uploadfromtaptalk1355976199482.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 315

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Best buy priced matched amazonwireless

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
Best buy is in trouble. They are doing everything they can to stay afloat, but overhead, and the brick and mortar utilities they have is something Amazon doesn't have to worry about. Here's to hoping best buy weathers financial hardships.

SevenThree

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I paid $224 for my Note 2 about 3 weeks ago.

I called a Best Buy Mobile location beforehand, letting them know of Amazon's promotion. Went in and the store manager denied the price match, saying they reserve the right to not price match an online retailer/website. The manager tried offering me a discount on a Flip Cover for the Note 2, but I would much rather have had an extra $125 in my pocket.

I was mad, so I went and read their terms of price matching and sure enough, it's right there in fine print that they reserve the right to deny it and blah blah.

Glad someone was able to get a price match, though!

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I called a Best Buy Mobile location beforehand, letting them know of Amazon's promotion. Went in and the store manager denied the price match, saying they reserve the right to not price match an online retailer/website. The manager tried offering me a discount on a Flip Cover for the Note 2, but I would much rather have had an extra $125 in my pocket.

I was mad, so I went and read their terms of price matching and sure enough, it's right there in fine print that they reserve the right to deny it and blah blah.

Weird that there is no consistency at Best Buy....

imiller913

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I actually upgraded two of my lines to note 2's @ $99 each. I have to go to two stores before they did it, but they have to ship me the phones. But for $99 each I am fine with that. :D

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

If they deny... go somewhere else.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

I would have complained. Their current policy is price match all online retailers. They cannot say no. I would go to another location and if you have no location then go back and insist they get a supervisor on the phone. They're whole thing this year during the holiday is online retailer price matching. The only thing they don't have to do is match the new price for the renewal price. Some will and some don't. My thing would be, go back to store and return your phone if they don't wish to match your price.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I would have complained. Their current policy is price match all online retailers. They cannot say no. I would go to another location and if you have no location then go back and insist they get a supervisor on the phone. They're whole thing this year during the holiday is online retailer price matching. The only thing they don't have to do is match the new price for the renewal price. Some will and some don't. My thing would be, go back to store and return your phone if they don't wish to match your price.

Not exactly true. They have a holiday promotion of matching online retailers ONLY for QUALIFYING products that are marked with "low price guarantee". All other products are subject to normal price match policy.

Still funny that some will, some will not.
You would think they would do it, just to get expected accessories sales.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

SevenThree

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Weird that there is no consistency at Best Buy....

If they deny... go somewhere else.

Not exactly true. They have a holiday promotion of matching online retailers ONLY for QUALIFYING products that are marked with "low price guarantee". All other products are subject to normal price match policy.

Still funny that some will, some will not.
You would think they would do it, just to get expected accessories sales.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Yeah. On my initial purchase, I got Best Buy to price match a Cyber Monday price from Amazon. But they made a mistake inputting the price match.
So I didn't want to go back to that particular store to do it. I'm going to try again with a couple other locations to see if they'll do it.