What bloatware on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 are safe to remove

K4Y

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
What bloatware apps are safe to remove from the note 2 i ask this because when i have nothing on my task manger and when i go to ram it shows i am using 841mb out of 2gb of ram. Now once i clear the ram it says 49 application removed and shows 678mb ram being used. Now am new to the android platform and don't know if this is normal. I have the note 2 GT-N7100 and hopefully this thread will help others like my self who want to remove the bloatware apps that are included in the phone. Also if i do delete the bloatware apps will this cause problems like not being able to update OTA and not being able to use other features like s note etc

Warstein

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the same phone. I find, however, that the Google and Samsung apps, at least on my phone, do NOT allow for removal (at least not easily). The choice that shows when you're in the application manager, and you open one of the apps to "uninstall", is UNINSTALL UPDATES. If you click on any other app you can then select UNINSTALL. So, welcome to the world of bloatware. I'm not proficient at removing bloatware and the responses I've seen are full of abbreviations that I'm not yet familar with.

digital0verdose

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
What bloatware apps are safe to remove from the note 2 i ask this because when i have nothing on my task manger and when i go to ram it shows i am using 841mb out of 2gb of ram. Now once i clear the ram it says 49 application removed and shows 678mb ram being used. Now am new to the android platform and don't know if this is normal. I have the note 2 GT-N7100 and hopefully this thread will help others like my self who want to remove the bloatware apps that are included in the phone. Also if i do delete the bloatware apps will this cause problems like not being able to update OTA and not being able to use other features like s note etc

Unless you root your phone you will not be able to uninstall any of the bloatware.

That said, when you ended those processes you didn't end bloatware processes. All you did was shut down processes the phone was not using at that time. Use your phone for a short period of time and you will see that ram usage creep back up as things are loaded into memory to help faster starts and recall later.

If you want to make it so you are not as aware of the bloatware, you can, while in the application menu, hit the menu touch button on the phone, hide apps and then select the ones you no longer want to see.

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
You can disable the applications via the application manager in the settings. Disabling won't remove them as that is impossible without root, but they won't be running so you'll save RAM and battery.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If you still have over a gig of RAM free, don't even worry about it. Some apps - by design - stay in memory even when not being used, it makes your phone faster when you start them, or other apps that depend on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol