Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 2: First thing I don't like.. The alarm clock

Anyone have any suggestions for an alarm clock or a way to use the stock android clock? I love the UI in the note 2 better than the stock one. Stock you have to open the clock, tap the alarm area to leave "dock mode" and create the alarm. Samsung it pulls it right up. However, the Samsung clock, from what I can tell, has no option to turn off automatic snooze after a few minutes. You also cannot change the actual melody it plays to something loud and annoying. Yes, I'm a heavy sleeper. Any suggestions please let me know. Thanks. Sprint GN2.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-01-2014 at 01:04 AM.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default First thing I don't like.. The alarm clock

Jb clock. It's the stock one
    DAS

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts

Default Re: First thing I don't like.. The alarm clock

This is the one I've used for a long time. I used the paid version, but there is a free option.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 2: First thing I don't like.. The alarm clock-uploadfromtaptalk1355918965142.jpg  

Global Posts
    830 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Centro85#AC View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions for an alarm clock or a way to use the stock android clock? I love the UI in the note 2 better than the stock one. Stock you have to open the clock, tap the alarm area to leave "dock mode" and create the alarm. Samsung it pulls it right up. However, the Samsung clock, from what I can tell, has no option to turn off automatic snooze after a few minutes. You also cannot change the actual melody it plays to something loud and annoying. Yes, I'm a heavy sleeper. Any suggestions please let me know. Thanks. Sprint GN2.
    I think I am missing what your issue is with the standard alarm clock. When you create an alarm do you not have a "more" bar at the bottom of the screen that will give you options for volume, tone, and snooze? If you do, and are those options not what you're talking about?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    Galaxy Note II - Rooted - Black Status Bar w/WiFi Toggle
    Thanked by 3:
    Centro85#AC likes this.

ROM
    Stock ICS 4.0.4

I have used myClock for a couple of years now. There's a free one and a paid version that is completely re-written.

Quote Originally Posted by gafly View Post
    I think I am missing what your issue is with the standard alarm clock. When you create an alarm do you not have a "more" bar at the bottom of the screen that will give you options for volume, tone, and snooze? If you do, and are those options not what you're talking about?
    If he is like me, he didn't know he could scroll down. For the first few weeks, I hit "More" and see the volume, so I assumed that is the ONLY thing under More. I have no idea I could scroll down and see a whole freaking screen full of options.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    830 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lostchild View Post
    If he is like me, he didn't know he could scroll down. For the first few weeks, I hit "More" and see the volume, so I assumed that is the ONLY thing under More. I have no idea I could scroll down and see a whole freaking screen full of options.
    Haha

Galaxy Note II - Rooted - Black Status Bar w/WiFi Toggle
    Centro85#AC likes this.
    DAS

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts

Wow! Another day, and more options I didn't know existed. Is there no end to the discoveries on this phone!

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts

That tripped me up too.

Alarmdroid lets me shake or flip the phone for snooze. Does the default app have that somewhere as well by chance? (note, "shake" is set by default as "off" on alarmdroid, it can be changed in the settings to "snooze")

The widget itself also can be scrolled. Scroll down for more alarm slots.

Same here!!!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

That was my issues. I hit more and menu when I setting it up, never scrolled past volume. Those options I was looking for are still there just below volume after you hit more. Thanks for the suggestions.

Alarm Clock Pro was mentioned above, I used that before on a phone that didn't allow custom tones and the alarm was too quiet. That's a good app.

GentleAlarm is great. Love the options, particularly the fade in.

Most nights I dock my phone and let it charge. Dock Clock is a great app for that, it starts when I apply power and it has options to let you really really dim the display.
    But the best thing is when it goes off I can say snooze. Don't even have to lift up my head, much less go groping for it

I also use Gentle Alarm. Great program with lots of features.

There are free and paid versions, but I'm not sure of the differences, since I got the paid version a few years ago when it was the Amazon FAOTD.

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

It's like every other day I learn something new! People are starting to talk about Note 3 while I am still learning Note 2. Amazing!

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

The default alarm lets you yell at it to snooze or quit. To enable that ability, go into s-voice settings and turn on "control apps." As someone who is definitely not a morning person, I find this to be quite cathartic.

Quote Originally Posted by KahneFan View Post
    Alarmdroid lets me shake or flip the phone for snooze. Does the default app have that somewhere as well by chance? (note, "shake" is set by default as "off" on alarmdroid, it can be changed in the settings to "snooze")
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by suzi View Post
    The default alarm lets you yell at it to snooze or quit. To enable that ability, go into s-voice settings and turn on "control apps." As someone who is definitely not a morning person, I find this to be quite cathartic.
    That's (truly) awesome! Not sure if my wife and kids would like it much though

Gentle Alarm alone keeps me the stock App. My wife appreciaties it very much.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Maybe I'm just a noob, but it seems to me that the "day of the week" is always set on the last day that I use the alarm. Say for example, I used the 7AM alarm on Monday, and I want to use it again on Wednesday, I can't just click the clock icon to enable that specific alarm because it'll set it for NEXT Monday. I have to go edit it, unclick M, then click W. Do I make sense? Lol.

I consider myself a very tech-savy person, but this thing is just bugging the hell out of me......
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

I see what you are saying Jenny. Uncheck "Every week." Or just click the alarm icon next to the alarm you made on the days you want to use it.

I'm still having issues with mine. I turned off every option in the more section. Mine is still only going off for 15-30 seconds than auto snoozing for 1-2 minutes. There is no way to make the alarm play constantly until I physically get up and turn it off? Maybe an aftermarket alarm is needed.

Thanks to who ever it was that pointed Out the scroll On 'More'
    That helped!
    Default tone put me into an even deeper sleep
    Missed an international flight......
    Seriously does that tone actually wake anyone?

I don't use an alarm clock often but the past few days I haven't been feeling well and taking meds at night which knocks me out. So I setup an alarm using the stock app. On the Note 2 I use the Briefing alarm type. It gives me the time, weather, schedule and news. I can select if I want the weather, schedule or news.
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast