New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow talk about easy I called spoke to Kim she said she would send the correct cable out and apologized for the mix up. No voicemail or automated phone system and someone who spoke English :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Kim is who I have been emailing back and forth for a week now. Always quick response. Outstanding customer service.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have no doubt that when iBolt offered the dock for pre-release back in December they didn't realize there would be a problem with the charging arm and cable that were and are on back order. Between the option of the free charger, the extra shipping costs associated with multiple shipments and now sending out a replacement charging arm, iBolt probably isn't making much money, if any on this item. I must say that with all of that in mind they are really working to do the right things for their customers and it has certainly made me feel good about buying from them. I will do my part to spread the good word on their customer service. The fact that the dock is actually well built and seems to be of high quality is a real bonus!

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
so let me get this straight....

if I place an order for this dock on Amazon.com, iBolt will ship me one that will automatically trigger dock mode on my VZW Samsung Galaxy Note 2?

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
so let me get this straight....

if I place an order for this dock on Amazon.com, iBolt will ship me one that will automatically trigger dock mode on my VZW Samsung Galaxy Note 2?

It should, yes. Unless they send you the wrong charging arm like they apparently did to the couple of posters above. But it appears even they are getting the situation resolved with iBolt.

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
So I just noticed on Amazon.com that the description of the item is back to having the "(9ft USB/aux-out cable ships later)" instead of the just plain 10 ft USB charging only cable. So I went ahead and TRIED to order.

BUT, when I try to check out, I get a message that they can't ship to my address. Why the heck would that be? I know in Amazon, certain items (like weapons and such) can't be shipped to certain states or cities, but why would there be anything about this item that's restircted? And I'm in Iowa. I'm not aware of any shipping restrictions here on anything. I've ordered many items from Amazon over the years (even just recently) and never been told that something couldn't be shipped to my address.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking because somehow That's the wrong ad. It should not be with that original cable. Some sort of glitch there. They will not be selling with that cable any more,, will have to be purchased separately . that info came Right from kim.. I still have the email if you want to see it. Makes sense to me that somehow you have the wrong information now and the order won't go through.

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking because somehow That's the wrong ad. It should not be with that original cable. Some sort of glitch there. They will not be selling with that cable any more,, will have to be purchased separately . that info came Right from kim.. I still have the email if you want to see it. Makes sense to me that somehow you have the wrong information now and the order won't go through.

so they're not selling it with that USB/aux-out cable? if so, what kind of cable will I be getting? (for my Galaxy Nexus 2)

what's the correct page on Amazon to place the order?

this thread has become really confuse and I do not understand why the OP doesn't come back and clarify things?
I assume OP is the vendor/manufacturer of this iBolt dock? If so, why has he abandoned this thread? (no post
for more than a month a half) If that's how the company treats customers, I guess people should NOT be buying
this product.

thanks for your help! :)

Last edited:

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
so they're not selling it with that USB/aux-out cable? if so, what kind of cable will I be getting? (for my Galaxy Nexus 2)

what's the correct page on Amazon to place the order?

this thread has become really confuse and I do not understand why the OP doesn't come back and clarify things?
I assume OP is the vendor/manufacturer of this iBolt dock? If so, why has he abandoned this thread? (no post
for more than a month a half) If that's how the company treats customers, I guess people should NOT be buying
this product.

thanks for your help! :)
Back to my earlier post that zmann was replying to, to which the above quoted reply was in reply to, I found a "Contact the seller" link on Amazon and sent them a note about the not shipping to my address. iBolt replied already and said there must be some glitch on Amazon because they are getting tons of messages from other people attempting to buy it today too. They suggest waiting and trying tomorrow.

Regarding the cable, originally the XProDoc was supposed to sell with the 9 ft combo USB charging/aux-out audio cable. That's how it was originally sold both on Amazon and Android Central. But then they had the shipping delay because iBolt couldn't get this cable from their vendor to ship with the dock. So initially they started shipping the dock to people who had bought it on Amazon withOUT any cables with a note that they would ship the cables later (in March). Then a few weeks ago, the item on Amazon was updated to indicate that it would ship with a 10 ft USB charging only cable, with the idea that the combo USB charging/aux-out cable would be available for separate purchase later (again, in March).

I had suggested in a previous post that I was going to wait until they went back to including the combo cable with the dock until I would order (thinking that once they received sufficient quantities of the combo cable from their vendor that they would resume selling it with the combo cable). Zmann replied, as he did again to my post earlier today, that he had already been told by Kim at iBolt that they will NEVER resume selling the combo cable WITH the unit. They will only continue to sell it with the 10 ft USB charging only cable and we'll always have to buy the combo cable separately.

However, when I searched Amazon.com again tonight, I end up with this item: Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Kit for Samsung (9ft USB/aux-out cable ships later): Cell Phones & Accessories, which is back to showing that it includes the 9 ft. combo cable, but it won't let me order it because it says they can't ship to my destination. So maybe zmann is right in that maybe Amazon got their pages mixed up and is for some reason showing an older and now invalid item listing. I hope not, but maybe.

So if what I see currently is a mistake and it goes back to the most recent correct item listing before this one, and you order that, then you will get the 10 ft USB charging only cable, not the 9 ft USB/Aux-out combo cable.

With all of that said, I've said before, but will say again, if they are not going to return to selling it with the combo cable, and keep selling it with the USB only cable, that really sucks. I WANT the combo cable, but now becuase of THEIR inability to get the combo cable from their vendor, we will now be forced to pay more (by having to buy the combo cable separately later) to get the exact same thing that it was originally priced for. And I'll have an extra throw-away 10 ft USB cable that I don't want. And I can't imagine the USB only cable cost them as much as the combo cable, so if the pricing was set originally with the combo cable and now their including a cheaper inferior cable, I really feel ripped off (if I were to go ahead and order it under the current situation).

If they really don't want to go back to selling it with the combo cable, then I'd prefer they just sell it withOUT ANY long cable (just the charging arm cable of course), AND drop the price by $5. THEN I'd be comfortable buying the combo USB charing/aux-out cable separately when it's available.

And on to your comments about the OP of this thread, I totally agree. He was very active in this thread initially UNTIL the shipping delays happened and then nothing for over a month now. I know he probably doesn't want to get hammered and I wouldn't expect him to respond to every question on this thread, but an occasional posting with an explanation and update on the situation would be helpful. Although many people have posted that they've had good customer service with iBolt directly, the fact that the OP of this thread has totally abandoned this thread when the going got tough still makes me have a bit of a concern about purchasing from them. But there's been soooo many comments from other users about how great the dock is that I will probably end up buying it despite this concern. (That is, IF they fix the pricing with no longer shipping the combo cable with the dock, or go back to shipping the combo cable with the dock once they have sufficient quantity.)

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Back to my earlier post that zmann was replying to, to which the above quoted reply was in reply to, I found a "Contact the seller" link on Amazon and sent them a note about the not shipping to my address. iBolt replied already and said there must be some glitch on Amazon because they are getting tons of messages from other people attempting to buy it today too. They suggest waiting and trying tomorrow.

Thanks! Your reply really cleared things up for me. :)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The car home ultra app that I use with the dock had a update this morning and the music player buttons in the app now work with the stock music player on the note 2. Was very happy with that. I know there were a few people looking for a music player that worked with these controls in this app.

Ed270

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The car home ultra app that I use with the dock had a update this morning and the music player buttons in the app now work with the stock music player on the note 2. Was very happy with that. I know there were a few people looking for a music player that worked with these controls in this app.

I use that app as well glad to hear they added that feature.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

jvbaseball

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
So I just noticed on Amazon.com that the description of the item is back to having the "(9ft USB/aux-out cable ships later)" instead of the just plain 10 ft USB charging only cable. So I went ahead and TRIED to order.

BUT, when I try to check out, I get a message that they can't ship to my address. Why the heck would that be? I know in Amazon, certain items (like weapons and such) can't be shipped to certain states or cities, but why would there be anything about this item that's restircted? And I'm in Iowa. I'm not aware of any shipping restrictions here on anything. I've ordered many items from Amazon over the years (even just recently) and never been told that something couldn't be shipped to my address.

I just ordered from Amazon. Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Kit for Samsung (9ft USB/aux-out cable ships later): Cell Phones & Accessories When I went to check out it said $4.99 for shipping 3-5 days. So I clicked the 1-3 day option to see how much it would be and it was $0.00 for shipping. Put in my payment info and got "Thank you, your order has been placed." Try again, it might work now.

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered from Amazon. Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Kit for Samsung (9ft USB/aux-out cable ships later): Cell Phones & Accessories When I went to check out it said $4.99 for shipping 3-5 days. So I clicked the 1-3 day option to see how much it would be and it was $0.00 for shipping. Put in my payment info and got "Thank you, your order has been placed." Try again, it might work now.

interesting.... :) the real question is... what cable will be included and will they ship the USB/aux-out cable with no additional charges? (if not, doesn't that constitute false advertising?)

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Ibolt just emailed me and explained that everyone would receive the aux/power cable in march even if you got the 10 ' power cable.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

phooker62890

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Ibolt just emailed me and explained that everyone would receive the aux/power cable in march even if you got the 10 ' power cable.

Wait....what? So even though I opted to take the 10ft cable I will still get the aux one as well?

sent using FlatBill Magic ?

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Two emails from ibolt....

Steven,

You most definitely will. We don't have an exact ETA for the cable we just know the end of March sometime but we will have all the packaging labeled and ready to go as soon as we get the cables n.

Thanks,

Kim

Steven,

All customers that have ordered the Samsung xProDock will receive the aux-out/USB cable that allows for sound from apps (not phone calls) to go directly to the car-stereo. I apologize if we had confusing messaging on this issue... Expected delivery time is 2nd half of March.

Best regards,

Mikael - customer service

....so there you have it... we'll see but sounds like they will send them out!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Well we should compare mail because ibolt sent me something saying very different. Mine says the people who choose the 10 foot cord will have to buy the combo cord separate. Signed by kim.

Angry_American

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Two emails from ibolt....

Steven,

You most definitely will. We don't have an exact ETA for the cable we just know the end of March sometime but we will have all the packaging labeled and ready to go as soon as we get the cables n.

Thanks,

Kim

Steven,

All customers that have ordered the Samsung xProDock will receive the aux-out/USB cable that allows for sound from apps (not phone calls) to go directly to the car-stereo.

....so there you have it... we'll see but sounds like they will send them out!

This doesn't make sense as the audio out on the phone does send phone calls to an external device. For instance I plug my phone into my car stereo and listen to music, someone calls and the calls also will sound through my car stereo. Are they saying with the split cable we will lose this capability?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678