Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zef05
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking for non-Verizon Note 2 owners - please read

Greetings non-Verizon Note 2 owners,

I have a simple request from you folks that I'm hoping will resolve an issue I'm having and a concern of mine and many others.

I would like for you guys to confirm that your Samsung keyboard has auto-correction as a setting and function with stock firmware. The stock Verizon Note 2, and from what I can tell so far even all custom ROMs lack this function in the basic keyboard, and it's very frustrating.

The setting can be found under: Settings > Language and Input > Samsung Keyboard > Advanced

It should be located there. Please upload a screenshot of this menu if you have it. Here's what it looks like on a Verizon Note 2. I am running Jelly Beans Build 3 but this doesn't change the lack of the function and setting:

Thanks for your time and I look forward to seeing your screenshots and experiences.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

Default Re: Looking for non-Verizon Note 2 owners - please read

This is the Sprint version. I do not see auto correct as an option.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for non-Verizon Note 2 owners - please read-uploadfromtaptalk1355955041364.jpg  

AT&T here and screen is same as yours. I am pretty sure that Samsung Keyboard on any of the version does not have auto correct. To get auto correct you will need to download a different keyboard.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Can you confirm if the keyboard does do auto-correction? Like open up your SMS app and try typing out a text. Type something slightly off like "thr" and see if when you press space it automatically changes to "the."

This is the problem we have on Verizon so far, and I want to confirm if it's a Verizon only issue or a Galaxy Note 2 issue. Thanks.
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    Can you confirm if the keyboard does do auto-correction? Like open up your SMS app and try typing out a text. Type something slightly off like "thr" and see if when you press space it automatically changes to "the."

This is the problem we have on Verizon so far, and I want to confirm if it's a Verizon only issue or a Galaxy Note 2 issue. Thanks.
    I tried your example and it does not auto correct on the Sprint version. I get predictions that I can choose from, but the word will remain misspelled if I hit the space bar.

Note: I do not use this keyboard as my daily driver, I was just testing it out based on your post. I actually use the paid version of Swiftkey 3. I like it much better because not only does it auto correct, but it learns the way I speak and will all but complete sentences for me based on my past input style.

Samsung Keyboard does not do auto correct. If you type teh, you get "teh". You will get a Predicted Text up on top that will give you some options "the", and if you click it, it will correct it. But if you do nothing, it will just leave it as it is. Believe me, it was the first thing I noticed coming from the iPhone. BTW, I have tried other Android phone, they do auto correct. It is just the Samsung Keyboard does not.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks guys. Any other non Sprint or Verizon Note 2 owners out there who can confirm no auto-correct as well?

I'm not sure why the Samsung keyboard doesn't have it. Virtually every other Android phone I've ever used has had it. I know about the text above the keyboard that shows what the phone thinks I might have meant, but it's kind of obnoxious to have to find the word up there, hit it and continue typing instead of just hitting space, like you would on any other Android phone.

So far this is the one and only fault I have with this device. It seems so easy to fix, something as simple as a line of code in a software update so I'm not worried about it for now. But I seriously hope this is just a bug with the release firmware and we can eventually get a fix.

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

On the USCC Note 2, it does the same thing. I tried typing a few different words improperly and pressing the space bar keeps the incorrect word (although the correct word does show in the suggestion bar).

With the stock keyboard, I use the swiping gestures instead of actually typing out words, so I don't ever really notice autocorrect.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

T-Mobile also does not have autocorrect. Teh is still teh and not the. However the settings are a bit different.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for non-Verizon Note 2 owners - please read-screenshot_2012-12-19-22-31-59-1-.png  

Greetings non-Verizon Note 2 owners,

I have a simple request from you folks that I'm hoping will resolve an issue I'm having and a concern of mine and many others.

I would like for you guys to confirm that your Samsung keyboard has auto-correction as a setting and function with stock firmware. The stock Verizon Note 2, and from what I can tell so far even all custom ROMs lack this function in the basic keyboard, and it's very frustrating.

The setting can be found under: Settings > Language and Input > Samsung Keyboard > Advanced

It should be located there. Please upload a screenshot of this menu if you have it. Here's what it looks like on a Verizon Note 2. I am running Jelly Beans Build 3 but this doesn't change the lack of the function and setting:

Thanks for your time and I look forward to seeing your screenshots and experiences.
    Does the Verizon version of the Samsung keyboard have a microphone on the bottom, and when you select it does it remain or does it disappear?. I am trying to see if the microphone issue is isolated to ATT or not. Thanks

Here is a link to the android central thread if you are interested

Note 2 keyboard and voice to Text

Stock swype keyboard auto corrects.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

International version, no specific carrier, no autocorrect option, but yet it does auto correct as I type or write? Sorry, not auto correct, shows me a list of proper words I could use. , wish it would auto space as I'm writing with the pen and pause, that would be great.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I have an international version of the Note II and I don't have that option too. Very frustrating. I wish the default Samsung keyboard has the same auto text like that from the blackberry.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    Jussumguy88 likes this.

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ROM
    touch wiz

Nope.... Doesn't work here either... Just ended up getting swift key... Tmobile phone here btw.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for non-Verizon Note 2 owners - please read-uploadfromtaptalk1356448496810.jpg