Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 LastLast
Like Tree400Likes
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Personally, I think they would have to bring something unique and/or extraordinary to the table to pull me away from Android......or Android would have to disappoint me somehow, lol! I do hope they are successful and keep the diversity of products going!
    The two biggest things you are going to see about BB10 that will set it apart are the universal inbox (something that the old Motoblur tried on Android but didn't implement very well, and one handed ease of usr (another thing that OEMs have struggled with). Both are central to. BB10 (the entire OS being designed around them ). The biggest challenge I see is the need for users to have to learn new gestures that are not necessarily as intuitive as they could be.

I thunk its going to be enough to cement their position as #3 in the market but it will be an uphill battle to take on Apple and Google.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I posted this in another thread but you have to read the Android poke in the second paragraph. So funny

Sent from my PMID1000B using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    I posted this in another thread but you have to read the Android poke in the second paragraph. So funny

"Most Android users never caught on, as after all itís merely a platform for those geeks whose whose sense of self worth revolves around hating Apple, and those mainstream buyers who donít have the any clue what theyíre buying."

Ummm...
    LOL

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldthor View Post
    Lol I posted that a few posts above just a couple of days ago.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Lol. Sorry. After I posted that I thought to myself that someone here must have already done the same.

My bad. :o

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Personally, I think they would have to bring something unique and/or extraordinary to the table to pull me away from Android......or Android would have to disappoint me somehow, lol! I do hope they are successful and keep the diversity of products going!
    I agree. It would take a lot. But some people love BlackBerry so they will go for it. Which is fine.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
    avenuePad and xlDeMoNiClx like this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,229 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post

Bwahaha. I see that here all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

To answer the OP's original question...

iPhone Fever Is Fading

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,229 Global Posts

To answer the OP's original question...

iPhone Fever Is Fading

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    IMO, it's already gone.

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    IMO, it's already gone.

IMO, it's really not. I've yet to see a High-end Android phone at school whereas every class has about 5 iPhones.

Tom

Ry

Global Posts
    7,229 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TomsAndroid View Post
    IMO, it's really not. I've yet to see a High-end Android phone at school whereas every class has about 5 iPhones.

Tom

The Galaxy S3 has been the "it" phone.

This is what I see people wanting and eventually switching to. You won't see it right away with how phones are bought in the US. Contracts don't end at the same time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Thanked by:

ROM
    ViperOne

Tom

It may be in this thread itself but I been through my school before for an assignment. There are far more high end androids than iPhones at my school. Either way everyone's area is different.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    1812dave likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real X Dawg View Post
    It may be in this thread itself but I been through my school before for an assignment. There are far more high end androids than iPhones at my school. Either way everyone's area is different.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    It quite possible has to do with the fact that I'm in Australia. Maybe Aussie carriers aren't accepting Androids as much as iPhone. Also, in Australia, we don't have the same advertising as the US.

Tom

Last edited by TomsAndroid; 01-15-2013 at 03:20 AM.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

I'm noticing more people I know moving to Samsung more than any other brand.
    Ry, avenuePad and TomsAndroid like this.

As reported yesterday the Android market share is now 74% while iOS has just 15%. Quite the reversal from years past.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    avenuePad likes this.

I agree with many of the posts here: The media and public's love affair with the iPhone is already ending:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57564034-37/apples-shares-fall-to-$488-as-investors-fail-to-shake-worry/

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpeedofDroid View Post
    I agree with many of the posts here: The media and public's love affair with the iPhone is already ending:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57564034-37/apples-shares-fall-to-$488-as-investors-fail-to-shake-worry/
    Apple is serving the same old dish that used to be the hip thing to eat. But now there's a new restaurant in town serving something new and people like the way it tastes. Some people will still choose to eat at the Apple store but eventually the old cook needs to be fired or the menu needs to change. Apple needs a new visionary. It's not Tim Cook but it might be Jonathan Ive. He has a young fresh outlook on things and a great eye for design and usability. Apple fans are loyal to him and he is a bit anti establishment IMO. I truly despise the current direction Apple is going but I hope they will continue to push innovative ideas without being such ****** bags. We all need Apple to keep a carrot dangling ahead of us even if it is looking a bit shriveled.

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:
    Wildo6882 and avenuePad like this.

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Apple is serving the same old dish that used to be the hip thing to eat. But now there's a new restaurant in town serving something new and people like the way it tastes. Some people will still choose to eat at the Apple store but eventually the old cook needs to be fired or the menu needs to change. Apple needs a new visionary. It's not Tim Cook but it might be Jonathan Ive. He has a young fresh outlook on things and a great eye for design and usability. Apple fans are loyal to him and he is a bit anti establishment IMO. I truly despise the current direction Apple is going but I hope they will continue to push innovative ideas without being such ****** bags. We all need Apple to keep a carrot dangling ahead of us even if it is looking a bit shriveled.

Wow. You got it in one. Without Steve Jobs Apple has the sass but without the substance.

Thanked by 2:
    avenuePad likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post
    Wow. You got it in one. Without Steve Jobs Apple has the sass but without the substance.

Ya the saddest part is that Jobs isn't here to keep surprising us. But you never know. Maybe they will pull a rabbit out of a hat.

The thing I find interesting lately is that lots of people are ignoring the iPhone as an option now. I've had a few people ask me about upgrading recently and all of them said they didn't want an iphone but asked about the SGS3 and surprisingly the BlackBerry 10. This for me proves that the word on the street is that the iPhone is not the king on the block anymore.

The best part was when I told them about the carrier free Nexus 4. Every person said that they are going to wait for it.

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:
    YourMobileGuru and avenuePad like this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Android Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Ya the saddest part is that Jobs isn't here to keep surprising us. But you never know. Maybe they will pull a rabbit out of a hat.

The thing I find interesting lately is that lots of people are ignoring the iPhone as an option now. I've had a few people ask me about upgrading recently and all of them said they didn't want an iphone but asked about the SGS3 and surprisingly the BlackBerry 10. This for me proves that the word on the street is that the iPhone is not the king on the block anymore.

The best part was when I told them about the carrier free Nexus 4. Every person said that they are going to wait for it.

Bring on the Nexii world domination!

Mobile phones are just a phase. Give it a few years, and Google Glass (and competitors') wearable technology will be in. If Apple can make something with that then maybe they have a shot.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    avenuePad likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I really hope that doesn't catc h on... I am just not sure I can do it

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    Bring on the Nexii world domination!

Mobile phones are just a phase. Give it a few years, and Google Glass (and competitors') wearable technology will be in. If Apple can make something with that then maybe they have a shot.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    How could anyone argue with that? :thumbup:

Android Evangelist
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

I just love how the ios lovers still think that my android is using outdated technology and their rotten Apple is superior in every way.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network
    avenuePad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tirith View Post
    I just love how the ios lovers still think that my android is using outdated technology and their rotten Apple is superior in every way.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network
    I don't love it. In fact, I find it a bit annoying :-)

Tom

Thanked by 4:
    avenuePad likes this.

I don't love it. In fact, I find it a bit annoying :-)

Tom

It is fun to laugh at their ignorance though.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    TheOtherBill likes this.
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 LastLast