "love affair" never ends. The competition between Android and iOS makes for better products on both platforms. If Win8 achieves critical mass, that will help too.
    I agree. Bring on BlackBerry 10. I hope it is a hit for this same reason.

Android Evangelist

I agree. Bring on BlackBerry 10. I hope it is a hit for this same reason.

As long as I can SIMPLY drag and drop and have said files work without the use of proprietary software, I will ALWAYS give said OS a try!

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    As long as I can SIMPLY drag and drop and have said files work without the use of proprietary software, I will ALWAYS give said OS a try!
    the biggest challenge is the depth of apps available. Unless the blackberry can pull a rabbit out of its hat they will have some difficulties getting people away from ios and Android, but I hope they can stay alive. The demos I've watched look pretty cool.

Android Evangelist

the biggest challenge is the depth of apps available. Unless the blackberry can pull a rabbit out of its hat they will have some difficulties getting people away from ios and Android, but I hope they can stay alive. The demos I've watched look pretty cool.

Personally, I think they would have to bring something unique and/or extraordinary to the table to pull me away from Android......or Android would have to disappoint me somehow, lol! I do hope they are successful and keep the diversity of products going!
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 293031323334 LastLast