I love my gnexus but dang is that note II nice

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I took a trip to verizon today with my brother because he was due for an upgrade. While I was there I took a look at the galaxy note II. Now I'm no noob, I knew what kind of features the note 2 was capable of but they never really appealed to me until I saw them in action. First, that screen! It's so big and so nice and so clear. It dwarfs my gnex screen. Also, the phone is so much faster as opening up apps than my gnex, and the multitasking is really cool on the note 2. The only thing I think I will miss on my gnex is stock android, although it's not like we got updates right away anyway. Touchwiz actually didn't seem that bad and pretty similar to stock android when I was playing with it, so maybe it won't be so bad. I am interested to hear in other experiences with previous gnex users that switched to the note 2. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my jelly bean flavored nexus.

pd240

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I switched from a gnex. It was hard to give up on a phone with so much developer support but the note2 outperforms the gnex in almost every way. The only thing that took some getting used to was the size. I don't mind the overall theme of touch wiz but I had to replace the launcher with Nova Prime. It provides a good balance between a stock feel and the custom skin. It was an added bonus when the bootloader was unlocked on the vzw note 2, the custom roms are already showing to be really good.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I too came from a gnex, my friend. Trust me, with Nova Prime launcher you'll feel right at home. This phone is so fantastic. I've never use the word 'fantastic' before. But that's the only way to describe the phone and the experience. The S-Pen comes in handy, the stock browser is better then chrome, because Flash does not crash at all. Yet..

Go for it, you won't be disappointed. Checking the Note 2 out at the Verizon store closed the deal for me. I knew I had to have it after toying with it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I'm a little worried about is the size, but it may be worth the risk for the amazing battery life that the note 2 gets.

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I'm a little worried about is the size,

...That's what she said

No seriously though, after using the Note 2 for a week you'll of gotten used to the larger phone. I'm about a month in from owning my Note 2 and it feels normal now, every other phone I see or pick up is laughably tiny in comparison.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the Nexus, I haven't missed it one single bit compared to the quad-core power, nicely sized bright screen AND awesome battery life of my Verizon Note 2.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
...That's what she said

No seriously though, after using the Note 2 for a week you'll of gotten used to the larger phone. I'm about a month in from owning my Note 2 and it feels normal now, every other phone I see or pick up is laughably tiny in comparison.

Hahahah. I set myself up for that one

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante