Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lucidmike
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Official Android 4.1.2 Video Review And Features List for Galaxy Note 2 (SHV-E250L)

Android 4.1.2 New Features for Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    1. Camera feature: Hold Volume to focus, release to take photo
    2. Video feature: Press Volume to start recording, press again to toggle flash.
    3. 480p Flash Video Works (if you have latest Flash Player 11.1.115.34 Installed)
    4. New Samsung Keyboard Feature: Cursor Control, Continuous Input (If you didn't already have it)
    5. Customized Notification Toggle Icons
    6. New Notification Toggles: AllShare Cast, Smart Stay, S Bean, Driving Mode, Blocking Mode
    7. Brightness slider can now be disabled, but who would do this?
    8. Browser rendering improvements (3 examples, please confirm with 4.1.1)
    9. Ink Effect with S Pen on Swipe lockscreen, and customizable ink colors.
    10. Some devices may experience maximum brightness boost (Up to 400% of previous level)

Video Review
    Thanked by 4:
    mrxblue likes this.

Default Re: Official Android 4.1.2 Video Review And Features List for Galaxy Note 2 (SHV-E250L)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidmike View Post
    Android 4.1.2 New Features for Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    1. Camera feature: Hold Volume to focus, release to take photo
    2. Video feature: Press Volume to start recording, press again to toggle flash.
    3. 480p Flash Video Works (if you have latest Flash Player 11.1.115.34 Installed)
    4. New Samsung Keyboard Feature: Cursor Control, Continuous Input (If you didn't already have it)
    5. Customized Notification Toggle Icons
    6. New Notification Toggles: AllShare Cast, Smart Stay, S Bean, Driving Mode, Blocking Mode
    7. Brightness slider can now be disabled, but who would do this?
    8. Browser rendering improvements (3 examples, please confirm with 4.1.1)
    9. Ink Effect with S Pen on Swipe lockscreen, and customizable ink colors.
    10. Some devices may experience maximum brightness boost (Up to 400% of previous level)

Video Review
    Hey question for you about #3. When you say it works now, are you referring to the garbled/corrupted video feed we get at this resolution? I haven't confirmed it to be a 480p problem, but I have noticed it from time to time on Youtube. Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to the update.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Official Android 4.1.2 Video Review And Features List for Galaxy Note 2 (SHV-E250L)

Yes. 480p gets those diagonal lines across the screen and you can't make out the picture. I used to get it all the time on 480p and 240p. That problem has disappeared completely for me.

Why can't the s3 get all this? They are practically the same device except one has a bigger screen and has an s pen

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Great information and just what I was looking for. Now just waiting for the OTA in Taipei.

Sent from my GT-N7100

One of the things that I was hoping for was the ability to customize the S-pen app tray apps or the suggested apps in the task bar.

BTW, thanks again for putting this list together.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

Good info. My international still doesn't see 4.1.2 via OTA or KIES so I don't know. I like the customizable toggles and browser improvements.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Number 9 already happens. Unless the customizable part is the new thing. I discovered it by accident, nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by geocab View Post
    Number 9 already happens. Unless the customizable part is the new thing. I discovered it by accident, nice touch.
    It did on mine until I picked a Gallery image as my lock screen wallpaper (ie. not using the Samsung set). So maybe the update has an additional abstraction layer and works with all wallpapers or addresses whatever bug I encountered.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    Hey question for you about #3. When you say it works now, are you referring to the garbled/corrupted video feed we get at this resolution? I haven't confirmed it to be a 480p problem, but I have noticed it from time to time on Youtube. Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to the update.
    LucidMike,

I noticed that in your YouTube video, that you had gmail account running in the stock email app. When i tried to do that, the stock email deferred gmail accounts to use the Google gmail app.

Any insight on how you got the gmail account to load in the stock email?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

Quote Originally Posted by mrxblue View Post
    LucidMike,

I noticed that in your YouTube video, that you had gmail account running in the stock email app. When i tried to do that, the stock email deferred gmail accounts to use the Google gmail app.

Any insight on how you got the gmail account to load in the stock email?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

I found out my own answer. In stock email, go to corporate, then add your gmail address, then manual setup. It pretty much sets itself up.