Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 844
Like Tree400Likes
  1. #101  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    Nope, the other one only allows you to add more Gmail accounts.

    Perhaps its a Verizon thing to not allow gmail in the stock email app.
    Im on a gs2 skyrocket so its different but I am on a jb leak so its stock firmware. There is always a way let me do some digging real quick.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    MrMLK 
  2. #102  

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    Let's not forget that Apple stores have a "Genius bar" for advanced help for iPhony fans, haha! I don't see any guys labeled "genius" for Android help!
    Fortunately, we have AndroidCentral for the rest of us non-Apple types, hyuck yuck!
    It's comments like this that I was talking about when I said that Android fans are just as bad as Apple ones.

    What possible reason would you have for thinking its funny that Apple supplies support for people who need help? One of the reason that Apple has such a fiercely loyal following is that any apple customer can make an appointment and go talk to a specialist with almost no notice. In or out of warranty, any Apple customer can get help on any issue related to their device. That's a huge selling point for Apple.

    Do you think Android hardware and software is so perfect and simple that no one would ever need help from a live person?
    Thanked by 3:
    Heifzillanrm5110Ry 
    Heifzilla likes this.
  3. #103  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    attached are the incoming and outgoing settings for gmail try to manually setup your account on the default email app

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?-uploadfromtaptalk1355257919413.jpg   When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?-uploadfromtaptalk1355257927585.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    MrMLK 
  4. #104  

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    attached are the incoming and outgoing settings for gmail try to manually setup your account on the default email app
    Thanks for the info. I will try it out tonight.

    Having said that, you are kind of making my point for me. Getting Gmail and Exchange accounts into the default email client is a lot more complicated on Android then it is on iOS.
  5. #105  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    Thanks for the info. I will try it out tonight.

    Having said that, you are kind of making my point for me. Getting Gmail and Exchange accounts into the default email client is a lot more complicated on Android then it is on iOS.
    Normally such is not the case good sir as my default email app all I do is sign into gmail and it sets up automatically I gave you that as I am unsure of your email app. My army email is a bit involved but it is the same setup on ios so its no easier or worse. The actual android email app is also the same way with me super easy. Im not trying to speak against your point as it is true obviously on some devices but I think your particular issue lies in your devices overlay not in android itself.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  6. #106  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Just as a point im an IT specialist both for the national guard and civilian side I have a slightly higher knowledge level on this stuff than your average user.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  7. #107  

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
    Im not trying to speak against your point as it is true obviously on some devices but I think your particular issue lies in your devices overlay not in android itself.
    Which just makes my point even more strongly. WIth iOS, core functionality works the same on every device. For any Apple device in the last three years or more, setting up email accounts works exactly the same. In fact, almost everything works exactly the same.

    Because of the fragmentation of the Android market, even basic stuff like setting up email can be wildly different from one phone to the next, or even on the same phone from different carriers. No one cares what stock Android does. People care what their phone does.

    This just makes it even more complicated for non-technical folks, which is most of the folks out there.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Heifzilla likes this.
  8. #108  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    Where I think its harder it in three specific areas.

    1) Setting up the phone for the first time (If you arn't exclusively using gmail for mail/calendar/tasks)
    2) Transferring and organizing content on the device
    3) Moving from one device to the next.

    I live in fear of the day I have to upgrade my phone.
    ARE U KIDDING LOL IT'S SOOOO easy to do all those things on Android especially #3. Like others posted itunes is crap pure crap. I hate when my iphone friends download that trash on my pc slows the hell out of it.:banghead:

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
  9. #109  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    Which just makes my point even more strongly. WIth iOS, core functionality works the same on every device. For any Apple device in the last three years or more, setting up email accounts works exactly the same. In fact, almost everything works exactly the same.

    Because of the fragmentation of the Android market, even basic stuff like setting up email can be wildly different from one phone to the next, or even on the same phone from different carriers. No one cares what stock Android does. People care what their phone does.

    This just makes it even more complicated for non-technical folks, which is most of the folks out there.
    And what iPhone fans call fragmentation I call CHOICE. And it's beautiful :beer:

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
  10. #110  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,197 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    And what iPhone fans call fragmentation I call CHOICE. And it's beautiful :beer:

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Tell that to the Android fans complaining about how some devices don't have SD card slots, or low internal memory, or a non-removable battery.

    Choice. The beauty of Android.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  11. #111  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    They still have choices. May not always be the choice they want, but that is life.

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  12. #112  
    maxburn's Avatar

    Posts
    315 Posts
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?
    When people don't feel the need to talk about it on a very specific sub forum of an android dedicated site.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  13. #113  

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
    The media will never let go of the iPhone. Apple gets all the attention. Next time you check out a movie or TV show, see what kind of computer or phone they are using.
    I don't watch a lot of tv, but when I do notice a computer being used it often seems to be something generic running a customized (most likely Linux based) UI with a custom fake email/IM /whatever app, presumably because they don't want to provide free product placement.
  14. #114  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,197 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    You all must have hated the episode of Modern Family where Phil wants an iPad for his birthday.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  15. #115  

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    Which just makes my point even more strongly. WIth iOS, core functionality works the same on every device.
    Yes, both of them!

    Henry Ford eventually learned that he had to have other colors besides black. If Apple wants to give people only 1 choice, they'll go to someone else. That is why the GSIII is #1 and 70% of the world uses android smartphones. That said, I think they've always chosen to be a niche player, I've yet to see anything from them that makes it look like they are really trying to please more than their core group - they just want to try to put more people into that group.


    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    They still have choices. May not always be the choice they want, but that is life.
    Free market comes into play here. If you look at the GN2 vs. DNA threads, see how many people won't get the DNA because it has no swappable battery or SD card. While that may not be enough to convince HTC to add those features, I am sure it's enough to convince another manufacturer to make sure they don't drop them.
    Last edited by TheOtherBill; 12-12-2012 at 12:49 AM.
  16. #116  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
    Yes, both of them!

    Henry Ford eventually learned that he had to have other colors besides black. If Apple wants to give people only 1 choice, they'll go to someone else. That is why the GSIII is #1 and 70% of the world uses android smartphones. That said, I think they've always chosen to be a niche player, I've yet to see anything from them that makes it look like they are really trying to please more than their core group - they just want to try to put more people into that group.



    Free market comes into play here. If you look at the GN2 vs. DNA threads, see how many people won't get the DNA because it has no swappable battery or SD card. While that may not be enough to convince HTC to add yhose features, I am sure it's enough to convince another manufacturer to make sure they don't drop them.
    Hey apple did too, the i5s is supposed to come in 8 colors

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  17. #117  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    It was dropped, but there are over 50 other programs still available. I have used 2 of them (Azul Media Player and CInXPlayer) and they have worked for every file I have thrown at them.
    That's really good to know. Why was VLC cancelled?

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  18. #118  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    Thanks for the info. I will try it out tonight.

    Having said that, you are kind of making my point for me. Getting Gmail and Exchange accounts into the default email client is a lot more complicated on Android then it is on iOS.
    Okay I have to jump in to say that although it may be more difficult for you to set this up, I run a Web design company and I host over 400 companies on our server. The absolute most trouble we have setting up email accounts is bar none Apple devices. We have had 2 clients sitting in the room with the same phones trying to set up email. One iphone works perfectly while the other doesn't. Yesterday I spent 20 minutes trying to set up an account on an iPad. It just wouldn't work. I have set up thousands of email accounts on many different computers and devices. Android works by far the easiest. Windows is second. Then BlackBerry. Then OSX. Then iOS. I wish it wasn't so, but it's the truth after 20 years of doing it.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  19. #119  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Ok then DONT BUY THAT MODEL LOL. I like I said it's all about CHOICE. Lol

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
  20. #120  
    SOTK's Avatar

    Posts
    293 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/CM10

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    Which just makes my point even more strongly. WIth iOS, core functionality works the same on every device. For any Apple device in the last three years or more, setting up email accounts works exactly the same. In fact, almost everything works exactly the same.

    Because of the fragmentation of the Android market, even basic stuff like setting up email can be wildly different from one phone to the next, or even on the same phone from different carriers. No one cares what stock Android does. People care what their phone does.

    This just makes it even more complicated for non-technical folks, which is most of the folks out there.
    Dude, why don't you go back to Apple, seriously? You've posted and posted in this thread how simple iOS and iTunes is. You've complained about fragmentation and have espoused Apple's consistent OS architecture ad nauseum. Seems pretty clear to me Apple is for you.

    Either go back to Apple or spend some more time researching Android. The email client which comes with the N2 is easy for setting up exchange accounts. You can actually have Gmail pour into this email client as well and forgo using the Gmail app. As for music/videos/pictures and the like, Double Twist with Air Sync works very efficiently. I install the free Double Twist app for me PC and use it as media manager. It's super easy for syncing. If Double Twist doesn't work on the Mac, blame Apple.

    Personally, I don't get people who use Android in conjunction with Apple based computers. You talk about ease of use. Why would you buy a phone which has known difficulties communicating with the computing platform you have chosen to use?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Device: Galaxy Nexus, Transformer Prime
    Rom/Kernel: AOKP/ImoseyOn Lean Kernel, CM10
    Thanked by:
  21. #121  

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Sony Xperia S rooted on 4.0.4. Nuff said. Once manufacturers go to 4.2 and hardcore debloat their stuff then regular not just power users will see the strength and beauty of Android.

    Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums
  22. #122  
    The Real X Dawg's Avatar

    Posts
    318 Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post
    Sony Xperia S rooted on 4.0.4. Nuff said. Once manufacturers go to 4.2 and hardcore debloat their stuff then regular not just power users will see the strength and beauty of Android.

    Sent from my LT26i using Android Central Forums
    Too bad most regular people won't care about any of that unless there is feature that interests them.

    Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
  23. #123  

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by SOTK View Post
    Dude, why don't you go back to Apple, seriously? You've posted and posted in this thread how simple iOS and iTunes is. You've complained about fragmentation and have espoused Apple's consistent OS architecture ad nauseum. Seems pretty clear to me Apple is for you.
    Dude, you should probably read my posts before you bother to respond to them. I have said more then once in this thread that I prefer Android to iOS for myself. I have posted numerous times that I am happier with my Note then I was with my iPhone even though some things are more difficult to do. And I haven't complained about fragmentation, I have just pointed out this it exists, and therefore some of the benefits of having multiple vendors making Android phones are balanced by the added complexity that is a side-effect of that fragmentation. Someone stated that iOS was only popular because of hype, and I said that for a lot of people, the increased simplicity of doing some things on Apple is a big selling point.

    Quote Originally Posted by SOTK View Post
    Either go back to Apple or spend some more time researching Android.
    I don't know how to respond to this except to say that your contributions to the thread would be greater if you read the whole thread before responding to it. I can't have been more clear that I have spent a lot of time playing with my new phone, that I love my new phone, and that I wouldn't under any circumstances consider going back to an iPhone. That fact that some things are harder to do doesn't take away from the fact that overall, I like it much better. Had you taken the time to read the thread before you posted this, you would certainly have gotten that message.

    In any case, thanks for making my other point for me. There are over-the-top Android supporters just like there are over-the-top Apple supporters. Just as some Apple fans will overreact to any criticism, some Android fans will as well.
    Last edited by MrMLK; 12-12-2012 at 09:18 AM.
  24. #124  

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    Dude, you should probably read my posts before you bother to respond to them. I have said more then once in this thread that I prefer Android to iOS for myself. I have posted numerous times that I am happier with my Note then I was with my iPhone even though some things are more difficult to do. And I haven't complained about fragmentation, I have just pointed out this it exists, and therefore some of the benefits of having multiple vendors making Android phones are balanced by the added complexity that is a side-effect of that fragmentation. Someone stated that iOS was only popular because of hype, and I said that for a lot of people, the increased simplicity of doing some things on Apple is a big selling point.



    I don't know how to respond to this except to say that your contributions to the thread would be greater if you read the whole thread before responding to it. I can't have been more clear that I have spent a lot of time playing with my new phone, that I love my new phone, and that I wouldn't under any circumstances consider going back to an iPhone. That fact that some things are harder to do doesn't take away from the fact that overall, I like it much better. Had you taken the time to read the thread before you posted this, you would certainly have gotten that message.

    In any case, thanks for making my other point for me. There are crazy Android supports just like there are crazy Apple supporters.
    I want to jump in and second your thoughts. Apple is largely driven by hype, but in all fairness the original iPhone was a game changer so people recognize the name and brand more so than android. Also, Apple created a product that is just easier to use. Anyone that cares enough to spend time on a forum like this knows how to make their phone work in ways that 99% of the people don't care about. Straight out of the box the iPhone is just easier in my opinion. I bought my parents iPhone 4's last year without hesitation but I like the customization and tinkering android provides.
  25. #125  
    SOTK's Avatar

    Posts
    293 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/CM10

    Default Re: When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    Dude, you should probably read my posts before you bother to respond to them. I have said more then once in this thread that I prefer Android to iOS for myself. I have posted numerous times that I am happier with my Note then I was with my iPhone even though some things are more difficult to do. And I haven't complained about fragmentation, I have just pointed out this it exists, and therefore some of the benefits of having multiple vendors making Android phones are balanced by the added complexity that is a side-effect of that fragmentation. Someone stated that iOS was only popular because of hype, and I said that for a lot of people, the increased simplicity of doing some things on Apple is a big selling point.



    I don't know how to respond to this except to say that your contributions to the thread would be greater if you read the whole thread before responding to it. I can't have been more clear that I have spent a lot of time playing with my new phone, that I love my new phone, and that I wouldn't under any circumstances consider going back to an iPhone. That fact that some things are harder to do doesn't take away from the fact that overall, I like it much better. Had you taken the time to read the thread before you posted this, you would certainly have gotten that message.

    In any case, thanks for making my other point for me. There are crazy Android supports just like there are crazy Apple supporters.
    I did read the entire thread hence my comments that you've espoused nothing but love for iOS and iTunes throughout. I did read a few of your comments where you purport to like this device; however, you've gone to great lengths in this thread to argue in the positive for iTunes and iOS. When somebody spends more time and words on arguing in the positive for one platform versus another its not difficult to deduce where they lean hence my observation that you're better off staying with Apple.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Device: Galaxy Nexus, Transformer Prime
    Rom/Kernel: AOKP/ImoseyOn Lean Kernel, CM10
    TheOtherBill likes this.
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I am back after a short affair with the Galaxy S3
    By billgio in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 09:41 AM
  2. Can I force the official 2.2 if I upgrade with the leak
    By B_Wat in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 01:32 AM
  3. When will a decent Android-based tablet be available in the US?
    By mapexvenus in forum Misc. Tablet Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 11:55 AM
  4. When will a decent Android-based tablet be available in the US?
    By mapexvenus in forum Misc. Android Phone Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 11:55 AM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 03:55 PM

Posting Permissions

B