Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: I am addicted to the S-pen!

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    I have mine enabled, but I haven't got it to work. How far away do you have to be before it "kicks in?"
    Just enabled it to test because of your question and managed to move my phone about three feet from the pen when the alert happened,

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jennings Richmond View Post
    Just enabled it to test because of your question and managed to move my phone about three feet from the pen when the alert happened,

Thanks for testing...mine is on, but does not seem to alert me. When you move your phone away, does it matter, what screen is showing, or is it dark?
    Cory
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Thanks for testing...mine is on, but does not seem to alert me. When you move your phone away, does it matter, what screen is showing, or is it dark?
    My screen was off. Can't say I know that it matters though.

DAS

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts

It should not matter which screen showing. However, it's best to keep the alert enabled. You never know when you are going to need it. The distance when the phone alerts me seems to vary from one instance to another, but it's pretty consistent that it will alert me.

The fact that it recognizes cursive is awesome!!

I'm just curious...how do you guys hold the S pen when using it? I tried drawing with it but I find it really hard having my hand off the phone and keeping my hand stable. The same goes with texting. Do you guys have trouble getting your hand stable?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,725 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaGhost View Post
    I'm just curious...how do you guys hold the S pen when using it? I tried drawing with it but I find it really hard having my hand off the phone and keeping my hand stable. The same goes with texting. Do you guys have trouble getting your hand stable?
    Just turn off that function on the bottom of the screen. Then you can rest your hand on the screen and write away! I said write! We are so spoiled. Only the s pen will be recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    Just turn off that function on the bottom of the screen. Then you can rest your hand on the screen and write away! I said write! We are so spoiled. Only the s pen will be recognized.
    I meant..there's only so much room to rest your palm on the phone till you gotta leave your hand off the write on it. None the less I love my GN2 no doubt...just wondering how you guys feel about it?

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

l write in cursive all the time with the S Pen it is amazing what it recognizes. l wrote this message with it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    It should not matter which screen showing. However, it's best to keep the alert enabled. You never know when you are going to need it. The distance when the phone alerts me seems to vary from one instance to another, but it's pretty consistent that it will alert me.
    The alert will only sound if your screen is off. If your screen is on, it would assume that you are still using the s-pen while walking. The alert doesn't really detect distance between s-pen and phone. All it does is count how many steps you took with the device's screen off AND the s-pen is not inside the socket. You can even hold both device and the s-pen with you and walk (or just move the phone up and down about 30 times) and the alert will ring if your pen is not inside the socket.
    Thanked by:
    DAS 
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,725 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaGhost View Post
    I meant..there's only so much room to rest your palm on the phone till you gotta leave your hand off the write on it. None the less I love my GN2 no doubt...just wondering how you guys feel about it?
    Oh, okay. Gotcha. I think there is a adaptive period, and it may vary for some; however, because I have the pen on the screen always, I have adjusted quite fast. Not finding it cumbersome after a small adaptive phase.

If you think snote is good for doodling...... try out sketchbook pro. It's fantastic. So many bushes and effects, you can pretty much draw anything you would ever want!

My daughter broke my S pen today. I was so upset. But I was able to order another one from the Sprint store for $30. To be honest, I thought it was going to cost more.

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

If I could afford a note 2. I would use the s pen for everything. I was supposed to get the Note 2 but I've had to help my parents out, things are not that good for them right now. But maybe next year will be better

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,725 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Onemoa View Post
    If I could afford a note 2. I would use the s pen for everything. I was supposed to get the Note 2 but I've had to help my parents out, things are not that good for them right now. But maybe next year will be better

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    No phone can replace being there for your t
    folks. Sounds like you made a winning call.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

For the space, you can draw an underscore after you type a word and it'll do the space. Like "SPEN" wait until it disappears then draw underscore.

Or, you can type like this "Spen is cool" write all the words with a lot of space in between and it will know that those are multiple words, not one.

The problem with the underscore is when you actually want to do an underscore it does a space. It's not too great on some of the symbols.

another issue I have with it is sometimes it is confused with uppercase and lowercase letters.

I have the uppercase and lower case problem as well. Plus my seidio active puts a dead spot on the handwriting keyboard area at the bottom of the screen (not in the middle or top where snote pops up). Sometimes I'm too busy to want to pull the kickstand out etc. Last day or so i've been "swyping" my texts and emails with the spen, but still using it for notes/cut sections from emails etc.

Has anyone figured out how to do emoticons with the handwriting keyboard? That was driving me buggy trying to figure out. It had a hard time recognizing a : too.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12