Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 13141516
Results 376 to 393 of 393
Like Tree34Likes
  1. #376  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Received mine today,, not liking the new arm. Seems to short. Very hard getting arm in proper position its a tad to short in my opinion. Saved the old arm just in case. The arm connectors barely fit into the holes in the dock. Love the cord even though I now have bluetooth stereo in the car .

    Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    Last edited by zmann; 04-30-2013 at 04:28 AM.
    love my evo.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #377  
    MikaelPe's Avatar

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Zmann, the new slightly shorter cable is designed stay a bit more firmly in place, although initially it's a bit of a "wrestling" to bend it into shape. We also added some other technical things to make it better for sound quality. We will also share this "how to" video with everyone that bought the xPro and are now getting the replacement cable. Painfully slow but detailed...:-)
    Thanked by:
  3. #378  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Received mine today,, not liking the new arm. Seems to short. Very hard getting arm in proper position its a tad to short in my opinion. Saved the old arm just in case. The arm connectors barely fit into the holes in the dock. Love the cord even though I now have bluetooth stereo in the car .
    Got mine earlier this week too. I really like it. I had no problem removing the old arm and cable and inserting the new ones in the dock. Zmann, I think the new arm is better. I did have to use two hands to bend it into shape and the position I wanted, but now it's easier to insert into the phone because it stays put when the phone is removed, vs. the old arm drooping down more.

    I like not having to have a 2nd separate cable for music audio. Though I will say the audio level out of the aux port seems to be lower than the headphone jack. It have to turn the volume on my car stereo up much more than I did with a separate cable just plugged into the headphone jack on the phone. I'm guessing this is a phone thing though, and not the cable itself.

    I am, unfortunately having a bit of a noise issue with the new cable. It's not a hum or buzz like I know some people had reported with the original SIII dock and cable. This is more like a static sound, like a loose connector, or maybe broken cord. If I move the cable around a bit, it'll stop, but I let go of the cable and starts again (again seemingly pointing to a loose connector or broken cord). I need to look at it closer to try to pin down if it's the connect, cord, and even if it's the main cord, or the arm.

    One thing I am pleasantly surprised by with the new cord is that my phone will actually charge with it. With the old USB charge only cable the car charger would keep the phone battery from further draining while plugged into the dock's cable, but would not actual gain charge. Using the new cable, it will actually gain charge (using the exact same charger). It'll charge 3 to 4 percent in about 15 or 20 minutes, with it running full tilt with playing music, Google Navigation, and the screen configured to stay on permanently. So yay for that!
    zmann and jvbaseball like this.
  4. #379  
    vr002sh's Avatar

    Posts
    266 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    my cable came yesterday too. I like the new arm. No static sound (my SIII had it) but the 3.5mm jack seems a little funky, the right speakers cut out every now and then, jiggle the jack and it's fixed. I dont think it's jack in the dash, as I used it with the headphone jack on the phone since i got it back in Nov and never had the issue. The good news is you dont have to touch it once installed, so hoping it will seat and be fine.
  5. #380  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Has everyone who ordered the dock received their 9ft cable yet? I ordered my dock back in April 4 and still did not receive the 9ft cable yet.
  6. #381  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by jummybui View Post
    Has everyone who ordered the dock received their 9ft cable yet? I ordered my dock back in April 4 and still did not receive the 9ft cable yet.
    Might be taking them a while to get through all of the orders, and they're probably going in the order that people ordered them. (I'm only guessing, I don't really know.) I ordered mine back in mid-Feb.
  7. #382  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    I've got a new issue with the dock in general. Anybody else had this? Basically the swivel ball is so loose that it's impossible to get the phone in and out of the dock without using 2 hands. I've gotten the nut tightened down as far as I physically can. Originally it held very well, but after a couple of months now it's loosened up to the point where trying to put the phone in, or take the phone out, when I try to lift up on the top springy piece the whole dock just rotates up on the ball joint. Thus I have to use two hands, so I can keep the dock still with one hand while I insert the phone with the other hand. I can't tighten the nut on the ball joint any further.

    I plan to write iBolt about it but I'm wondering what other people's experience is. Is this just how the iBolt docks are after a bit of use, or have your iBolt docks kept a good tight ball joint even after several months of use?
  8. #383  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by clh42 View Post
    I've got a new issue with the dock in general. Anybody else had this? Basically the swivel ball is so loose that it's impossible to get the phone in and out of the dock without using 2 hands. I've gotten the nut tightened down as far as I physically can. Originally it held very well, but after a couple of months now it's loosened up to the point where trying to put the phone in, or take the phone out, when I try to lift up on the top springy piece the whole dock just rotates up on the ball joint. Thus I have to use two hands, so I can keep the dock still with one hand while I insert the phone with the other hand. I can't tighten the nut on the ball joint any further.

    I plan to write iBolt about it but I'm wondering what other people's experience is. Is this just how the iBolt docks are after a bit of use, or have your iBolt docks kept a good tight ball joint even after several months of use?
    Well I don't use mine that much only on long trips and a few times locally. And the ball is still tight however the little cover for the cable/arm broke about the first week after I received it

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
  9. #384  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by jummybui View Post
    Has everyone who ordered the dock received their 9ft cable yet? I ordered my dock back in April 4 and still did not receive the 9ft cable yet.
    Just got mine last week...they have been very good about emailing me and keeping me imformed.
    Cory
  10. #385  
    vr002sh's Avatar

    Posts
    266 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by clh42 View Post
    I've got a new issue with the dock in general. Anybody else had this? Basically the swivel ball is so loose that it's impossible to get the phone in and out of the dock without using 2 hands. I've gotten the nut tightened down as far as I physically can. Originally it held very well, but after a couple of months now it's loosened up to the point where trying to put the phone in, or take the phone out, when I try to lift up on the top springy piece the whole dock just rotates up on the ball joint. Thus I have to use two hands, so I can keep the dock still with one hand while I insert the phone with the other hand. I can't tighten the nut on the ball joint any further.

    I plan to write iBolt about it but I'm wondering what other people's experience is. Is this just how the iBolt docks are after a bit of use, or have your iBolt docks kept a good tight ball joint even after several months of use?
    I ordered mine the first day of the pre-order back in late Nov/ early Dec, so I have had mine for quite a while. So far mine is still nice and tight.
  11. #386  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    I put in with one hand but I never take out with one hand. I always lift the top spring loaded piece up with one hand and take the phone out with other as to not put pressure on the dock or the phone.

    Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #387  
    MikaelPe's Avatar

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    clh42. We have a new mount with rubber overmold on the ball itself which makes it very tight. We are planning to offer this for sale directly on our site and also here with our AndroidCentral.com retail partner. Stay tuned and we will soon post this SKU. Cost less then $15
    Thanked by:
  13. #388  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Questions about the iBolt Dock'n Drive app:

    1. Is there anyway to have the phone automatically Pause playing music when the 2-in-1 cable is removed from the phone? In essence I hope to have it work the same way as when a stand-alone audio cable is removed.

    2. When I was using 2 separate cables, I was able to route phone calls through my car stereo, allowing me to hear the caller much better. Is this not possible with the single cable? Did it work before only because I was using 2 cables? I really miss that functionality.

    3. Is it possible to configure your Next Song button to support Slacker?

    Loving both the Dock and the App. Of all the Driving apps I've tried I must say I like yours best. With a bit more tweaking I see many others shifting over to it.

    Thanks!!!
  14. #389  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Wow, almost 2 months with no comments from anyone? Everyone got their combo cables? I did, but still have an issue with a "static" sound in the audio through that cable. Also still fighting the fact that the ball mount is too loose that I can no longer insert or remove the phone without both hands, but the nut is tightened as far as it will go. I haven't tried writing iBolt about it yet though. Just been too busy. I did use the dock on my first long trip over the 4th of July holiday, an 8 hour drive each way, and liked having the phone in the dock for music and nav.
  15. #390  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Seems to me in the time it took to write this comment you could have wrote to ibolt and I am willing to bet they would have helped you. They always answered my emails very quickly.

    Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.
    love my evo.
  16. #391  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Seems to me in the time it took to write this comment you could have wrote to ibolt and I am willing to bet they would have helped you. They always answered my emails very quickly.

    Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.
    Perhaps, but that wasn't the main reason I posted. I was trying to spark some additional dialog.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #392  
    MikaelPe's Avatar

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Chlh42, please take a picture and send to about your issue with the mount not being tight. We'll take care of it for you immediately. Also, we've been going "round and round" on the "static noise/buzzing" in the aux-out and we are down to less then 1% having any issue. In the past weeks we have consistently recommended anyone contacting us to install a Ground Loop Isolator on the 3.5 jack and so far it seems like this has solved the issue... Here's the one we've been recommending but I'm sure there are other good models too. Amazon.com : PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5mm Ground Loop Isolator : Electronics Apparently some cars have insignificant grounding on the 3.5 jack or the power outlet, resulting in feedback. If you order this, please let us know if this solved the issue on your side as well.
    Thanked by:
    zmann 
  18. #393  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by MikaelPe View Post
    Chlh42, please take a picture and send to about your issue with the mount not being tight. We'll take care of it for you immediately. Also, we've been going "round and round" on the "static noise/buzzing" in the aux-out and we are down to less then 1% having any issue. In the past weeks we have consistently recommended anyone contacting us to install a Ground Loop Isolator on the 3.5 jack and so far it seems like this has solved the issue... Here's the one we've been recommending but I'm sure there are other good models too. Amazon.com : PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5mm Ground Loop Isolator : Electronics Apparently some cars have insignificant grounding on the 3.5 jack or the power outlet, resulting in feedback. If you order this, please let us know if this solved the issue on your side as well.
    Thanks! I appreciate it, but what is it you want a picture of? It's kind of hard to demonstrate the looseness with a static picture. Happy to take one, just want to sure I take the right picture.

    The static doesn't sound like the traditional noise from a ground problem. I'm very familiar with the traditional hum or buzz noise and the noise I hear isn't that. This more like a scratchy white noise type of sound, like a cable with a loose connection when you jiggle it, only I'm not jiggling it. Though I will check into the ground loop isolator. I see Radio Shack has one that I can purchase locally and try out that's easy to return if it doesn't help vs. buying one online and being out shipping if it doesn't work.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 13141516

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for New Galaxy Note II AT&T
    By ItsaRaid in forum Sold / Archived Marketplace Threads
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 03:52 PM
  2. Is there a desktop dock available for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus ?
    By flashkillpro in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 07:55 PM
  3. Still no car docks available?
    By youngjediboy in forum Epic 4G Touch Accessories
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-27-2011, 08:08 PM
  4. Google car dock home for DL30
    By jack22182 in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 09:55 AM
  5. FS: Verizon Car Dock/Stand for Incredible
    By hls811 in forum Sold / Archived Marketplace Threads
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 08:53 PM

Posting Permissions

B