New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

Flexia

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine from amazon on friday the 11th and yestersay it said it shipped. Today I got a call from them saying that the cable should be on ita way early February and offered me a hmdi or car charger. Also she said she would have everything shipped today.

borgdog

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Evidently they only care about Amazon orders as there have been no reply from them on here or XDA to posts asking about pre-orders from here. Mine still shows as shipping on jan 18th, but I'll believe it when I see it.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Hello all, the new active car-dock made for the Note II (but also compatible with virtually all other Samsung phones) is now in production. Below are a list of the features and also pictures with details. This Dock will be available to ship in 2-3 weeks here on Android Central.

Have a car-dock for a device like a Note II is probably a must to take advantage of the great GPS Navigation features. Also, few people realize that cell phone reception and GPS signal is optimized when having the phone above the dashboard! The Dock we have designed look very nice, it has a bunch of components, metal latch and it includes electronics for pass through charging and a 9ft cable with USB and aux-out. With gray/black details and a small design it will look great inside any modern vehicle... If you buy this Dock we'll send a nice discount coupon for the wireless version (although wireless charging is slow when using a case) when it's coming in a few months

The flexible design makes it compatible with Galaxy S II, S III and Note I and II, even when using extended batteries etc. Here's the details on features...

1. Spring loaded latch. Users told us they don't want to insert the phone and have to "fold down" the latch. This design makes it a smooth 1-step motion to insert the phone. The opening supports phones up to 92 mm, which is based on a Note II with the Defender case.

2. Expandable feet to fit phones up to 18 mm thick. Adding an Otterbox Defender to a Note II makes it twice as thick!

3. 17 mm ball joint mount on the back of the Dock. Turn in any direction with one hand or even use a vertical dock. The Dock also works with any mounting solution compatible with Garmin, type dashboard. vent, bike mount etc. For anyone preferring a ProClip vent mount or KUDA leather mount for mounting, just add an AMPS mounting adapter and they will play nicely together.

4. Automatically triggering car-mode/smart dock mode. On Google Play there's several good apps, including CarHome Ultra, that can be used as a replacement for Samsung's "default" docking screen (no real app included anymore from them).

5. Pass through charging with a 9ft (2.7meter) USB charging cord is also included. This makes it possible to place the Dock on the left side of the steering wheel, where it is out of the way and within easy reach. This position is also "legal" in California. If you don't have a USB port in your car, plug into a 12 Volt car charger featuring a USB port (which most people probably already have?).

6. The aux-out sound (music, gps & all apps) comes through the 9 ft microUSB cable and it ends with a split USB and a 3.5 mm male connector. If you have a car with a 3.5 mm input, you can hear music and GPS turn-by-turn directions through this connection. Please note that Samsung's firmware does NOT route the sound from the phone calls trough the aux-out (as Motorola does) so for hands-free calling you MUST have a Bluetooth headset/speaker phone or car-stereo Bluetooth connection.

7. Minimal design with completely open back so the Dock can function as a "dash cam" without any blockage. We're amazed how many people seems to use this feature! Power button and volume button on the Note II are also completely accessible with this design.

8. Compact size, yet sturdy and pretty stylish size. Much smaller footprint then even a medium size Samsung phone. Users like you guys have told us that when the phone is not in the Dock you don't want a big "blob" of plastic obstruction the view.

Well, that's it folks! Price is a most reasonable $44.95 considering the many components included but a $5 off pre-order rebate until end of December brings it down to $39.95. Order here on Android Central, iBOLT xProDock for Samsung - Android Car Kits & Mounts. For the European Amazon, click here. Better photos and videos coming in the next week. Feel free to comment, ask questions and we'll do our best to answer...
YouTube video showing the product.

Will this work as a desk dock as well? Tired of waiting for the so called fart dock

TeeX

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Evidently they only care about Amazon orders as there have been no reply from them on here or XDA to posts asking about pre-orders from here. Mine still shows as shipping on jan 18th, but I'll believe it when I see it.

it's very frustrating. I put my order in here, at this site, way before I told my friend about this great dock. He then ordered from Amazon. He got his dock yesterday, and I'm sitting here with nothing, no response here, no email sent to me, nothing :(

Haucore

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Received my ibolt last night along with the MHL Adapter. Not really worried much about the car charger as I already have one. The mount is fantastic, I love the spring loaded grip. Putting it all together is a breeze. My only problem is the MHL adapter, it doesn't work. May be a doa.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Received my ibolt last night along with the MHL Adapter. Not really worried much about the car charger as I already have one. The mount is fantastic, I love the spring loaded grip. Putting it all together is a breeze. My only problem is the MHL adapter, it doesn't work. May be a doa.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Do you have a case on your phone?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

TeeX

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I emailed AC and they said it "should" ship on 1/18.
I believe it when I see it.

I wonder if/when our orders from this site are shipped out, if they will come with the special 9 foot cord?

To my understanding, that is the holdup?

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if/when our orders from this site are shipped out, if they will come with the special 9 foot cord?

To my understanding, that is the holdup?

My email said the cord would ship on February 7th.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just placed my order on AC... received automated reply that it will ship on 1/25. EDIT: went to amazon and i will have in 3 days.

I will keep everyone posted.

Why when i just went to check out it says March is the earliest I can have this shipped to me?

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Tapatalk just did something weird. I was editing my comment and it edited someone else comment. Should that even be possible? Never happened before. Very strange.

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Tapatalk just did something weird. I was editing my comment and it edited someone else comment. Should that even be possible? Never happened before. Very strange.

I just tried to edit your post through tapa talk and it did not let me. It must have been some wierd glitch. very strange

Angry_American

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I have had the same thing happen before as well. I also have a note 2, maybe a glitch?

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Why when i just went to check out it says March is the earliest I can have this shipped to me?

I just noticed! I was going to order last night and now match 15! F that! They couldn't even make enough? Im gonna pass. ... ill get something else

TeeX

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
MARCH ??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, I'm really upset! SOMEBODY from iBolt please comment on this!

I ordered on this site WEEKS before my friend ordered from Amazon, and he already has his, while now I'm seeing mine won't be here until MARCH?!!!!!!!!

HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?!!!

PLEASE, iBolt presence in this thread!

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Amazon's page still says 1/31. Why hasn't AC had ibolt explain what's going on to its customers? They are not as big as amazon but ibolt should have the courtesy to explain itself.

Sent from my White Galaxy Note 2

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
MARCH ??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, I'm really upset! SOMEBODY from iBolt please comment on this!

I ordered on this site WEEKS before my friend ordered from Amazon, and he already has his, while now I'm seeing mine won't be here until MARCH?!!!!!!!!

HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?!!!

PLEASE, iBolt presence in this thread!

This is like the third date change, it probably will change again a couple more times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles