Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bigoldthor
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Very weird experience with a random reboot just now

So I've had a few random reboots since I've had the phone, about two weeks. Just now though, I was on a phone call on my bluetooth headset and the GN2 just did a random reboot. Didn't worry too much about it and took off my headset. But when the phone came back up, the phone call was still connected! I heard a voice coming from the phone and realized it was the same call I had been on before the reset. I put my headset back on and continued the conversation.

Ideas? I thought this was very strange.
    Jussumguy88 likes this.

Default Re: Very weird experience with a random reboot just now

Had my first reboot today using multi windows, Chrome and Facebook.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah, mine are starting to happen 2-3 times a day. Not sure why...some claim Avast! is a culprit, but I don't even have/use that app on my phone. What made the one the other day so weird is that the call didn't even drop during the reboot.

I can't answer why the call stayed connected. However, in my opinion, it's an app. My last phone was an EVO. Had it for over a year when it started to reboot. I put up with that for about 3 weeks when I realized it happened just after a phone call. I looked in Google Play for the list of installed apps (at Play page, click your devise, then look at the bottom for My Orders & Settings), this gives a list of apps in order of the date installed. There was an app that I had installed about 3 weeks prior that recorded phone calls. I uninstalled it and the reboots stopped.
    For you, since the reboots were from day one and 2-3 times a day. Say you have 50 apps, I would divide the apps in half and uninstall 25 apps. Test for a day to see if the problem continues. If it doesn't, you know the problem is in those 25 apps. Add back 12 apps and test for a day, etc.
    Good luck
    Nexus 6, 64gb
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5"
    Chromecast
    Vizio Co-Star
    Thanked by: