When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Actually iphone does not Android.

http://www.techspot.com/news/51158-...rcent-us-market-share-for-the-first-time.html

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

Flawed data is flawed. That study looked at a 12 week sales period, not users. What company had a major product launch in the 12 week period? Why yes, Apple. Of course they are gonna sell 50%. If you did that same study at the SGS launch the numbers would have been 75%

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
True but I do think the OS is growing and will have enough of the market share soon to be a significant midrange competitor. Manufactures and consumers alike interested in only the more high-end devices will continue to turn to Android and iOS, but we'll definitely see Windows Phone grow in 2013. It's a clear, simple platform that both Windows8 fans and users looking for alternatives will choose. HTC and Samsung will help make it an easier decision by coming out with much better Win8 "flagship" phones like we saw with the 8x and Ativ this year. Should be an interesting couple of quarters with BB10 launching and CES:thumbup:

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

Yeah I can see wp overtaking rim for a fact.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I can see wp overtaking rim for a fact.

If ALL of RIM were up for sale I could see ms just buying it outright. I don't see bb10 being all that special to anyone but bb users so yes windows phone will overtake bb this year

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I was under the impression with the new i5 that there were amazing changes and how great it will be for me to have. I was wrong and I must confess this to everyone that I argued with that this was better than their crappy android phones. Please forgive me :D lol. (Not that any of you will be on this forum).

Somehow apple always gets believers to believe that the new iPhone is going to have sweeping improvements and be the best phone ever. It never is and the release of the new version significantly increases the sales of the previous models. Especially this year when they dropped the price of the 4S and didn't replace it with an 8 gb version. The icing on the cake was when the 4S got all the software upgrades except still capture during video recording.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Somehow apple always gets believers to believe that the new iPhone is going to have sweeping improvements and be the best phone ever. It never is and the release of the new version significantly increases the sales of the previous models. Especially this year when they dropped the price of the 4S and didn't replace it with an 8 gb version. The icing on the cake was when the 4S got all the software upgrades except still capture during video recording.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
Apple does have that effect on people. If there's anything Apple excels at, it's marketing.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

mikeraba

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Lol look what it is... A WINDOWS PHONE lol. They don't have the market share or juice to charge 300 for any windows phone regardless of specs

First the phone was cheaper because it was older. Now it's cheaper because it's a Windows phone. You totally ignored this part of my post: "Older doesn't mean cheaper when you're talking a month or weeks. The Note 1 still sells for $150...same as iPhone 5 and it's much older." Phones like everything else are priced according to what the seller thinks the market will pay. And "market share or juice???" Was juice a typo?

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
First the phone was cheaper because it was older. Now it's cheaper because it's a Windows phone. You totally ignored this part of my post: "Older doesn't mean cheaper when you're talking a month or weeks. The Note 1 still sells for $150...same as iPhone 5 and it's much older." Phones like everything else are priced according to what the seller thinks the market will pay. And "market share or juice???" Was juice a typo?

No that wasn't a typo juice= say so with the OEMS which wp dosnt have yet like apple or Samsung. And plus u keep saying the note is still 150 OK and that's because its still up with the ip5 and wp and plus its the NOTE and its on ATT. There prices been all over the map

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Umm prove it. Build a PC that compares to a IMAC with the same SPECs. Sorry dude, you are wrong. Been in the PC field for over 20 years and as of today they are pretty equal with the same components with a much better warranty and look on the MAC side. Dell All in One, actually are more expensive in 27". Amazing.

Oh, and the IMAC comes with IPS display, with the smallest shell you will ever find, and 3TB Fusion Drive (SSD/HD combo). Wireless keyboard and mouse and a full 1 year warranty standard that covers both the software and hardware and as many calls as you want. That monitor itself is $1000 bucks plus from Apple or Dell any way you look at it and it's known to be the best out of all the 27" screens. So actually the computer itself is about $1200-1500 bucks.

? What? Sorry but they are certainty not the same price although I wish they were. They have come down in price, but a full blown desktop PC is far cheaper than a comparable iMac. And this is still an all in one system with limited upgrade ability. You get less HD, less ram and a slower video card for the same or more than a PC. I run a design company and have to buy and upgrade systems all the time. Apple systems used to last longer over all but PCs are so fast now they last for many years. You would have a hard time spending $1500 on a PC today including a 24 inch monitor. But this would have 16gb ram, 2tb hd, i7 Core chip, 1gb video etc. The iMac wouldn't come close.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• imac27.PNG
    imac27.PNG
    58.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Umm prove it. Build a PC that compares to a IMAC with the same SPECs. Sorry dude, you are wrong. Been in the PC field for over 20 years and as of today they are pretty equal with the same components with a much better warranty and look on the MAC side. Dell All in One, actually are more expensive in 27". Amazing.

Oh, and the IMAC comes with IPS display, with the smallest shell you will ever find, and 3TB Fusion Drive (SSD/HD combo). Wireless keyboard and mouse and a full 1 year warranty standard that covers both the software and hardware and as many calls as you want. That monitor itself is $1000 bucks plus from Apple or Dell any way you look at it and it's known to be the best out of all the 27" screens. So actually the computer itself is about $1200-1500 bucks.
Anyone that's been to an electronics store in the last few months can confirm he knows what he's talking about.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I can build a Windows PC entirely off of Newegg.com that is comparible or better than an Apple for less than half the cost!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
If that's the case, then my new Galaxy Note 2 is a lesser phone that the iPhone 5 since it cost more. Iphone was on sale for $150...my Note 2 was on sale for $250

You obviously missed the point. Lesser does not have to equal more either. The point was that just because something is more expensive, does not automatically make it better.

Sent from my Nexus 7

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone that's been to an electronics store in the last few months can confirm he knows what he's talking about.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Really? Then prove it. Because SPEC vs SPEC I see it not being cheaper. And this is why I have a degree in Computer Engineering and over 20 years of experience in the IT field and you don't.

Read.

Are Macs more expensive than comparable PCs?
HowStuffWorks "Are Macs more expensive than comparable PCs?"

Last edited:

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I can build a Windows PC entirely off of Newegg.com that is comparible or better than an Apple for less than half the cost!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Sure, with cheap crap. Like I said, a BOUGHT SYSTEM built with the same spec as the Apple. Dell, HP, etc go build one and show me it being cheaper. All in ones as that is equal to a MAC. It's a FACT not opinion that SPEC vs SPEC MAC VS PC costs are the same period.

I have a System that cost me $2700 to build 1 year ago, and that IMAC I posted is faster than it.

Read this as you might learn something.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just read this ridiculous article. Macs come with high quality software. Really?! Could've fooled me, I've never used any of it because it's essentially bloatware just from Apple, and really not any good.

Cheap crap from Tiger or Newegg? Are you freaking serious?! Sure there's cheap crap but they also sell high quality stuff and it's still cheaper than the crap offered in my Mac.

Sorry my friends and I built pc's in college that were better than Macs and half the price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

You are splitting hairs with the monitor. Yes Apple makes nice monitors, but so does Dell if you buy their Ultra Sharp displays. I actually feel that the color correction is better on my Dell than my iMac when it comes to matching for print.
That system you posted is $500 more than the a very similar Dell system which comes with a number of add ons like touch screen and 16GB of Ram instead of 8GB. If you add the extra 8GB of ram and you have another $200+ on your system, so you're is much more. But anyone that buys an all in one is a idjit.
allinone.JPG
I would recommend buying a desktop system as you can get even more.
Here's a system with an i7, 32GB of RAM, 3TB ofHD + 256GB SSD and 1.5GB Nvidia and a 27inch monitor and a "Bluray burner" for the same price as the iMac which is an all in one that is not very upgradeable.
Dell-desktop.JPG

Or you could piece it together a bit more and go this way (see what I'm doing here? I have choice)
Same i7, 24GB of Ram, 2TB HD, The super fast AMD 7870 Video card, a bluray burner for only $1799
Then I can add a 30 inch monitor for $999 and still be close to the same price as your system for waaaaaaayyy more.
Dell.JPG
monitor.JPG

If I match spec for spec, your iMac system as a Dell desktop with specs as close as I can get it only costs me $1235.00. So even if I added an extra $500 just for snizzles and sheets I am only at $1735.

And for what it's worth, it's not always about buying the most expensive system. If I opted to buy a slightly cheaper system I could get even more value and still get a very fast PC yet the iMac would not be a lot cheaper.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Sure, with cheap crap. Like I said, a BOUGHT SYSTEM built with the same spec as the Apple. Dell, HP, etc go build one and show me it being cheaper. All in ones as that is equal to a MAC. It's a FACT not opinion that SPEC vs SPEC MAC VS PC costs are the same period.

I have a System that cost me $2700 to build 1 year ago, and that IMAC I posted is faster than it.

Read this as you might learn something.

Did you actually read that How stuff works article? It is in no way giving Apple a hand up on anything. In fact it is really saying that they are more expensive so they should be better. In real world experience "for over 20 years" (job and credential name drop) this was true maybe 10 years ago, but now the hardware is far beyond what most people need in their day to day use. The issue of crashing and problems is just not as apparent any more. I see it every day. We buid software and do graphic design. We use both Macs and PC's and the truth is that the Macs work great but they are far over priced. My 1 year old Dell PC runs faster than my 2 year old Mac yet the mac was over double the price, so the value is not there because in 1 more year I can buy another Dell and sill have spent less than the Mac.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke