note 2 glass is broken

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I completely agree. Best investment I made by getting ins. Taking no chances. Retail cost would kill me

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
anyone in canada able to get it insured? and through who? had to get my screen replaced, but its still a bit wonky will be able to do a trade in through bestbuy since there isn't any visible device damage but would like to protect myself in the future.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine is through best buy... 10 x 24 = 240. No deductible. Asurion through Sprint is 11 a month plus a 200 deductible so.... we see who got the better deal. Anytime I break my phone, it's gonna be smashed..... So they can't be like "we can't find the problem"

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

You might find it useful to keep your criminal-like activities to yourself lol.

** these are just words **

raisinbrannon

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
It is very hard to break on direct impact..... Most break because of being in pockets and being flexed in awkward angles when receiving impact. I've seen videos of hammers and other objects pounding on it without breaking

sent from Galaxy Note 2

The first week I bought my Note, my phone fell from 2-3 feet from a futon onto hardwood and it shattered the entire screen. I was using a TPU case along with a screen protector.
Luckily I had insurance. I've never shattered a phone on accident before.

thetruckinglife

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
sorry to hear your screen broke.
is it me or does the Galxay Note II design make it a droppable phone?
i have almost dropped my several time, mostly when i am taking picture.
think this happens cause its so thin.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine is through best buy... 10 x 24 = 240. No deductible. Asurion through Sprint is 11 a month plus a 200 deductible so.... we see who got the better deal. Anytime I break my phone, it's gonna be smashed..... So they can't be like "we can't find the problem"

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

If you pay for 2 years in advance, the cost is around $7 power month. You can cancel at anytime and get a prorated refund

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Chocu1a

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
sorry to hear your screen broke.
is it me or does the Galxay Note II design make it a droppable phone?
i have almost dropped my several time, mostly when i am taking picture.
think this happens cause its so thin.
\
This, plus there is much more surface glass, so it is more likely to break.

Dominic Tanner

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Um just so you know. All glass is scratch resistant. The only thing that can scratch or cut glass is diamonds. When u see a scratch on a phones glass touch digitiser it is not a scratch it is a chip in the glass. The gorilla glass is the same as any glass. Just a little thicker not even enough to notice compared to devices without it. He is right its all bull. I dropped mine today almost being hit by a semi jumping a curb at a corner and let me tell you I even stopped it with my foot and it still cracked in some places. Gorilla glass and non gorilla glass are the same thing. Whether its a milimeter thicker or not it will break the same as all others. Direct force on the front has nothing to do with it. Yes peolle hit them with hammers but the sheer surface area of the hammer applied direct force in a bigger area thus the glass obsorbes the blow to an extend however this may invisibly weaken the glass. Same goes for people running them over. It is costly to fix but I suggest you fix it through samsung. This is because a DIY will void the warranty and any other glass put in by a technician not hired by Samsung voids the warranty. However by replacing it with Samsung your warranty is thereby reissues for the remaining amount of time left on its time period. Thus you will be able to have thing fixed that are covered under the warranty after you have replaced the screen through them and your warranty is reinstated. This may cost you around $180 to $250 depending on where you live.

m638

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I have always taken very good care of my phones. And have dropped my note 2 a couple times by accident falling out of my purse. I do have a case very strong one. This last weekend the phone fell not to far but on the glass side...no scratches at all but a little rock ding. once I touched it...it cracked all the way across. I'm so not happy. I have bought insurance for my husbands because he always breaks or looses his phone. Well didn't buy insurance because I've never needed it...well I won't be doing that again...the glass is not crack proof at all. as careful as you may be.

Capt DEVO

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Any new suggestions how to replace broken glass on the Note 2? Or, does anyone have experience using the replacement glass you can buy online to replace yourself? I can't find a replacement that uses gorilla glass, willing to try regular glass with a high quality screen protector.

I think there are two big factors that make it easier to crack the glass on the Note2: 1) the phone is heavier; 2) viewing area goes closer to the edge of the phone itself.

I owned a SamGS II before I got the Note2, and it is much lighter and there's more edge on the front face. I dropped the SII several times, with and without a case. I'm not unusually careless or clumsy, but hey, life happens. Usually I'm fumbling on the way down so its only from 2' - 3' up and usually onto vinyl tile floor, hardwood floor, carpet, etc, rarely onto concrete. It survived all drops without the least damage. I kept it after I deactivated it, using it as a "mini-tablet" (as my kids call it) and primarily as a media center remote control over my home wi-fi (Unified Remote app to control my p.c. function displayed on my home theater tv, controlling Windows Media Center, casting to my Google Chrormecast, etc). I mention this to say that I'm even less careful with it now since it's not used as a phone at all... whatev...

Anyways I've always tried to be more careful with my Note2 and for a long time was keeping it in a monster-bulky otterbox 98% of the time. Very protective, but the sleek, glossy, beautiful phone... in the case... looks blocky, plastic-y, gray, dingy and the clear plastic screen cover is not shiny or slick in the least. The 2% of the time outside the otterbox its in a thin, minimal snap-on plastic cover that maybe provides a tiny bit of protections. No screen protector since it will be returned into the otterbox at some point. The reason I would take it out is because I'm going out somewhere nice and may want to pull my phone out a few times and just wanted it to look more decent than the white and gray plastic brick of otterbox.

And that is when I would have a very minor drop. Once it was from no more than 2 feet up onto a relatively softer/forgiving wooden floor. It was only the next day, in bright sunlight, that I noticed a very tiny crack on the top edge. I was extremely careful for a few days. No more drops. The crack stayed exactly the same. I put it back into the otterbox and within a few days the pressure of the fit of the otterbox caused the crack to slowly grow downward at a forty five degree angle to the middle of the opposite side. The only fortunate thing is it didn't spider out or shatter anymore than that.

My wife has an SIII in a minimal, thin, sort of hard rubber cover. It's not hard brittle plastic, not gummy silicone, kinda in between. Very similar to the cover I had on my Note2. She has dropped her phone a few times (we have kids, so it could get knocked off a table or from the back of the sofa, etc) and she has never had a problem.

I really believe the weight of the Note2 is a big factor. Possibly something about the internal build, also, since they're trying so hard to really maximize the size of the display but then minimize the thickness and the amount of non-viewable edge.

We have a local tech repair store that will charge $135, and I'm about a year away from being able to upgrade.

StarkillerFIN

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Note 2 doesn't have the Gorilla Glass. Only Notes 1 and 3 do.

By the way, I can't understand people who think that just having Gorilla Glass makes the screen scratch-proof. Lol.

Posted via Android Central App

vannah23

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a samsung note 2 and my 3 year old was about to run across the road while i was texting, so in my rush to grab her i dropped my phone and when i picked it up the screen was smashed, and it wasnt even that high up off the ground. So why you guys say that gorilla glass is hard to break is beyond me, because i am living proof that just by dropping it, it smashed so it cant be that thick, and it was even in a wallet which is even more confusing. Ive had quotes on replacing the glass at around $3-$400..I love this phone though its an awesome phone
:D

Mike Putnik

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Just answer the question if you know .
Why can't people be short and to the point , spare me unnecessary comments , if you know more than the one asking question answer , if not , say nothing , don't tell me about if's and maybes or could be .

saccio1

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
finally i decide to buy a rugged phone! They are cheaper and more resistant. I have bought a AGM x1 and it's incredible, no screen protector, no insurrance... And the performance are good

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay