Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Default Re: Should I trade my iPhone 5 for the Galaxy Note 2?

I waited and waited to upgrade from my original galaxy fascinate. I think it all worked out for the best in the end.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by IdRatherDrum View Post
    When do you guys think the S4 will come out?
    My friend is hoping for around April so he can upgrade from his S3. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    But if you are always waiting for something better you will never get anything.
    I've been hearing this for over 20 years ... and it's still true!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

No I am planning on getting the Note 2 but the question is, is it worth waiting for the S4?

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

The Samsung galaxy note have a bigger screen than iPhone 5, you can enjoy more when you use this phone to watch movies, play games and so on.
    And the S Pen is also attractive. If i were you, I will switch from iPhone 5 to Note 2.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

No I am planning on getting the Note 2 but the question is, is it worth waiting for the S4?
    Or may be you can wait for the 6 inch samsung galaxy note3.

Default Should I trade my iPhone 5 for the Galaxy Note 2?

So you decide to wait for the S4, right? When that is released the rumors of the Note3 are flying, along with a new 5" quad core Razr Maxx HD, DNA2, etc. . . .

If you're ready for a new device now then go for it. In this crazy world of tech you simply cannot wait until the next rumored device is out and stay sane. The day after the iPhone 5 was released I saw stuff on the web about iPhone 5s. There are already leaked photos of it floating out there.

Since May of 2010 I have had the following (not in order): iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S (twice), Droid Charge, Galaxy S3, Droid Razr Maxx HD, iPad 2, iPad 3, and now the Note 2. I still have my last 4S and my iPad 3. So yes, I am stuck between the two platforms like a lot of others.

In the two days I have had the N2 I have been thoroughly impressed with the many features of the device. A few things that annoyed me on the GS3 seem to be gone, mainly BT issues and S-voice issues. The screen is too big and that's a good thing for me. I have already started getting used to it. It fits well in my hand while on a call and I can hold it in one hand comfortably while working with it. I have noticed that I have accidentally activated an app on the outside row due to the thin bezel when I am holding it. I think this will stop once I get my case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    So you decide to wait for the S4, right? When that is released the rumors of the Note3 are flying, along with a new 5" quad core Razr Maxx HD, DNA2, etc. . . .

If you're ready for a new device now then go for it. In this crazy world of tech you simply cannot wait until the next rumored device is out and stay sane. The day after the iPhone 5 was released I saw stuff on the web about iPhone 5s. There are already leaked photos of it floating out there.

Since May of 2010 I have had the following (not in order): iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S (twice), Droid Charge, Galaxy S3, Droid Razr Maxx HD, iPad 2, iPad 3, and now the Note 2. I still have my last 4S and my iPad 3. So yes, I am stuck between the two platforms like a lot of others.

In the two days I have had the N2 I have been thoroughly impressed with the many features of the device. A few things that annoyed me on the GS3 seem to be gone, mainly BT issues and S-voice issues. The screen is too big and that's a good thing for me. I have already started getting used to it. It fits well in my hand while on a call and I can hold it in one hand comfortably while working with it. I have noticed that I have accidentally activated an app on the outside row due to the thin bezel when I am holding it. I think this will stop once I get my case.

So you think I should pull the trigger on the galaxy note 2 now? I am not interested in the Note 3 as I think any bigger is too big.
    _X_

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts

Hi guys. I know there is another thread very similar to this one but I have different questions. So I have been interested in the Note 2
    $100 is pretty good price to get rid phone. Do it this is the best phone on the market today. There might be better in the future but this form factor is going to stay for some time. The Pen adds a dimension that really makes it a real productivity to it.
    I'm really digging my note so far I have no complaints it's a great phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Really? Pretty sure if you follow my posts around (and you have, I've seen it) then you'll know that your statement is false.
    Yeah I agree you have written some of the best and most informative post very technical yet easy to understand.... But beating your chest isn't winning you any points jk

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Johnly 
    Kevin O'Quinn and Johnly like this.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
    $100 is pretty good price to get rid phone. Do it this is the best phone on the market today. There might be better in the future but this form factor is going to stay for some time. The Pen adds a dimension that really makes it a real productivity to it.
    I'm really digging my note so far I have no complaints it's a great phone.

Yeah I agree you have written some of the best and most informative post very technical yet easy to understand.... But beating your chest isn't winning you any points jk

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    I think that's the first time I've ever done that. :-P

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

And I agree with what's been said. Pull the trigger now or you'll always be waiting for the next big thing.

Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

And I agree with what's been said. Pull the trigger now or you'll always be waiting for the next big thing.

Alright hopefully I won't regret switching to android.

Goo for it blindfolded!!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

haha, alright, I might get it tomorrow.
    DroidXcon likes this.

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

I wouldn't even hesitate. I bought an iPad 3 4g this summer and kept it for 6 weeks. I had to sell it because I just found iOS to be blah. Android has so much more capabilities. It really is the only system if you are looking for customization options. I tried out WP8 but it isn't to the point where I feel it is competitive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by rkeenan View Post
    I wouldn't even hesitate. I bought an iPad 3 4g this summer and kept it for 6 weeks. I had to sell it because I just found iOS to be blah. Android has so much more capabilities. It really is the only system if you are looking for customization options. I tried out WP8 but it isn't to the point where I feel it is competitive.

I am starting to feel similar about iOS, but what I use my phone for and what I use my tablet for are two different things. I use my iPad mini for work. Taking attendance and recording grades in Teacher Kit, using Pages and Keynote to do lessons and lesson plans. For those tasks I don't need customization, I need it to "just work" (sorry for throwing an Apple slogan in an Android forum). My phone, however is used for none of those, and I wish I could have more customization (hence my desire to get a Note 2). I need my tablet to "just work" and would like my phone to be "the next big thing."

My friend got a Nexus 7, however, and absolutely loves it so for him that's the better tablet.

To answer the original question: I too am looking to trade my iPhone 5 for a Note 2 so I say go for it. I'm as Apple as they come and I still drool at the sight of a Note 2.
    lpt2569 likes this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Quote Originally Posted by darknoni View Post
    I am starting to feel similar about iOS, but what I use my phone for and what I use my tablet for are two different things. I use my iPad mini for work. Taking attendance and recording grades in Teacher Kit, using Pages and Keynote to do lessons and lesson plans. For those tasks I don't need customization, I need it to "just work" (sorry for throwing an Apple slogan in an Android forum). My phone, however is used for none of those, and I wish I could have more customization (hence my desire to get a Note 2). I need my tablet to "just work" and would like my phone to be "the next big thing."

My friend got a Nexus 7, however, and absolutely loves it so for him that's the better tablet.

To answer the original question: I too am looking to trade my iPhone 5 for a Note 2 so I say go for it. I'm as Apple as they come and I still drool at the sight of a Note 2.
    I am going to the mall right now to check it out.
    DroidXcon and lpt2569 like this.

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

Quote Originally Posted by darknoni View Post

I use my tablet to access my online classes. This could not be accomplished on the iPad. My tablet is strictly for school and reading. It only did one of those tasks efficiently.

So you think I should pull the trigger on the galaxy note 2 now? I am not interested in the Note 3 as I think any bigger is too big.
    Go for it!!!

Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

Global Posts
    10,408 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

And they contradict each other....just sayin....we had just as many rumors with the S3, and guess what? Most were wrong.

Really? Pretty sure if you follow my posts around (and you have, I've seen it) then you'll know that your statement is false.

That being said, DroidXcon is awesome.
    Just razzing ya lol. Shoulda put sarcastic face in there. You all do pretty decent, some better than others, but overall, this site is really awesome, and the mods, advisors, and users make it so, along with a great staff. Okay, enough cheeze.....back to normal!
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Well I didn't win the Note 2 from the Samsung place at my mall so looks like I'm just going to buy it.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Well I didn't win the Note 2 from the Samsung place at my mall so looks like I'm just going to buy it.
    Go to best buy they might be able to price match the amazon.com price

Quote Originally Posted by rkeenan View Post
    I use my tablet to access my online classes. This could not be accomplished on the iPad. My tablet is strictly for school and reading. It only did one of those tasks efficiently.

Good point. I can't access my online classes from my iPad. I use my MacBook for that though. Does your online class use Blackboard Learn?

I just looked at the antutu benches and the note 2 is at the top of the heap for overall processing power, is there any synthetic benchmarks that are on both the app and play stores?

Sent From My Note 2 Via Tapatalk
    Last edited by typinghairyape; 12-15-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast