Facebook update on N2 stinks

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one having a horrible time with the fb update? Is it the note2, is it JB, or is ot that facebook cant write a decent app ?

It worked well briefly but I get "network error" so often it is just a joke now.

Frustrated!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Working great on mine. I would try stopping the app, then deleting the cache and reinstalling. See if that works?

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Wow any idea why mine is so awful? Was fine until the update. Even on wifi it's horrid. I completely uninstalled the app.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow any idea why mine is so awful? Was fine until the update. Even on wifi it's horrid. I completely uninstalled the app.

I'm not sure why you would be having the difficulty with it on your phone. For me, this has been the best release of the app yet. Up until this release, I considered the FB app on Android to be one of the worst in the system.

Do you have a virus scanner on your device that might be interfering with the latest app?

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Ive been slowly uninstalling apps. I also tried loading FB via my browser and it is equally slow and un responsive. Any thoughts on what is causing that?? I have good signal. Other info loads fast. ( for instance this forum loads super fast)

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I thought I should post what I found. It started with firefox. Looks like when I tried to log in to fb using the firefox browser it set off an issue in Facebook.

I dumped firefox and reinstalled the fb app. I went in to my browser settings and deleted the cache, cookies, the history, etc.

Then I signed in to fb and went to my settings and security.

I deleted all sessions of fb that were listed except the current session I had initiated.

Then I went in to recognized devices and deleted them all but home and the messenger app. It had multiple versions for my phone.

This seems to have fixed the issue. Maybe if someone has this issue in the future this post will help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My issue is with replying to comments on any of my status...whenever I open a status from the notifications it will show "error posting comment" and deleting whatever I had written...but if I go into my profile, search for said status and open it from there then the comment goes through just fine... anyone else experiencing this?

boudizz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I've started to experience the exact same thing today, error posting comment, and it's only when open the thread from the notification section. I still can post comments but I have to do that from the profile page !!

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Lol. It's FB.... The FB app is awful. Every update causes a new problem with certain phones

sent from Galaxy Note 2

ReginaLiz

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm finding that it often shows old posts from days ago while not showing the newer stuff that shows on my news feed when I go to my computer. Not always but often - very inconsistent. However, I'm not having any of the functional issues that others seem to be having.

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the connection problem too I finally stuck a web shortcut on my desktop and access it that way.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois