New iBOLT Note II active car-dock available for preorder

MikaelPe

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
All, we at iBOLT will offer all buyers of the xProDock the 9ft aux-out/USB cable regardless what they received before. We listened and that's what customers want and since everybody (well, most people anyway...) have been very nice about waiting for the improved cable we'll make it simple and offer it to everyone as part of the package. Also, we are working close with our friends here at Android central and hope to have the xProDock for Samsung available here too soon. We encourage everyone to buy from Androidcentral since they do a great job with news, forum's etc and if there's any problems with your iBOLT product we're always a phone call or email away anyway:)

MikaelPe

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
chl42, I am back in the thread, sorry about being gone. We've posted in various forums but I must say that we are kind of stunned how incredibly engaged and passionate people has been about this product. I guess the combination of full case compatibility and having one cable for aux-out and charge is very appealing to a lot of people. We are receiving tons of phone calls, emails, Facebook posting, forum postings daily and in due time we try to answer every single email. Thanks for being patient with us everyone!

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hooray! We're back in business. Placed my order earlier today and by the time I got home from work I already had an e-mail that it was shipped. About it being broken yesterday, one thing I noticed is that today when I went to order it shows $4.49 for shipping. When I tried to order yesterday and it wouldn't let me, there was NO shipping at all listed with the item price. But I do remember from seeing it on Amazon in the past that it did have shipping previously. So yeah, something was messed up with the listing on Amazon yesterday.

I had also seen in a review on the Amazon listing, this piece of text. A buyer had posted a review complaining about the lack of the combo USB/aux cable, and he had gotten a response from iBolt via e-mail on 2/15, which he then copy & pasted into his review. This is the pertinent section about the cable:

"The charging cable with integrated aux-out for the audio from applications will indeed be included for everyone that has purchased the xProDock on Amazon from us. We made the decision last week to NOT include this and make it a separate add-on, this as we had feedback from customers saying they don't want it as they have Bluetooth with streaming audio in their car. Also, it will be a lot more expensive to produce then previously planned as we are going full out doing a product that alone could retail for half or more of the value of the car-dock. However, after making the change we experienced negative feedback from our customer base so we reversed the decision and the cable will now be included!"

Zmann, I know you said you had an e-mail from Kim at iBolt but I can only guess that was weeks ago and they have again since changed their minds due to customer feedback.

MikaelPe, good to hear from you again, and thank you for confirming the news on the combo cable.

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
This doesn't make sense as the audio out on the phone does send phone calls to an external device. For instance I plug my phone into my car stereo and listen to music, someone calls and the calls also will sound through my car stereo. Are they saying with the split cable we will lose this capability?

I certainly don't mean to imply anything here, but this was discussed several times in the other older thread about the 1st generation dock specifically for the S III. (Can't remember for sure if it was ever mentioned previously in this thread or not.) But yes, apparently with the audio aux out through the micro-USB port, it's only app audio and not phone call audio. But according to iBolt, it is a Samsung design issue and not anything that iBolt has any control over. Apparently Samsung decided that when using a dock, they expect it to probably be used with Bluetooth for call audio. (Which works just fine for me, though I understand that it may not be ideal for everyone.)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Nothing in any one of them emails says if you order now that is the case. Anyone who has ordered already will receive the cable.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
"Have the Samsung Charging Arm shipped to you NOW along with a 10 ft. USB only charging cable. We will NOT ship you the USB/Aux cable in March but it will be available to buy on Amazon at the end of March if you change your mind and would like it" .

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Nothing in any one of them emails says if you order now that is the case. Anyone who has ordered already will receive the cable.

you're correct it doesn't so why don't you give them an email
that's what I did because I wasn't sure

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

RobFreundlich

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
This doesn't make sense as the audio out on the phone does send phone calls to an external device. For instance I plug my phone into my car stereo and listen to music, someone calls and the calls also will sound through my car stereo. Are they saying with the split cable we will lose this capability?

I certainly don't mean to imply anything here, but this was discussed several times in the other older thread about the 1st generation dock specifically for the S III. (Can't remember for sure if it was ever mentioned previously in this thread or not.) But yes, apparently with the audio aux out through the micro-USB port, it's only app audio and not phone call audio. ... Apparently Samsung decided that when using a dock, they expect it to probably be used with Bluetooth for call audio.

I wonder whether it's the difference between plugging into the headphone jack versus the micro-USB port. If that's the case, then the answer for people who want phone audio through the car stereo is to use the headphone jack instead of the split cable. The catch there, though, might be that if you plug into the headphone jack you can't use the external microphone on the phone - that's how it is with my wife's S3. Does anyone know if that's true with the N2?

Angry_American

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I wonder whether it's the difference between plugging into the headphone jack versus the micro-USB port. If that's the case, then the answer for people who want phone audio through the car stereo is to use the headphone jack instead of the split cable. The catch there, though, might be that if you plug into the headphone jack you can't use the external microphone on the phone - that's how it is with my wife's S3. Does anyone know if that's true with the N2?

As it is right now my external mic on my note 2 works when using the headphone jack. Having to use the headphone jack is going to suck, the whole reason for want the split cable is to cut down on how many cables I have to use and plugin. Using Bluetooth isn't a good option either, its just one more thing to have to charge etc.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I stand corrected,, they changed their mind.,,,,, Chris,We have changed the xProDock for Samsung kit once again. Hopefully for the last time until we get those aux/usb cables in. Everyone who has already ordered the xProDock for Samsung from us up until now and will do so before we get the aux/usb in stock will receive the aux/usb cable in the mail. We have discovered that the cable was one of the main reasons people were interested in this dock. So until we get the aux/usb cables in stock the kit comes with the mount, dock, charging arm and a usb to micro usb charging cable with the aux/usb cable in the mail at the end of March. After the end of March when we have the aux/usb cables in stock the kit will come with the dock, mount, charging arm and the aux/usb cable. Hope this makes sense.Kim

RobFreundlich

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
As it is right now my external mic on my note 2 works when using the headphone jack. Having to use the headphone jack is going to suck, the whole reason for want the split cable is to cut down on how many cables I have to use and plugin. Using Bluetooth isn't a good option either, its just one more thing to have to charge etc.

I'm not thrilled with the phone audio not routing through the micro-USB either. For me, it's not that Bluetooth isn't a *good* option, it's that it's not an option at all. I don't own a Bluetooth headset, I don't *want* a Bluetooth headset, and my car doesn't have built-in Bluetooth. The mic on my N2 is great, so why should I need yet another accessory to deal with when I get in the car?

However, having said that, it's nice to know that I'll be able to use the headphone jack and still use the external mic. I've already got a headphone-to-AUX cable and a charger receptacle wired in beneath my dashboard (currently in use by my GPS, which I will replace with my N2 as soon as I order and receive my xProDock), so for me it's a matter of switching out the charger for the xProDock's charger and running that and the AUX cable up through the existing hole in my dash to the dock. I'll still have to seat the phone into the dock and then plug in the charging arm and the AUX cable (instead of just doing the phone and the arm), but at least given the beneath-dash setup I won't have a lot of cable clutter.

btw, I highly recommend this setup - it eliminates cable clutter and makes things a lot easier to deal with. I got mine done at Best Buy when I bought the GPS quite a few years ago. It was pretty cheap, and the one time I had any trouble with it, they dealt with it for free. (disclaimer: I don't work for Best Buy - I'm just a happy customer)

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I stand corrected,, they changed their mind.,,,,, Chris,We have changed the xProDock for Samsung kit once again. Hopefully for the last time until we get those aux/usb cables in. Everyone who has already ordered the xProDock for Samsung from us up until now and will do so before we get the aux/usb in stock will receive the aux/usb cable in the mail. We have discovered that the cable was one of the main reasons people were interested in this dock. So until we get the aux/usb cables in stock the kit comes with the mount, dock, charging arm and a usb to micro usb charging cable with the aux/usb cable in the mail at the end of March. After the end of March when we have the aux/usb cables in stock the kit will come with the dock, mount, charging arm and the aux/usb cable. Hope this makes sense.Kim

they can expect a LOT of returns if they didn't send out the USB/aux-out cables. :)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
they can expect a LOT of returns if they didn't send out the USB/aux-out cables. :)

Like it says in first line,, they changed their thinking "again". A bit of flip flopping.. Actually they heard the people and listened so must give credit where credit is due.

greatg67

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
To all the Canucks out here - I see that Amazon.com does not ship this product into Canada. Does anyone have any other sources to purchase from?

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
To all the Canucks out here - I see that Amazon.com does not ship this product into Canada. Does anyone have any other sources to purchase from?

not a problem if you live near the US border... plenty of shipping services that will accept your Amazon(or other online order) packages... you just have drive across to pick them up. :)

clh42

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hooray! We're back in business. Placed my order earlier today and by the time I got home from work I already had an e-mail that it was shipped.
Thought I'd give an update on what I got from my order, and I also have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

I placed my order with Amazon on Wednesday, 2/20, and it arrived in my mail that Saturday, 2/23, so I've been playing with it a week now. It did come with the USB charging only cable, but included a certificate indicating that the combo USB/Audio cable would be shipped end of March. One thing it also said that surprised me, apparently even though I did receive the little charging "arm" cable, I will still receive ANOTHER DIFFERENT charging arm cable with the combo cable. I'm interpreting this to mean that the arm cable that I received with the unit is also only built for charging only and not for the audio aux out, so they have to send a new arm cable as well that does support the combo charging/audio.

Now for my 2 questions.

1. Do the suction cups on these types of things (like even for portable navigation unit mounts) ever lose suction, especially after repeated use? I bought this actually mainly for traveling where like I have to get a rental car so I can have navigation using my phone rather than paying the car rental company extra. (I actually already have navigation built in to my own car.) So do I need to worry about the suction cup not sticking some day as I move it between vehicles? Or any concerns with it being stuck on my own windshield for long periods and then moving it to another vehicle? (Like, it may be 6 months or a year before I travel again, so in the mean time I'll still stick it in my car.)

2. How "removable" is the sticky stuff on the dash disk if I were to stick that to my own dash, and then want to remove it a couple years from now? Of course, not that I want to remove it and reuse it. I do have a "luxury" brand of vehicle and although it's a few years away before I would, if I ever want to trade in my car, I want to be able to remove the dash disk without leaving any damage or marks (sticky stuff residue) on the dash that might diminish trade-in value. My dash is a soft vinyl, rather than a hard plastic, if that makes any difference. (Which makes me question if the disk will even stick, but it's worth a try.)

Thank you.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thought I'd give an update on what I got from my order, and I also have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

I placed my order with Amazon on Wednesday, 2/20, and it arrived in my mail that Saturday, 2/23, so I've been playing with it a week now. It did come with the USB charging only cable, but included a certificate indicating that the combo USB/Audio cable would be shipped end of March. One thing it also said that surprised me, apparently even though I did receive the little charging "arm" cable, I will still receive ANOTHER DIFFERENT charging arm cable with the combo cable. I'm interpreting this to mean that the arm cable that I received with the unit is also only built for charging only and not for the audio aux out, so they have to send a new arm cable as well that does support the combo charging/audio.

Now for my 2 questions.

1. Do the suction cups on these types of things (like even for portable navigation unit mounts) ever lose suction, especially after repeated use? I bought this actually mainly for traveling where like I have to get a rental car so I can have navigation using my phone rather than paying the car rental company extra. (I actually already have navigation built in to my own car.) So do I need to worry about the suction cup not sticking some day as I move it between vehicles? Or any concerns with it being stuck on my own windshield for long periods and then moving it to another vehicle? (Like, it may be 6 months or a year before I travel again, so in the mean time I'll still stick it in my car.)

2. How "removable" is the sticky stuff on the dash disk if I were to stick that to my own dash, and then want to remove it a couple years from now? Of course, not that I want to remove it and reuse it. I do have a "luxury" brand of vehicle and although it's a few years away before I would, if I ever want to trade in my car, I want to be able to remove the dash disk without leaving any damage or marks (sticky stuff residue) on the dash that might diminish trade-in value. My dash is a soft vinyl, rather than a hard plastic, if that makes any difference. (Which makes me question if the disk will even stick, but it's worth a try.)

Thank you.

Wouldn't covering the dashboard cause unever wear to the dash from the sun? I have an Acura and have always felt dashboard mounts ruin the look of the vehicle.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site

Now for my 2 questions.

Thank you.

The suction cup can often be renewed simply by washing it in warm water to remove accumulated dirt.

My success with removing glue based things in cars is poor. I cannot say the one iBolt provides is any better or worse. I am not using it as I found a flat spot that is smooth and works well. Since I often drive different vehicles I found a weighted base that accepts suction cups and use that when needed. Something else to carry but does not take up much room.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Before you use suction cup just wipe it with a little alcohol pad and do the same for the spot on the windshield. It will not come off. I have been using for over a month now and have even moved it this week, and then moved it back. I am pretty strong and I have tried several times to grip and rip this off my windshield and if it has been installed properly it will not come off. Remember the alcohol pad tip. I believe it even came with one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer