When will the media and public's love affair with the iPhone end?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
This is why I dont participate. When someone states personal innuendos.....I have to drop it. I can't be nice after this and get infractions lmfao! Onward now, but do not be personal, just stick to the facts and keep it focused okay:)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
I unfortunately love a good brawl.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Here here. Thanks for the input. I found it funny that Metallica just signed a deal with Spotify who recently purchased Napster. And as you mentioned the artists see very little to nothing from record sales. Maybe 10-40 cents per album. Many new artists are now offering their music for free on the Pirate Bay too. Promotion is far more beneficial to an artist than a few dollars for a hundred cd sales. I played in a band for over 20 years. We gave away our music and played gigs for free just to gain popularity so why wouldn't new artists use this medium to gain recognition. It's no different than recording yourself and posting it on YouTube.

The delivery is flawed, not where you get it.

Sir, I completely understand. I have thousands of dollars of music equipment and have played in several bands myself. I completely agree. Cheers.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
This is why I dont participate. When someone states personal innuendos.....I have to drop it. I can't be nice after this and get infractions lmfao! Onward now, but do not be personal, just stick to the facts and keep it focused okay:)
Johnly - the facts are that copyrights are property and if you steal them, you are committing a crime.

You don't respect copyright laws and are OK with stealing other people's intellectual property because in your mind you have a right to steal someone's property as long as it is intangible property. Downloading unauthorized copies of music is NOT LEGALLY DIFFERENT THAN WALKING INTO A WALMART AND SHOPLIFTING A CD. The fact that you don't understand that theft of intangible property is no different than theft of tangible property is your problem.

Please keep your word and stop responding to a topic you know nothing about.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
And Metallica would agree with me.

NOTHING ever stopped Radiohead and Dispatch from giving their music away for free. IF they wanted to do that, they are free to do that. But them wanting to give their music away for free doesn't entitle anyone to steal Metallica's music.

You get that, don't you? How radiohead and dispatch consenting to giving their music away for free doesn't in any way shape or form mean that someone is legitimate in stealing Metallica's music, right?

You're obviously stuck on the negative side. So bands complaining about it makes it bad more than bands using it to promote their music makes it good? They could have done it a different way but it already happened so they took advantage of it. They didn't whine about it that's for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Johnly - the facts are that copyrights are property and if you steal them, you are committing a crime.

You don't respect copyright laws and are OK with stealing other people's intellectual property because in your mind you have a right to steal someone's property as long as it is intangible property. Downloading unauthorized copies of music is NOT LEGALLY DIFFERENT THAN WALKING INTO A WALMART AND SHOPLIFTING A CD. The fact that you don't understand that theft of intangible property is no different than theft of tangible property is your problem.

Please keep your word and stop responding to a topic you know nothing about.

Getting a bit cocky there I see.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
If by cocky you mean I am not OK with stealing other people's intellectual property, well hell yeah, then, I am cocky.

The real issue is why don't you have a problem with it?

No you're cocky because you say he knows nothing about this which is not your call. That's the real issue. He's definitely more mature than you are.

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You're obviously stuck on the negative side.

I am "stuck" on the fact that intangible intellectual property is PROPERTY just like your phone or your car or your house or the money in your bank account is your property and I don't like anyone stealing my property from me. Do you like it when someone steals your property from you?

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
No you're cocky because you say he knows nothing about this which is not your call.
He knows nothing about intellectual property law. THAT is MY call. YOU apparently know nothing about intellectual property law, either. And THAT is MY call, also.

Educate yourself about intellectual property law or shut up. You are embarrassing yourself in front of those of us who DO understand it. And THAT is MY call. Got it?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
If by cocky you mean I am not OK with stealing other people's intellectual property, well hell yeah, then, I am cocky.

The real issue is why don't you have a problem with it?
You are getting a bit over the top. I think the discussion doesn't have to go down this path. State your points without making it personal.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
He knows nothing about intellectual property law. THAT is MY call. YOU apparently know nothing about intellectual property law, either. And THAT is MY call, also.

Educate yourself about intellectual property law or shut up. You are embarrassing yourself in front of those of us who DO understand it. And THAT is MY call. Got it?

I think you should step away you are getting heated. If you continue in this way I will report you. Nothing personal but it seems as though you are making it personal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I think you should step away you are getting heated. If you continue in this way I will report you. Nothing personal but it seems as though you are making it personal.
I am NOT stepping away from this. I will not back down to opposing people stealing intellectual property. Those who are advocating the theft of intellectual property are WRONG.

Report away. I saw Jerry lock down a thread and admonish a poster who wanted info about an app that made it look like they had purchased an app from the playstore when they hadn't. Jerry got it that it was theft. So is it different when it is someone's music? Um, no.

Report away. I am not backing down. Theft of intellectual property is THEFT.

And I just reported YOU for harassing me.

Here is the thread BTW
http://forums.androidcentral.com/hacking/239295-iap-cracker-android.html

See, stealing people's intellectual property is STEALING even on Android Central.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I am NOT stepping away from this. I will not back down to opposing people stealing intellectual property. Those who are advocating the theft of intellectual property are WRONG.

Report away. I saw Jerry lock down a thread and admonish a poster who wanted info about an app that made it look like they had purchased an app from the playstore when they hadn't. Jerry got it that it was theft. So is it different when it is someone's music? Um, no.

No one is saying to steal anything. The discussion is a controversial topic, we should be able to have a civil conversation without blowing our cool. I love this thread, let's not kill it :D Happy thoughts everyone.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
First sir I was neither harrasing nor disagreeing with you. Your tone and the way you were leading this discussion is in a direction away from being an intellectual debate and into a full fledged argument/flame fest. Please try and understand that your emotions at this point are clearly taking over.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You are getting a bit over the top. I think the discussion doesn't have to go down this path. State your points without making it personal.

Some people can't handle when people don't agree with them. Their egos are very easily bruised.

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
First sir I was neither harrasing nor disagreeing with you. Your tone and the way you were leading this discussion is in a direction away from being an intellectual debate and into a full fledged argument/flame fest. Please try and understand that your emotions at this point are clearly taking over.
First, I am a miss, not a sir. But please understand, when you make your living off of selling your intellectual property as I do, it is hard not to get worked up about people advocating stealing intellectual property.

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
No one is saying to steal anything. The discussion is a controversial topic,
The original Napster was about the organized, large scale, stealing of intellectual property made easy by electronic means. It really wasn't controversial at all. It was theft, pure and simple. The fact that some bands consented to the free distribution of their music doesn't mean that those bands who didn't weren't the victims of theft.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
First, I am a miss, not a sir. But please understand, when you make your living off of selling your intellectual property as I do, it is hard not to get worked up about people advocating stealing intellectual property.

I apologize miss. Again though one should not get so worked up. I understand your passion on this particular subject but that should be used in a much more positive manner. Instead of insults you would be perfect for giving real life examples. Help to educate not attack. When you start getting heated step back for a moment.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Here is the thread BTW
http://forums.androidcentral.com/hacking/239295-iap-cracker-android.html

See, stealing people's intellectual property is STEALING even on Android Central.

You ARE flaming, though, and that needs to stop. Having a conversation about the legality of pirating is NOT the same as posting how/where/etc to get pirated things.

Also, just because someone is against DRM doesn't mean they pirate. You can be AGAINST a law and still follow that SAME law.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc