Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By corymcnutt
  • 1 Post By Uristocles
  • 4 Post By BrownCornelius000
  • 1 Post By jdub1981
  • 2 Post By taniabonita52
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Default Best app for drawing/painting

What have you found for creating artwork on the Note 2? Specifically using the S-pen.
    S-note is ok, but rather limited in settings. S-paper is gimmicky. Other's?

Default Re: Best app for drawing/painting

Take a look at: SketchBook & LayerPaint...Snapseed is great for photos. I am still experimenting so I cannot give a definitive answer on the best one.
    Cory
    Thanked by:
    Casey Cheung likes this.

i like bamboo paper

Infinite Paper works with the S- pen and had great color bleeding physics.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I remember SketchBook being pretty good from the iOS days. Looks like it's here in the Android universe as well. (For both tablet and mobile.)
    Thanked by:
    dar1st 
    dar1st likes this.

Lightbulb Re: Best app for drawing/painting

I just found brilliant app called 'VirtualTablet'.
    It's not drawing app but if you use this app with connected PC, you can take advantage of existing well-known applications like Sketch-book pro or Photoshop.
    If you move your S-Pen on your Galaxy Note, this app transfer the exact movement to the connected PC so that you can actually draw on PC.

I think it could pretty much replace tablet digitizers from Wacom.

check it out on Google Play: http://bit.ly/U7kXYa
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    Take a look at: SketchBook & LayerPaint...Snapseed is great for photos. I am still experimenting so I cannot give a definitive answer on the best one.

Wow, Snapseed is really cool ! I just now downloaded and played around with this app. Looks like Snapseed is made by Nik Software. I had once paid $300 for the Nik Color Efex version 1 as a Photoshop Plug-in several years ago, and had used that countless thousands of times to create great looking enhanced images. It's cool to be able to do some nice image enhancements simply using my Note 2 phone versus Photoshop with my computer. Is Snapseed really a free app? I would have paid for this app!

Casey
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

We created an app that allows you draw + chat with multiple users in real-time.

It's also a social network so can add friends, upload stuff, view a newsfeed etc.

Market: https://play.google.com/store/...

Video:

Let us know what you think!

SketchBook seems to be the best choice so far... it's the layering that gives that an edge...

ROM
    Currently Stock

Definitely tryout Sketchbook!
    Here are a couple of drawings I've done with the app.

Wow! you're really talented

Another really useful Android app to create vector art is Vector Artist
    It's kind of like having proper PC vector art software on your android... almost! It saves in SVG which can be used with most vector art software. And also you can share the PNGs on Tumblr or Dropbox (if you have them installed) which is useful.

It works brilliantly on the Nexus 7 so I would presume it would also work great on the Galaxy Note especially with a pen! Let me know!

My app, Doodledroid supports pressure and is now free. Check it out at the Google Play store...

Thanked by:
    donec 

ROM
    Stock

Best S Pen Apps
    http://bit.ly/13fu3rw

Sent From My Note 2.

Infinite Painter / Infinite Design : https://play.google.com/store/search?q=sean+brakefield

Check Sketchbook from Autodesk (has layers)

Ridin' a Note 2 blast
    Last edited by universeand; 05-15-2013 at 12:31 AM.
    Ridin' a Note 2 blast

The newest, paid Photoshop app, PS Touch, is FINALLY upgraded - has so many features that there is a huge learning curve, much like the real PS for your PC. But if you are into photography, it looks like it is the definitive photo app at this point. I was so disappointed at the original Photoshop app, it was worthless - but it just went to priceless with the newest version.
    Cory

Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts
    ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Ps touch is freakin awesome. I use it on my note 2 and note 8. SPEN is an invaluable tool with this app. There is a bit if a learning but only because it has so many cool tools. Ive had to watch several vids just to learn what each tool does.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk
    corymcnutt likes this.

Ever since I purchased my Galaxy Note 10.1 at the start of this year, I have been on the hunt for a good vector drawing tool. I have only a few criteria I am looking for:
    1. Needs to have a Pen Tool
    2. Needs to have a Blob Tool
    3. Needs to import and export as image files as well as vector files.

Those who are familiar with Adobe Illustrator might be nodding their heads in agreement. Here is my experience so far:

InfiniteDesign
    On the surface, this program meets my needs. It has a proper pen tool, a free hand drawing tool (not Blob, but I'll take it), and it imports and exports the file types I need. However, the program in it's current state is very buggy. zooming forces shapes to resize at their own random sizing. In fact, if it weren't for this problem, I'd be set! Also, the program slows greatly as you add more detail. this may be a limitation of the hardware though. hopefully these issues will be addressed by the creators.

Vector Artist
    A much simpler program, this app has a nice pen tool, a free hand tool (not Blob, again), but no ability to import an image.

ScribMaster
    While i prefer this free hand tool the most, it still insn't a blob tool. at least, i don't think it is since i cannot edit a line once drawn, as far as i can tell. there is no pen tool, but it can import and export the file types I need.

I hope this helps someone in their search. I am open to any suggestions of other apps to try.

Thanks!

First try at sketchbook mobile. I'm in love. I had so much fun drawing this. Thus, I totally recommend it :-)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    "Paint to live. Live to paint."
    corymcnutt and seyirci like this.

Sketch Book Mobile is the Best app out there to draw!! Try the free app first then I assure you wont hesitate to buy the full version! !!

I'd like to suggest my app, DoodleInk. It really takes advantage of the S-Pen using the nib tool. You can see some example artwork created with DoodleInk in the store listing.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...head.doodleink

I've also made a trial apk that you can download directly, if you feel comfortable sideloading an app:

http://www.doodleapps.com/downloads/DoodleInk.apk

After you download it, go to your downloads folder in your file manager ("My Files") and click on the apk to install it. You may have to change a setting to allow unsigned programs to be installed. This version expires on the 30th of August, 2013.

Here's some drawings I made with my own app, DoodleInk. I primarily wrote the app because I couldn't find an app that suited my needs as a cartoonist, and I wanted a portable solution for drawing cartoons on the run. The problems I tried to solve were 1) the response curve of the pen and 2) no programs with a suitable variation of brush widths and hard edged brush strokes. One drawing demonstrates the watercolor tool and the other the nib pen tool.