I am addicted to the S-pen!

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The handwriting recognition can take a little work, but it too can learn and adapt like any other predictive text dictionary.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

No, seriously...it looks like I'm having a seizure during any handwriting event. I don't think any recognition software in the world can do anything with it. Hell, I can't read it myself immediately after writing it.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have been using it quite a bit. Love customizing messages with hand written notes on top of pictures. It is a nice personal touch. I even love just using it for normal functions, keeping my screen free from finger prints. I learn something new every time I use it, and learn as I go. I write fast cursive, and when I adjust the size of the tip to ultra fine, it is like wrirting on paper. I could so take notes in class this way. Thinking I may require one on every device here on out, unless it is a nexus, that is the only device I excuse lol.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Like you, I have discovered that the power of this phone is the s-pen. In fact, I can guarantee that I'll never buy another phone unless it has a pen attached. I use mine everyday, and the more I use it the more uses I find for it.

Do you have S-keeper enabled? It has saved me countless times when I have walked off without the pen by alerting me that I forgot to put the pen back in the holder.

I have mine enabled, but I haven't got it to work. How far away do you have to be before it "kicks in?"

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Just enabled it to test because of your question and managed to move my phone about three feet from the pen when the alert happened,

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for testing...mine is on, but does not seem to alert me. When you move your phone away, does it matter, what screen is showing, or is it dark?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for testing...mine is on, but does not seem to alert me. When you move your phone away, does it matter, what screen is showing, or is it dark?

It should not matter which screen showing. However, it's best to keep the alert enabled. You never know when you are going to need it. The distance when the phone alerts me seems to vary from one instance to another, but it's pretty consistent that it will alert me.

ImmaGhost

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm just curious...how do you guys hold the S pen when using it? I tried drawing with it but I find it really hard having my hand off the phone and keeping my hand stable. The same goes with texting. Do you guys have trouble getting your hand stable?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm just curious...how do you guys hold the S pen when using it? I tried drawing with it but I find it really hard having my hand off the phone and keeping my hand stable. The same goes with texting. Do you guys have trouble getting your hand stable?
Just turn off that function on the bottom of the screen. Then you can rest your hand on the screen and write away! I said write! We are so spoiled. Only the s pen will be recognized.

ImmaGhost

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Just turn off that function on the bottom of the screen. Then you can rest your hand on the screen and write away! I said write! We are so spoiled. Only the s pen will be recognized.

I meant..there's only so much room to rest your palm on the phone till you gotta leave your hand off the write on it. None the less I love my GN2 no doubt...just wondering how you guys feel about it?

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
l write in cursive all the time with the S Pen it is amazing what it recognizes. l wrote this message with it :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It should not matter which screen showing. However, it's best to keep the alert enabled. You never know when you are going to need it. The distance when the phone alerts me seems to vary from one instance to another, but it's pretty consistent that it will alert me.

The alert will only sound if your screen is off. If your screen is on, it would assume that you are still using the s-pen while walking. The alert doesn't really detect distance between s-pen and phone. All it does is count how many steps you took with the device's screen off AND the s-pen is not inside the socket. You can even hold both device and the s-pen with you and walk (or just move the phone up and down about 30 times) and the alert will ring if your pen is not inside the socket.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I meant..there's only so much room to rest your palm on the phone till you gotta leave your hand off the write on it. None the less I love my GN2 no doubt...just wondering how you guys feel about it?

Oh, okay. Gotcha. I think there is a adaptive period, and it may vary for some; however, because I have the pen on the screen always, I have adjusted quite fast. Not finding it cumbersome after a small adaptive phase.

keyan333

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
If you think snote is good for doodling...... try out sketchbook pro. It's fantastic. So many bushes and effects, you can pretty much draw anything you would ever want!

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
My daughter broke my S pen today. I was so upset. But I was able to order another one from the Sprint store for $30. To be honest, I thought it was going to cost more.

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
If I could afford a note 2. I would use the s pen for everything. I was supposed to get the Note 2 but I've had to help my parents out, things are not that good for them right now. But maybe next year will be better :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If I could afford a note 2. I would use the s pen for everything. I was supposed to get the Note 2 but I've had to help my parents out, things are not that good for them right now. But maybe next year will be better :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
No phone can replace being there for your t
folks. Sounds like you made a winning call.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user