Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 w/ iPhone 4S plan APN?

n33dy1

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I am currently on an AT&T contract for an iPhone 4S, so I am using that plan. I purchased this international version of the Galaxy Note 2:

Newegg.com - Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 White 3G Unlocked Cell Phone w/ 5.5" Super AMOLED Touch Screen / Bluetooth 4.0

I cannot send or receive images with the Galaxy Note 2. My speeds bounce from 3G to H to H+. On the iPhone 4S, it said 4G, but I assume that was really just H+.

What APN settings do I use to send/receive images and have the fastest speeds possible while using my AT&T iPhone 4S data plan?

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I worked for AT&T cust care once upon a time.
And I don't think (not sure if it is possible with todays technology) that data will work if you are subscribed to an iPhone Data plan. Because before, iPhones and BlackBerry's have their own data plans, as in it is specified for the device.
You need to ask AT&T's cust care people to change your data plan from iPhone to a Smartphone only data plan. Although I'm not sure if you can keep your unlimited iPhone Data plan if you switch. (I just assumed you're subscribed to unlimited data).

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

dealnerd00

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the ATT unlimited data plan since 2009 and am able to transfer it to my gn2 with no problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

mustangr2

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I had similar problem when I switched from an iphone to a note. U might want to check your old iphone and go into the settings on the iphone and uncheck the imessage setting. I did that and that work for me esp when I was receiving pic messages from another iphone user

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the ATT unlimited data plan since 2009 and am able to transfer it to my gn2 with no problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

That's good to hear. Before it was hard for them to transfer from iPhone unlimited data to a smartphone unlimited data. It was such a horrible experience for both parties (customer and representatives).

Well, since there ain't no fuss about it now.
I strongly recommend you call AT&T to make the switch. :D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

n33dy1

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I had similar problem when I switched from an iphone to a note. U might want to check your old iphone and go into the settings on the iphone and uncheck the imessage setting. I did that and that work for me esp when I was receiving pic messages from another iphone user

THIS DID IT!

I put my SIM card in my aunt's iPhone 4, disabled iMessages, took my SIM card out, put her's back in and enabled iMessages for her again, and mine was able to send to iPhones and stuff just fine! Yaaaaay! I actually found this answer elsewhere before getting to read this guy's post but I thanked it anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude