Removing my Google account from JUST Gmail?

Boba7523

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to sign out of my Gmail account in just the Gmail app? I have a 3rd party mail app and it's annoying when both apps show the same e-mail notifications.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Settings/accounts/google/youraccountname/uncheck sync Gmail

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

If you do that you will lose sync with all Google activities. It is better to disable notifications in the Gmail app. Long press on the account in the gmail app and change the setting to disable notifications.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mweuch

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
If you do that you will lose sync with all Google activities. It is better to disable notifications in the Gmail app. Long press on the account in the gmail app and change the setting to disable notifications.

As far as I can tell, the only thing you will loose is not receiving Gmail emails. The rest of Google services are still syncing unless you unchecked them/un syncing them as well.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site

My Google calendar stopped syncing when I tried it, which is why I suggested disabling notifications. Some may to use G calendar, but for those that do they need to know.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

You are wrong and need to read more carefully. You click on your account name and you have a whole boatload of choices to sync or not sync including picasa, Google +, music, instant upload, drive, etc. Ive done it myself. The screenie below scrolls down further.

padyzame.jpg

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
You are wrong and need to read more carefully. You click on your account name and you have a whole boatload of choices to sync or not sync including picasa, Google +, music, instant upload, drive, etc. Ive done it myself. The screenie below scrolls down further.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/16/padyzame.jpg

I stand corrected. I missed tapping on the account itself. Thanks.