Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    10,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Default Re: Terrible, terrible battery life on the Note 2.

I am going to be honest folks, it is not unusual to get days off the battery. Some times a low signal and heavy use may negate you to only 14-16 hours if you are zapping the juice almost constantly. 9.9/10 rate the battery life as stellar. If you are not seeing typical results like those posted, then get a new battery because this is one of those devices on the market that the "majority" are having great success with lasting a full day.
    tooter123 likes this.

I have a 3.8V 6200mah extended battery and with t-mobile dc-hspa+ 42 connected, wifi on, bluetooth on, gps on, nfc on, audio streaming constantly, web browsing on cell and wifi throughout day, watching 720p video, playing taxing 3d games, screen set to maximum brightness always, pretty much no battery saver functions enabled at all and a 3 minute screen timeout with email updating every 10 min and skype messenger always running and some real time feeds updating. As an example Start the day at 8:00AM by 6:00PM when I get home I'll have between 68-64% battery remaining by midnight I'm around 45-50% depending how heavy I used it. If after this extremely heavily used day I forget to charge it and I take it to work with about 40% left on it I can still abuse it again a whole day at work and be at about 8-10%.

This is why you got to love the extended battery. You just cannot do what I just said with the 3100mah battery samsung provides.

But to original poster, Do you have to put the phone in airplane mode everytime you reboot your phone or just once? This would be awesome if I could get 3 days of battery abuse on my phone instead of 2.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts

Mine has been great.

This was my first run-down..it has only gotten better too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Terrible, terrible battery life on the Note 2.-screenshot_2012-12-28-23-09-16.png   Terrible, terrible battery life on the Note 2.-screenshot_2012-12-28-23-09-32.png  

Mine has been awesome.

No doubt the battery life is awesome. Look at this on my 3rd day. I still trying to figure out why Google MAPS is pulling battery because I haven't used it. :/

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on Tapatalk.

Having a battery widget is useless as the stock ui reads %. Try a task killer. I use one and my battery is great and screen is anyways #1 on battery use like it's supposed to be

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Razr ics rooted

ROM
    4.1.2 Stock

Here's my first real pull. No power save on and this is pretty average usage. Also I'm in an LTE area so take that into consideration.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Terrible, terrible battery life on the Note 2.-uploadfromtaptalk1357024971829.jpg   Terrible, terrible battery life on the Note 2.-uploadfromtaptalk1357024985154.jpg  

This is amazing stuff - normal usage.

Hi all,
    After an initial bad battery life, (because I had used it straight out of the box without charging, and let it discharge quite low into the red, thought that my battery was doomed). After allowing it to discharge till dead, and charging for more than 12 hours continuously over a period of a week I was able to improve on battery life, I got the best battery life on stock jelly bean, 6th day and 66%!. Now I don't discharge it to more than 40% to 50%, and I always disconnect the charger after a short while, of full charge. This charge cycle gives the best and most battery life.
    While watching HD mkv 1080 format videos, battery discharges at the rate of 1% for every 10 minutes (and this is outdoors), and listening to music, I have everything tweaked in the equalizer including reverb and the works, drain is not noticeable. MX video player drains the battery faster than stock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Terrible, terrible battery life on the Note 2.-2013-01-08-13-39-16.jpg   Terrible, terrible battery life on the Note 2.-2013-01-18-19-22-07.jpg   Terrible, terrible battery life on the Note 2.-2013-01-25-11-29-57.jpg  
    Last edited by Paul Sd; 03-26-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123