How to hide a picture folder on note 2?

executiveg

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I Know of the APP photo locker and on my Old phone I would just put a period in the folder name but that doesnt work.

Anyon Know how to do this without using a app to hide a folder?

Sent from my Verizon Note 2.SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums .

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Using a period "." before the folder does work. But don't do it in the Gallery app. Download a file manager like ES File Explorer and enable in the settings Show Hidden Files.

Then find your folder and rename it. Put the period in the beginning and done. That should be all it takes.

executiveg

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Using a period "." before the folder does work. But don't do it in the Gallery app. Download a file manager like ES File Explorer and enable in the settings Show Hidden Files.

Then find your folder and rename it. Put the period in the beginning and done. That should be all it takes.

Thanks for your help.
I just did it in astro file explorer.
I put the period. And it hide in the explorer but not in the gallery.
Check the pic out

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355528057527.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355528057527.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 296

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I Know of the APP photo locker and on my Old phone I would just put a period in the folder name but that doesnt work.

Anyon Know how to do this without using a app to hide a folder?

This isn't exactly what you're asking for and I know you didn't want an app, but the HIDE IT PRO app is amazing and ingenious at hiding those files. It doesn't hide the folder, but the way it hides the pictures is pretty cool. I highly recommend it.

executiveg

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
This isn't exactly what you're asking for and I know you didn't want an app, but the HIDE IT PRO app is amazing and ingenious at hiding those files. It doesn't hide the folder, but the way it hides the pictures is pretty cool. I highly recommend it.

Thanks Iam willing to try it.
Will it still put pictures in that folder after I hide the folder?

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Iam willing to try it.
Will it still put pictures in that folder after I hide the folder?

You don't actually hide the folder. You go into this app (and how it does that is pretty cool/sneaky...I'll let you read about that.)

1. Once you're in the app, select "Pictures" or "Videos". (You can even hide audio files and apps.)
  2. Click, say, "Pictures". This takes you to your existing folders of hidden images. These are folders within the app, not the folders on your device and sdcard.
  3. Click the folder where you want to hide more pictures (or create a new folder), tap the "+" sign in the top corner, and then it will take you to a page with all the photos on your device.
  4. Now just tap the picture(s) you want to hide and select "Hide Selected Files". Done.

When you go back to the original folder on your sdcard or device, you won't see those pictures. It's pretty easy and the installation and help files explain it pretty well.

moralcode

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Why even bother with a third party file manager? I just put the period before the file name then it hides it. Open your file manager that came with your phone and then you can hide / unhide the folder

Sent from my Note II on steroids

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I've never liked the "." method as it tricks the average person looking quickly at your phone, but remains easily accessible to people who know that trick.
I like PhotoVault as it hides them from all Apps but QuickPic only hides them from some.

Easy way to check is:
-Install QuickPic
-Hide a folder with pics
-Open Gallery & observe they're hidden
-Open Dropbox--> Upload here--> Other files & observe you can locate the folder & pics

Repeat using PhotoVault instead of QuickPic & observe Gallery, Dropbox & every other App (that I've tried) won't find the hidden content (File explorer Apps like 'Astro' will find the folder but the content will remain hidden).

There's also 'VideoVault' for videos & 'MediaVault' for both.

Here's a link to 'MediaVault'--> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=pssinc.MediaVault&token=E5xt8Dq1

Last edited:

Sher Win

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Can somebody help me

if you hide your images/folders/videos from gallery in samsung note 3 is there any chances that when you connect your phone in your computer the files you've hidden can be seen? I was so worried because some of my private files are in there.

daehttub

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I use keepsafe. It is very handy for hiding pics of my credit/debit cards, d/l, passport, insurance cards, etc. that I use for backup. I have not been able to find the pics hidden in it. It has easy PIN type access.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11