Can I change the Home Button to pull up Google Now?

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey, everyone. I would like to change the Home button to open up Google Now, and the Menu button to show recent apps. Can this be done?

Someone mentioned Novak launcher. Tried it. I couldn't get it to work. I restarted launcher an all.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

grassysparkie

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello. Sorry i have no idea how to do that with nova launcher but currently I'm using apex launcher and have google now assigned to the home button. And I'm pretty sure you can assign the menu button to lauch apps etc..

I use the pro version but before I purchased I used the free version for testing purposes and everything worked perfectly. The only real difference I noticed between the free and pro version were more transitions for app draw and home screen.

Hope this helps

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Google Now is a jelly bean feature that displays information cards. Like traffic, taking of packages, local weather and spots scores. It's really cool

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
How do I find it?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

One option is to long press the menu button. Or you can long press the home button and select the Google icon in the middle. You can also place the Google icon on the homescreen for easy access.

I have placed the Google icon in the app tray at the bottom of the homescreen as one of the 4 constants.

mdoades71

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey, everyone. I would like to change the Home button to open up Google Now, and the Menu button to show recent apps. Can this be done?

Someone mentioned Novak launcher. Tried it. I couldn't get it to work. I restarted launcher an all.

You may find "home2 shortcut" in the play store helpful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

The paid version of Nova Launcher lets you do this. (I liked it so much I bought the full version...money well spent imho.)

1. You can set the home button to open Google Now.

2. You can set the Menu button (Long-press, that is) to open Recent Apps. I didn't see a way to do it with the short press.

You can pretty much set them to open any Nova function, app, or shortcut. See below:

Screenshot_2012-12-19-22-42-36-1_zps4ad20cc0.jpg

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
One option is to long press the menu button. Or you can long press the home button and select the Google icon in the middle. You can also place the Google icon on the homescreen for easy access.

I have placed the Google icon in the app tray at the bottom of the homescreen as one of the 4 constants.

So google now is exactly the same thing as google?
I really don't understand the difference.

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I use Home2 Shortcut from the google play market. It allows me to program the button so when i double click the home button it will open up google now voice search. I have Nova Launcher Prime installed but i didnt see an option for double tap and i didnt want to be randomly opening up Google Now voice search with the single tap of the home button.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
So google now is exactly the same thing as google?
I really don't understand the difference.

Not exactly, but if you use one of the Google shortcuts mentioned, it will show your Google Now cards below the search bar. This is also where you set up and change your cards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad