Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By jodyberry
  • 2 Post By LazrRocketArm
  • 2 Post By dougm1970
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is our Note 2 equal to (in PC speed)?

Just curious what the speed of our Note 2 is equal to in the PC world?

When someone asks, I'd like to be able to tell them it's equal to an i3, or i5 or i7.

Thanks all...

Global Posts
    10,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Default Re: What is our Note 2 equal to (in PC speed)?

Quote Originally Posted by jodyberry View Post
    Just curious what the speed of our Note 2 is equal to in the PC world?

When someone asks, I'd like to be able to tell them it's equal to an i3, or i5 or i7.

Thanks all...
    i3 is only dual and isn't clocked very high. It comes down to arc, clock speed, triangles and nms. I would just tell them it is fast a nuts. Let them use it and see for themselves.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

But I mean if I'm just talking to someone and I DON'T have my phone to show them, what would it be equal to (In the most general sense)?

Thx

It wouldn't be no where near an i3, i5 nor i7, first of all they are clocked way above 1.6ghz. Also they have a 22nm die and our exynos is 32nm, basically lower the better. Another factor is that most or all i3, i5 and i7's are 64bit and exynos isn't. So if you tried to run full windows 8 with a game like call of duty on your device like a computer then it just wouldn't be useable. And don't forget note 2 only has 2gb of ram (DDR2) and i3 ect have about 3GB at least which is also DDR3.

Overall it just wouldn't match up to the latest laptops and comps

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    10,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidS3 View Post
    It wouldn't be no where near an i3, i5 nor i7, first of all they are clocked way above 1.6ghz. Also they have a 22nm die and our exynos is 32nm, basically lower the better. Another factor is that most or all i3, i5 and i7's are 64bit and exynos isn't. So if you tried to run full windows 8 with a game like call of duty on your device likeX a computer then it just wouldn't be useable. And don't forget note 2 only has 2gb of ram (DDR2) and i3 ect have about 3GB at least which is also DDR3.

Overall it just wouldn't match up to the latest laptops and comps

now stick that pc pocket....point is, you can not. And ram is subject to the manufacturer, so please. Btw, if windows was running on the galaxy note I would trash it, even 64 bits of that crap.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

@AndroidS# - Thanks for the clarification!!

I recently saw a video where a guy was using his Note 2 as a computer and he tested a bunch of games, etc. that ran pretty smooth.

Is that different somehow than how games/programs are run on a PC, because it seemed pretty smooth and fast for being slower than a PC.

Thanks again...
    Johnly likes this.

Global Posts
    1,207 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

Here is a question we PC builders ask ourselves and is a valid point in pc games.

"Can it run Crysis"

If it can't then it is not as powerful as a pc . By the way there is no way in hell a Galaxy Note 2 is going to keep up with me running a Intel I7-2600k clocked at 4.2 ghz with 16gb of ddr3-1600 ram hooked up to 670GTX Nvidia video card with 1 120gb ssd and a 1tb hdd.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    3348b76f

Quote Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post
    Here is a question we PC builders ask ourselves and is a valid point in pc games.

"Can it run Crysis"

If it can't then it is not as powerful as a pc . By the way there is no way in hell a Galaxy Note 2 is going to keep up with me running a Intel I7-2600k clocked at 4.2 ghz with 16gb of ddr3-1600 ram hooked up to 670GTX Nvidia video card with 1 120gb ssd and a 1tb hdd.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Don't think that was the point dude.
    At all....

But I am sure we are all really impressed by your hardware. I have a Galaxy S3 and can't remember the last time I needed a computer.... for anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Johnly and SevenThree like this.

Global Posts
    10,396 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by LazrRocketArm View Post
    Don't think that was the point dude.
    At all....

But I am sure we are all really impressed by your hardware. I have a Galaxy S3 and can't remember the last time I needed a computer.... for anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    perfect lol.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Yea i think if I had that much power in my cellphone I could use it as a hand warmer!

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

Lol, an Intel i7 in your phone, a 2000p+ display, nvidia ge force 8 core graphics card, man the battery would be on fire haha

you could however...

sicario666 and Johnly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    i3 is only dual and isn't clocked very high. It comes down to arc, clock speed, triangles and nms. I would just tell them it is fast a nuts. Let them use it and see for themselves.
    Agreed I would just show them. I have never used an Android device that was anywhere near this fast. I actually have away my nexus 7 because I thought it was slow.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2
    iPhone 5S+Galaxy S5 user. Google Glass Explorer.

Follow Me:

App.Net: sleepnclass
    Twitter: sleepnclass

Peace & Blessings.

Its WAY faster than my ibm lenovo think pad work issued laptop. However the paper weight linux laptop my wifes friend fixed, is a dragster compared to this note2/corvette

Haha will try to put this really simply. it's pretty much nowhere near as powerful as the current ones. Maybe the same speed as low end laptops from 5-6 years ago, but they have to run a heavy operating system and they don't have flash storage.

Flash storage - the memory means that the phone loads programs and boots up fairly fast, android is pretty much a lightweight operating system as it doesn't require much cpu power to run anyways, but I guess for using the internet, social networking, playing a few games.... it could be faster in those aspects.

For a phone / tablet, it's more than fast enough for the next 2 years at least.