Putting books on my Kindle on the Note ll?

ShelaghDB

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
im goiong to delete and redownload as i am not sure what i did--------ok perhaps this is the problem

i have an account, manage yur devices etc but i dont see any mention of WHICH device is registered

ShelaghDB

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Lostchild:

Thank you very much, it FINALLY worked. As much as I love this phone, I have to say that the iPHone was MUCH EASIER to install eBooks on but now that i know how to do it here, it wont be a problem and I have jut received the two I sent so far.

I have 1.000 ebooks /sighs

BTW, I am a member of a fantastic forum online that you an get all of the best sellers for free..........mostly but not always in mobi format, but I just use a program called CALIBRE that immediately converts them to whatever format I want, as well as injects all the information for them..........but the forum I belong to is free, although worth donating $20 a year to if one can........but a second forum there is full of peoples own books they have uploaded or if you need a book someone will get it for you, plus every month they have the NY Times best book list and each book is there.....etc

If anyone wants the url to it, just PM me or send me an email through hitting my contact if you can as i dont want to list it here on the forum.

ShelaghDB

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
One last question as I have several monthly magazines in pdf format I might cosier reading on this bigger screen...........do i put them o my kindle the same way?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
with that many books it would just be easier to connect your phone to your computer as a drive and copy and paste them into the kindle folder. i also love calibre it's awesome. i convert all my books to txt with that and us ireader....but everyone tends to find a reader that does the trick for them.

Journeyman2

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
New user with a similar problem: I just downloaded a new Kindle ebook called "Start" onto my Galaxy Note 2, and used a Play Store app called File Manager to move it into the following location on my phone:

/storage/sdcard0/kindle/start_ebook_kindle.txt

Then, when I open my Kindle app, the book still doesn't show. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
New user with a similar problem: I just downloaded a new Kindle ebook called "Start" onto my Galaxy Note 2, and used a Play Store app called File Manager to move it into the following location on my phone:

/storage/sdcard0/kindle/start_ebook_kindle.txt

Then, when I open my Kindle app, the book still doesn't show. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

That's because the Android Kindle app does not read .txt format file. I think the real Kindle does, but not the Kindle app. You will have to convert the .txt into .mobi format. You can find free tools online by searching for "convert txt into mobi".

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
There is a new update on the android Kindle app just came out. It now has a category "doc". I think .txt file may now show up under "doc", but I haven't tried it yet. But it is how it works on a regular kindle. mobi files show up under "book" and .txt files show up under "doc". If that works, you don't have to convert your files to mobi.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
There is a new update on the android Kindle app just came out.
I got that update today. I can't figure out how to get it to retain the setting to only show what's on my Note. Now every time I open it, it shows every book I ever purchased. What a pain, if you touch the wrong one while strolling through the wheel it reinstalls it. I haven't been able to find a way to get the older version back.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I got that update today. I can't figure out how to get it to retain the setting to only show what's on my Note. Now every time I open it, it shows every book I ever purchased. What a pain, if you touch the wrong one while strolling through the wheel it reinstalls it. I haven't been able to find a way to get the older version back.

Click the menu button located at upper left corner. Pick On Device and it will show you what's on your Note II. Problem is that you have to do it every time you got back to the main menu from a book. It seems that Amazon wants you to look at their Home page so you will see the suggested books down below for you to buy. :p BTW, my home page has like Sci Fi books (mine), kids books (my son's), and books with half naked guys and girls (romance novels for my wife)!

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I never did find a way to retain that On Device setting, but I did figure that if you long press a book one of the popup options is to remove from carousel.

suveron

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I had a battle on Friday with getting my books from iMac to Galaxy Note 3, and the comments here were useful - but finally I uploaded book in epub to Google Playbooks. Almost instant transfer to the Note 3, and very easy to read. I can now retire my Kindle 1