How to assign a Preferred WIFI connection?
I work in a place with 2 WIFI networks. One is my preferred connection which is secured with a password, then one which is Open. The secured WIFI is near my desk and the open is everywhere in the building. When I step away from my desk my phone switches to the Open network. When I come back it doesn't switch back to my preferred secured connection.
Is there any way to assign a preferred WIFI connection so that when I'm near my desk it switches over automatically? The only other solution I've found is to "forget" the open network which I actually like to have access to when I'm in a dead cell connection area like the basement.
- 12-11-2012, 11:28 AM #2
- 12-12-2012, 04:53 AM #3
- 12-12-2012, 11:09 AM #4
- 408 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to assign a Preferred WIFI connection?
FWIW: I thought I wanted to use 5, but I checked with WiFi Analyzer (great app, BTW) and the 2.4 was a much better signal. My connection on the 2.4 anywhere in the house or in the yard is a magnitude faster than I can get from my cable modem. That's way more than good enough.
- By Kyle Gibb in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 46Last Post: 11-28-2011, 03:03 PM
- By mmathai77 in forum Samsung Galaxy TabReplies: 9Last Post: 08-20-2011, 10:21 PM
- By kemo46 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 13Last Post: 12-18-2010, 05:48 AM
- By searles_400 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 3Last Post: 07-23-2010, 02:48 PM
- By cward0625 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 1Last Post: 11-09-2009, 01:11 PM