Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

[edited by moderator]

Quote Originally Posted by Angry_American View Post
    I never stated the note 2 would not have car mode, however in the future Samsung has decided to get rid of car mode. Whether thats for future devices or for future updates on existing devices I have no idea. That being said, ibolt stated earlier in this thread that because Samsung was getting rid of car mode that they would not be implementing it on the dock and instead would use dock mode.
    I admit, I missed this statement in an earlier post by the iBolt representative:
    Quote Originally Posted by MikaelPe View Post
    Since Samsung have dropped support for the dedicated car-mode we are switching and using the "SmartDock mode" (as Samsung calls it) instead. Essentially the same but the default screen works differently.
    But the way I read your original post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_American View Post
    As per a previous post the dock will not do car mode as Samsung is discontinuing this feature.
    and since I didn't recall the earlier MikaelPe post quoted above, I thought you were saying here that Samsung completely removed a dock feature, which I knew wasn't true. I do see in your above reply to my post, you do state "and instead would use dock mode", but your original reply about Samsung removing car mode did not include that qualifier (and as I said, I didn't remember the original MikaelPe post).

Also, I simply got confused between the terminology of true "car mode" and the "SmartDock mode". I just knew there was still some sort of dock mode. (I'm still not sure what the difference is. MikaelPe's post even says "Essentially the same..."

So yes, now I see that my comments about what happened with the S III firmware and any thought about that being related to the Note 2 probably have no bearing.

That said, I had GUESSED (I may or may not be correct) that your earlier reply about Samsung removing car mode was in reply to this person's earlier post:
    Quote Originally Posted by RLLangley View Post
    My phone does the dock tone but it just stays on the home screen. I hope this is just me not having a setting checked but that should also be part of the instructions if true.
    As I read this person's post, I interpret this (purely my opinion) to mean that his phone did nothing at all (beyond the beep tone) when he plugged the cable into it. If that's the case, then it's not because of Samsung dropping the car mode. There's still some sort of dock mode (regardless of what it's called) that the phone is supposed to go into when the charging arm cable is plugged into the phone.

It may be due to several other reasons.

I see someone did post with a screen shot of the phone setting to enable dock mode.

I also wanted point out the possibility that he maybe did have a defective dock unit, since it was not unheard of with the gen 1 S III dock.

And I didn't want RLLangley to misinterpret the comment about Samsung removing car mode and think that perhaps his phone is not capable of any type of dock mode, based on my interpretation of his question that his phone did nothing at all when plugged in to the dock. It still has a dock mode that the phone should switch into. (That goes back to my terminology comment above. I apologize that I confused "car mode" with the new "SmartDock mode".)

Again, I apologize if any of this comes across as an inusult to anyone. That is not my intention.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-12-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    hushpup13129 likes this.

4. Automatically triggering car-mode. The microUSB arm starts the HTC driving app (see pictures) but on Google Play there's several good apps, including CarHome Ultra, that can be used as a replacement "default" car-home screen. So this is supposed to automatically open an app when plugged in?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre130 View Post
    4. Automatically triggering car-mode. The microUSB arm starts the HTC driving app (see pictures) but on Google Play there's several good apps, including CarHome Ultra, that can be used as a replacement "default" car-home screen. So this is supposed to automatically open an app when plugged in?
    If you setup dock mode it will. Or you can use NFC stickers to trigger the events as well.

Global Posts
    11,772 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Let's keep the discussion civil. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

I am having an issue getting mine into Smartdock mode when connecting the charging arm. I have checked the box in Settings -> accessories, but it will not start Smartdock. Is there anything I might be missing? I am on Verizon.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    I am having an issue getting mine into Smartdock mode when connecting the charging arm. I have checked the box in Settings -> accessories, but it will not start Smartdock. Is there anything I might be missing? I am on Verizon.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    I'm having the same problem... I'm on Sprint.

Sent from the Massive Galaxy Note 2

I'm also on sprint and it goes right to smart dock mode as soon as I plug in.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.

So it doesn't seem to be carrier specific. Hopefully someone knows a fix.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:

I got a phone call from iBolt today to help me with the problem with my dock. It was determined that they shipped the wrong charging arm. The right one should be labeled SAM on the little sticker.

I must say I was impressed at getting a phone call and quick resolution. Thanks Kim at iBolt.

Current Devices:

I got a phone call from iBolt today to help me with the problem with my dock. It was determined that they shipped the wrong charging arm. The right one should be labeled SAM on the little sticker.

I must say I was impressed at getting a phone call and quick resolution. Thanks Kim at iBolt.

They are good. I have been talking to them for 4 days now about a bike charger with the same dock. They think it's a great idea.

love my evo.

Mine is labeled UNS. This may explain why it doesn't work.

Same here UNS guess I will be calling as well

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Mine is labeled UNS. This may explain why it doesn't work.

I sent an email on Friday night and got the call this afternoon. Give them a shout.

Current Devices:

Wow talk about easy I called spoke to Kim she said she would send the correct cable out and apologized for the mix up. No voicemail or automated phone system and someone who spoke English :thumbup::thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Ed270 View Post
    Wow talk about easy I called spoke to Kim she said she would send the correct cable out and apologized for the mix up. No voicemail or automated phone system and someone who spoke English :thumbup::thumbup:

Kim is who I have been emailing back and forth for a week now. Always quick response. Outstanding customer service.

love my evo.
    Ed270 likes this.

I have no doubt that when iBolt offered the dock for pre-release back in December they didn't realize there would be a problem with the charging arm and cable that were and are on back order. Between the option of the free charger, the extra shipping costs associated with multiple shipments and now sending out a replacement charging arm, iBolt probably isn't making much money, if any on this item. I must say that with all of that in mind they are really working to do the right things for their customers and it has certainly made me feel good about buying from them. I will do my part to spread the good word on their customer service. The fact that the dock is actually well built and seems to be of high quality is a real bonus!
    Current Devices:
    vr002sh and Ed270 like this.

so let me get this straight....

if I place an order for this dock on Amazon.com, iBolt will ship me one that will automatically trigger dock mode on my VZW Samsung Galaxy Note 2?

Quote Originally Posted by threepackape View Post
    so let me get this straight....

if I place an order for this dock on Amazon.com, iBolt will ship me one that will automatically trigger dock mode on my VZW Samsung Galaxy Note 2?
    It should, yes. Unless they send you the wrong charging arm like they apparently did to the couple of posters above. But it appears even they are getting the situation resolved with iBolt.

So I just noticed on Amazon.com that the description of the item is back to having the "(9ft USB/aux-out cable ships later)" instead of the just plain 10 ft USB charging only cable. So I went ahead and TRIED to order.

BUT, when I try to check out, I get a message that they can't ship to my address. Why the heck would that be? I know in Amazon, certain items (like weapons and such) can't be shipped to certain states or cities, but why would there be anything about this item that's restircted? And I'm in Iowa. I'm not aware of any shipping restrictions here on anything. I've ordered many items from Amazon over the years (even just recently) and never been told that something couldn't be shipped to my address.

I'm thinking because somehow That's the wrong ad. It should not be with that original cable. Some sort of glitch there. They will not be selling with that cable any more,, will have to be purchased separately . that info came Right from kim.. I still have the email if you want to see it. Makes sense to me that somehow you have the wrong information now and the order won't go through.

love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I'm thinking because somehow That's the wrong ad. It should not be with that original cable. Some sort of glitch there. They will not be selling with that cable any more,, will have to be purchased separately . that info came Right from kim.. I still have the email if you want to see it. Makes sense to me that somehow you have the wrong information now and the order won't go through.

so they're not selling it with that USB/aux-out cable? if so, what kind of cable will I be getting? (for my Galaxy Nexus 2)

what's the correct page on Amazon to place the order?

this thread has become really confuse and I do not understand why the OP doesn't come back and clarify things?
    I assume OP is the vendor/manufacturer of this iBolt dock? If so, why has he abandoned this thread? (no post
    for more than a month a half) If that's how the company treats customers, I guess people should NOT be buying
    this product.

thanks for your help!
    Last edited by threepackape; 02-19-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by threepackape View Post
    so they're not selling it with that USB/aux-out cable? if so, what kind of cable will I be getting? (for my Galaxy Nexus 2)

what's the correct page on Amazon to place the order?

this thread has become really confuse and I do not understand why the OP doesn't come back and clarify things?
    I assume OP is the vendor/manufacturer of this iBolt dock? If so, why has he abandoned this thread? (no post
    for more than a month a half) If that's how the company treats customers, I guess people should NOT be buying
    this product.

thanks for your help!
    Back to my earlier post that zmann was replying to, to which the above quoted reply was in reply to, I found a "Contact the seller" link on Amazon and sent them a note about the not shipping to my address. iBolt replied already and said there must be some glitch on Amazon because they are getting tons of messages from other people attempting to buy it today too. They suggest waiting and trying tomorrow.

Regarding the cable, originally the XProDoc was supposed to sell with the 9 ft combo USB charging/aux-out audio cable. That's how it was originally sold both on Amazon and Android Central. But then they had the shipping delay because iBolt couldn't get this cable from their vendor to ship with the dock. So initially they started shipping the dock to people who had bought it on Amazon withOUT any cables with a note that they would ship the cables later (in March). Then a few weeks ago, the item on Amazon was updated to indicate that it would ship with a 10 ft USB charging only cable, with the idea that the combo USB charging/aux-out cable would be available for separate purchase later (again, in March).

I had suggested in a previous post that I was going to wait until they went back to including the combo cable with the dock until I would order (thinking that once they received sufficient quantities of the combo cable from their vendor that they would resume selling it with the combo cable). Zmann replied, as he did again to my post earlier today, that he had already been told by Kim at iBolt that they will NEVER resume selling the combo cable WITH the unit. They will only continue to sell it with the 10 ft USB charging only cable and we'll always have to buy the combo cable separately.

However, when I searched Amazon.com again tonight, I end up with this item: Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Kit for Samsung (9ft USB/aux-out cable ships later): Cell Phones & Accessories, which is back to showing that it includes the 9 ft. combo cable, but it won't let me order it because it says they can't ship to my destination. So maybe zmann is right in that maybe Amazon got their pages mixed up and is for some reason showing an older and now invalid item listing. I hope not, but maybe.

So if what I see currently is a mistake and it goes back to the most recent correct item listing before this one, and you order that, then you will get the 10 ft USB charging only cable, not the 9 ft USB/Aux-out combo cable.

With all of that said, I've said before, but will say again, if they are not going to return to selling it with the combo cable, and keep selling it with the USB only cable, that really sucks. I WANT the combo cable, but now becuase of THEIR inability to get the combo cable from their vendor, we will now be forced to pay more (by having to buy the combo cable separately later) to get the exact same thing that it was originally priced for. And I'll have an extra throw-away 10 ft USB cable that I don't want. And I can't imagine the USB only cable cost them as much as the combo cable, so if the pricing was set originally with the combo cable and now their including a cheaper inferior cable, I really feel ripped off (if I were to go ahead and order it under the current situation).

If they really don't want to go back to selling it with the combo cable, then I'd prefer they just sell it withOUT ANY long cable (just the charging arm cable of course), AND drop the price by $5. THEN I'd be comfortable buying the combo USB charing/aux-out cable separately when it's available.

And on to your comments about the OP of this thread, I totally agree. He was very active in this thread initially UNTIL the shipping delays happened and then nothing for over a month now. I know he probably doesn't want to get hammered and I wouldn't expect him to respond to every question on this thread, but an occasional posting with an explanation and update on the situation would be helpful. Although many people have posted that they've had good customer service with iBolt directly, the fact that the OP of this thread has totally abandoned this thread when the going got tough still makes me have a bit of a concern about purchasing from them. But there's been soooo many comments from other users about how great the dock is that I will probably end up buying it despite this concern. (That is, IF they fix the pricing with no longer shipping the combo cable with the dock, or go back to shipping the combo cable with the dock once they have sufficient quantity.)

Quote Originally Posted by clh42 View Post
    Back to my earlier post that zmann was replying to, to which the above quoted reply was in reply to, I found a "Contact the seller" link on Amazon and sent them a note about the not shipping to my address. iBolt replied already and said there must be some glitch on Amazon because they are getting tons of messages from other people attempting to buy it today too. They suggest waiting and trying tomorrow.
    Thanks! Your reply really cleared things up for me.

The car home ultra app that I use with the dock had a update this morning and the music player buttons in the app now work with the stock music player on the note 2. Was very happy with that. I know there were a few people looking for a music player that worked with these controls in this app.

love my evo.
    Thanked by:
    Ed270 
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast