Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    476 Global Posts

Default Problem with Getting Playlists to Sync between Play Music App and Online site

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I couldn't find a forum that I thought was appropriate.

I have uploaded a bunch of playlists from my computer to the Google Cloud. It took about a day. Now, when I go to the Play Music app on my Note, I can see all of the songs I uploaded, I can see all of the albums, and I can even see all the playlists, but when I go into any playlist, it is either empty, or it just contains a couple of songs. If I go to the web site and create a new playlist and add songs to it, it shows up correctly on the phone with the songs in it. If I add songs to an existing playlist, they show up on the phone in the playlist as well. If I rename a playlist on the web site, it gets renamed on the phone, but it reamins empty.

So, syncing between my account and the phone is working, but I can't seem to get the phone to recognize that the existing playlists do not contain the correct lists of songs. I think what is happening is that it synced the playlists before the songs had been uploaded, and now it thinks all the playlists are up to date.

I have tried menu->Music Settings->Refresh and that didn't do anything. I have rebooted the phone and that didn't do anything.

Is there any way to delete the local play music storage and force the phone to do a full re-sync?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    476 Global Posts

Default Re: Problem with Getting Playlists to Sync between Play Music App and Online site

Well, as soon as I posted this, I figured it out. In case anyone else is having this problem, just go to:

Settings->Application Manager->Downloaded->Google Play Music->Clear Data

Then everything re-syncs the next time you start the app.