8 Hours screen on time. Wow.

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
2193xck.png

qp3zw3.png

You saw it here first. 8 hours of screen on time with an Android device.
Apocalyptic no? <3 you, Samsung.

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
x2. I'm usually at ~60% at around 12 hours, with 2-3 hours screen on time. That's also 1-2 hours streaming Play Music over bluetooth with the screen off though.

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm stock right now running Nova launcher (free). My brightness for 90 percent of this was all the way down / 0 percent.
I'm rooted but haven't tinkered with anything...

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't get me phone untill xmas day so am not familiar with the settings but I don't understand your answer to the brightness question, is yours set to auto or is it on a certain %?

Thanks

Andy

I'm stock right now running Nova launcher (free). My brightness for 90 percent of this was all the way down / 0 percent.
I'm rooted but haven't tinkered with anything...

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't get me phone untill xmas day so am not familiar with the settings but I don't understand your answer to the brightness question, is yours set to auto or is it on a certain %?

Thanks

Andy

My brightness was all the way down (I guess, off) for the majority of the time I was using the device, as I was indoors all day.

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
The note 2 has me intrigued for some reason but not because of battery life. So I guess somebody's gotta do it. How does Google Chrome take up equally as much battery as 8 hours of screen time? Airplane mode? Or just leaving your screen on and not using it?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
@ 2 posts above - I could see fine with the brightness all the way down since I was indoors. And no I didn't just leave the display on and use Google Chrome (even if so, that's still impressive considering I have 17 hrs total use). I was using Google Chrome for surfing the Web and lot and I guess it got to the same level as the screen...?

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I didn't buy the phone with battery life in mind, but it is quickly becoming one of my favorite features. First few days I had it I was getting home with 14-15 hours uptime and over 4 hours screen on time and hadn't dipped below 50%. Rooted last night and installed Whomp, so we'll see what happens to the battery life.

Sent from my LTEVO