Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 393
Like Tree35Likes
  1. #201  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Ya everything looks great... i did a rough install without plugging in the cord since i need a usb to cig adapter... i thought it shouldve come with it for the money... Still a very nice product... it holds the phone great and is ready to put in with one hand.... two hands to plug in power cord and then i have to plug in my line in for audio out....

    One concern is,,,, the pressure it takes to open the jaws to insert phone over a period of time i see the suction cup coming off or the round disc that gets stickyed down well probably rip off...

    Everything else is very nice and made with nice materials....

    ill post more pics later and give you guys a update on cord...

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  2. #202  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    How do you adjust the "feet"? Do you just pull/push them or are you supposed to use the tabs sticking out of the bottom in some way?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    My tech timeline: 1981 - First programmed. 1986 - First modem connection. 1993 - First Internet SLIP account. 2000 - First broadband connection. 2003 - First BlackBerry. 2011 - First Android.
  3. #203  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardClark View Post
    How do you adjust the "feet"? Do you just pull/push them or are you supposed to use the tabs sticking out of the bottom in some way?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I didn't know they could be adjusted... my phone gets gripped by them no matter how i put it in... they are stepped

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  4. #204  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Adjustment under the feet. I have used for a month now and the top spring load mechanism breaks in well. Easy to put in with one hand. If installed properly this suction will not break or loosing on the windshield. I tried my hardest to do just that and even after pressing the release it still takes some effort to unattach from windshield.

    Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
  5. #205  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    Ah lucky you Steve! Seems they are shipping with the charger now. Very cool! You order it way after us preorders and you get everything first :-P. Let us know how it works. Getting my arm early next week
    Just talked to someone from ibolt. His cable is just regular 10 foot cable,, not the one originally into the ad with the aux out. They are now advertising and shipping with just a normal 10 foot cable. We are still getting the 2 in one cable we originally ordered.

    Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
  6. #206  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Just talked to someone from ibolt. His cable is just regular 10 foot cable,, not the one originally into the ad with the aux out. They are now advertising and shipping with just a normal 10 foot cable. We are still getting the 2 in one cable we originally ordered.
    That sucks! I did notice that the Amazon item description now says "(includes 10ft microUSB to USB charging cable)" but that's still not very clear to people who are familiar with the fact that it USED to include the combo USB/aux out cable. I haven't ordered yet because I decided I just wanted this to get all sorted out before I ordered. I hope they still get the combo cables in March and return to selling it with the combo cables. Otherwise, they've lost a sale here.

    I see on shopandroid the description still says "The included 9 ft (2.7 meter) charging/aux-out cable" BUT you can't actually order it there now. There's no "Add to Cart" button.

    Here's another idea. Maybe iBolt should just knock $10 off and sell it withOUT the long USB cable at all, and offer it for sale separately. Then people who already have charging cables and don't really need the long cable can just get it without it. (Though IF they bring back the combo cable, then I will want that.)
  7. #207  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by clh42 View Post
    That sucks! I did notice that the Amazon item description now says "(includes 10ft microUSB to USB charging cable)" but that's still not very clear to people who are familiar with the fact that it USED to include the combo USB/aux out cable. I haven't ordered yet because I decided I just wanted this to get all sorted out before I ordered. I hope they still get the combo cables in March and return to selling it with the combo cables. Otherwise, they've lost a sale here.

    I see on shopandroid the description still says "The included 9 ft (2.7 meter) charging/aux-out cable" BUT you can't actually order it there now. There's no "Add to Cart" button.

    Here's another idea. Maybe iBolt should just knock $10 off and sell it withOUT the long USB cable at all, and offer it for sale separately. Then people who already have charging cables and don't really need the long cable can just get it without it. (Though IF they bring back the combo cable, then I will want that.)
    This is what happened to me. I preordered here on Android Central but with all the delays I canceled. I finally saw people were getting them and the AUX/USB cable would just be shipped later. So I went to Amazon and put in my order. Got mine yesterday with the long USB cable and no word on the AUX/USB cable. The instructions they even provide talk about the AUX/USB cable. I'm am a bit irritated that it changed with no real notice as I was under the impression I would still get the AUX/USB cable.

    Another issue I have is I was under the impression that when I plugged it into the dock it would auto launch the car program. I don't get that at all. My phone does the dock tone but it just stays on the home screen. I hope this is just me not having a setting checked but that should also be part of the instructions if true.
  8. #208  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by RLLangley View Post
    This is what happened to me. I preordered here on Android Central but with all the delays I canceled. I finally saw people were getting them and the AUX/USB cable would just be shipped later. So I went to Amazon and put in my order. Got mine yesterday with the long USB cable and no word on the AUX/USB cable. The instructions they even provide talk about the AUX/USB cable. I'm am a bit irritated that it changed with no real notice as I was under the impression I would still get the AUX/USB cable.

    Another issue I have is I was under the impression that when I plugged it into the dock it would auto launch the car program. I don't get that at all. My phone does the dock tone but it just stays on the home screen. I hope this is just me not having a setting checked but that should also be part of the instructions if true.
    The charging arm is supposed to be what launches the car mode...

    sent using FlatBill Magic
  9. #209  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by phooker62890 View Post
    The charging arm is supposed to be what launches the car mode...

    sent using FlatBill Magic
    What do you mean by charging arm? I have the dock, the cable that goes from dock to my phone and then the long cable going to USB.
  10. #210  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by RLLangley View Post
    This is what happened to me. I preordered here on Android Central but with all the delays I canceled. I finally saw people were getting them and the AUX/USB cable would just be shipped later. So I went to Amazon and put in my order. Got mine yesterday with the long USB cable and no word on the AUX/USB cable. The instructions they even provide talk about the AUX/USB cable. I'm am a bit irritated that it changed with no real notice as I was under the impression I would still get the AUX/USB cable.

    Another issue I have is I was under the impression that when I plugged it into the dock it would auto launch the car program. I don't get that at all. My phone does the dock tone but it just stays on the home screen. I hope this is just me not having a setting checked but that should also be part of the instructions if true.
    You might check this setting. I don't have my charging arm yet but you might see if this works


    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
  11. #211  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by RLLangley View Post
    What do you mean by charging arm? I have the dock, the cable that goes from dock to my phone and then the long cable going to USB.
    The dock to phone cable.

    sent using FlatBill Magic
  12. #212  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by RLLangley View Post
    This is what happened to me. I preordered here on Android Central but with all the delays I canceled. I finally saw people were getting them and the AUX/USB cable would just be shipped later. So I went to Amazon and put in my order. Got mine yesterday with the long USB cable and no word on the AUX/USB cable. The instructions they even provide talk about the AUX/USB cable. I'm am a bit irritated that it changed with no real notice as I was under the impression I would still get the AUX/USB cable.

    Another issue I have is I was under the impression that when I plugged it into the dock it would auto launch the car program. I don't get that at all. My phone does the dock tone but it just stays on the home screen. I hope this is just me not having a setting checked but that should also be part of the instructions if true.
    Lady told me that the people who are ordering now and getting the regular cable can buy the other cable in march. They will be on sale separately.

    Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
  13. #213  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by RLLangley View Post
    What do you mean by charging arm? I have the dock, the cable that goes from dock to my phone and then the long cable going to USB.
    Check your package,, they have a charging arm that connects to the dock. Thats what you plug into your phone. If you got a cable shipped with your order then most likely there was a charging arm with it. They would have informed you that the arm is coming later if you did not get it.

    Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
  14. #214  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    As per a previous post the dock will not do car mode as Samsung is discontinuing this feature. I am just going to put a NFC tag on my dock to enable car mode for this dock as I use multiple docks and I want each one to work differently. The one in my bedroom for instance I want to turn on my alarm and display the clock and turn off notifications.
    Ed270 likes this.
  15. #215  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_American View Post
    As per a previous post the dock will not do car mode as Samsung is discontinuing this feature. I am just going to put a NFC tag on my dock to enable car mode for this dock as I use multiple docks and I want each one to work differently. The one in my bedroom for instance I want to turn on my alarm and display the clock and turn off notifications.
    I am using NFC to activate Car home ultra. I am also using them for other tasks as well they seem to work fine for those tasks


    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
  16. #216  
    Nchaka's Avatar

    Posts
    321 Posts
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    I use the blue tooth to open the car home ultra app. When my phone connects to my cars bluetooth it opens the app.

    Sent from my White Galaxy Note 2
  17. #217  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_American View Post
    As per a previous post the dock will not do car mode as Samsung is discontinuing this feature. I am just going to put a NFC tag on my dock to enable car mode for this dock as I use multiple docks and I want each one to work differently. The one in my bedroom for instance I want to turn on my alarm and display the clock and turn off notifications.
    I use a alarm clock app that does that. When I put on my charging dock the app opens and its disables all other notifications. Pretty cool,, I hear ya,, very convenient.

    Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
  18. #218  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Lady told me that the people who are ordering now and getting the regular cable can buy the other cable in march. They will be on sale separately.
    That really sucks. So people that order now that need the other cable will be forced to pay extra for it and end up with another cable they may never use (the usb only cable). I'm still hoping that once they get the combo cable, they'll go back to selling it with the dock. I'm waiting it out.
  19. #219  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_American View Post
    As per a previous post the dock will not do car mode as Samsung is discontinuing this feature. I am just going to put a NFC tag on my dock to enable car mode for this dock as I use multiple docks and I want each one to work differently. The one in my bedroom for instance I want to turn on my alarm and display the clock and turn off notifications.
    I read differently, between this thread and the other thread about the old iBolt Galaxy S3 dock. The early Jelly Bean update for SOME INTERNATIONAL versions of the Galaxy S3 phone removed this feature. The feature was restored in Jelly Bean updates for all U.S. carriers, and then I believe was added back in for later International updates for countries that got it later than the original international update. (I'm not entirely sure it was added back to the international version, but I thought so, but I do know for sure it was included in all U.S. carrier updates.)

    There were several reports with the old SIII specific dock from people where it did not put the phone into car mode, and they got a replacement dock and it worked, so it's possible people could get defective units of the new dock in this respect too.

    Also, the above is all in regards to the S III. I guess I don't really know about the Note II, but after the stink with trying to remove it from the S III and adding it back in, I'd have a hard time believing that it would get removed from the Note II.
  20. #220  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by clh42 View Post
    That really sucks. So people that order now that need the other cable will be forced to pay extra for it and end up with another cable they may never use (the usb only cable). I'm still hoping that once they get the combo cable, they'll go back to selling it with the dock. I'm waiting it out.
    She already told me they won't be. Sold separately will be the only way. Waiting will just make you wait longer for no reason.

    Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.
  21. #221  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    She already told me they won't be. Sold separately will be the only way. Waiting will just make you wait longer for no reason.
    Well, CRAP! Keeping my fingers crossed I guess. Or the combo cable by itself better be DARN CHEAP.
  22. #222  
    greatg67's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Has anyone from Canada been able to order this. Unfortunately Amazon.com will not ship to Canada. If anyone has another online source that would be appreciated.
  23. #223  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by clh42 View Post
    I read differently, between this thread and the other thread about the old iBolt Galaxy S3 dock. The early Jelly Bean update for SOME INTERNATIONAL versions of the Galaxy S3 phone removed this feature. The feature was restored in Jelly Bean updates for all U.S. carriers, and then I believe was added back in for later International updates for countries that got it later than the original international update. (I'm not entirely sure it was added back to the international version, but I thought so, but I do know for sure it was included in all U.S. carrier updates.)

    There were several reports with the old SIII specific dock from people where it did not put the phone into car mode, and they got a replacement dock and it worked, so it's possible people could get defective units of the new dock in this respect too.

    Also, the above is all in regards to the S III. I guess I don't really know about the Note II, but after the stink with trying to remove it from the S III and adding it back in, I'd have a hard time believing that it would get removed from the Note II.
    I never stated the note 2 would not have car mode, however in the future Samsung has decided to get rid of car mode. Whether thats for future devices or for future updates on existing devices I have no idea. That being said, ibolt stated earlier in this thread that because Samsung was getting rid of car mode that they would not be implementing it on the dock and instead would use dock mode.

    [post edited by moderator]
  24. #224  
    delco714's Avatar

    Posts
    508 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

    Quote Originally Posted by clh42 View Post
    Well, CRAP! Keeping my fingers crossed I guess. Or the combo cable by itself better be DARN CHEAP.
    Yeah that's a bit shady on ibolts part.. I'm part of the pre-order crowd, getting my arm this week and aux/usb in March, so i can't complain. Also, i don't use dock mode in the car, maybe I'll check it out, but i don't have any issues pressing dock mode button on the phone.
  25. #225  

    Default Re: New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder



    Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    Received my charging arm today.
    love my evo.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for New Galaxy Note II AT&T
    By ItsaRaid in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 04:52 PM
  2. Is there a desktop dock available for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus ?
    By flashkillpro in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 08:55 PM
  3. Still no car docks available?
    By youngjediboy in forum Epic 4G Touch Accessories
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-27-2011, 09:08 PM
  4. Google car dock home for DL30
    By jack22182 in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 10:55 AM
  5. FS: Verizon Car Dock/Stand for Incredible
    By hls811 in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 09:53 PM

Posting Permissions