Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GNote 2 Charging issues?

Couldn't find the info on a search...

Is anyone else noticing the GNote2 wont charge correctly on other Galaxy chargers/cords?

The same wall charger Ive used for my s2 and s3 wont even fully charge my GNote2 while on it all night.

What am I missing? Is the charger base lower capacity? Or the cord? Both? Or defective maybe?

What 2nd hand wall chargers work the way the OEM GNote2 one does? Hate having to buy all new chargers.... But I do love how fast the GNote2 charges on the supplied charger.

Default Re: GNote 2 Charging issues?

Yes. Other chargers are around .7 amp, the GN2 charger is 2A. The others will work but can take 8-9 hours, where the 2A that shipped with it takes 3.5 hours for a fully discharged battery. The other chargers work fine except for the time they take.
    You can buy more chargers but check the amperage before purchasing. I have an old Blackberry charger that fully charges mine overnight from about 25% left.
    It's like having a truck with a huge fuel tank, it lasts longer but takes longer to fill.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

So does the gauge/thickness of cable matter,or just the charger plug amps? (Basically, Do i need new cables too?)

No you don't need new usb cables. My puppy already chewed through my oem usb charging cable so I just plugged in a spare one lying around the house into the original charger plug. It still charges just as fast.
    Thanked by:

does everyone gets these charging problems with note 2?
    please answer my question.

I do. Some mornings I wake up to find my Note 2 hasn't charged at all? But it is plugged in. But then i re-plug it in and it charges fine again. Started happening 2 weeks ago and it has happened like two times week.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethkilo View Post
    I do. Some mornings I wake up to find my Note 2 hasn't charged at all? But it is plugged in. But then i re-plug it in and it charges fine again. Started happening 2 weeks ago and it has happened like two times week.
    Which one you re-plug it from? Your phone or your wall charger? If it is from your phone, then it possible that your phone usb port is malfunctioning and need a replacement. If you re-plug it from the wall charger, then it your charger that have malfunctioning. And need a new wall charger.

I have no problem using a different android phone charger even I used the Apple charger to my note 2. I never have a problem, and I use HTC Usb cable to my phone because it grippy to hold in my phone than the stock Samsung usb.

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

I unplug it from my phone. I think I should go exchange it. What's the warranty on note 2's? I bought it like 3 weeks ago

I was having the charging issue. Whenever i was connecting charger to Note 2 either by wall charger/USB port, it was saying something like dock is connected or phone is docked.
    Later i visited to Samsung service center, and they changed the charging base/pine of Note 2. Now it is working fine.
    Regards,
    Shirish