How do I clear my cache/browsing history?

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

I just got my phone yesterday and just love it but I am new to Android and haven't a clue how to clear cookies etc.

I read that you go into settings and then applications, well I can't see a heading with applications on there so can anyone help me sort this out

but please explain in very SIMPLE terms :)

Also does anyone use the power saving on the battery?

I just don't know what settings to use/turn off etc :)

Thanks

Andy

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Power saving mode is cool but slows down your cpu and performance just slightly. I think the note 2 is quad core so I doubt you'll notice the difference significantly. Go into settings in the browser and I think it's in security, then it should have an option to clear everything or individual browsing history and cookies. If u go into applications and clear all data, it will delete all saved passwords and all data from the browser. If u don't want that then just go with the first option. Hope that helps.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks very much for taking the time to help I won't use the power saving then :) I have clicked on settings and then security but there is no option in there to clear cache, also I can see applications manager but no heading saying applications I haven't downloaded any apps yet as I wouldn't have a clue what i need to get anyway :) I told you I was new to Androind!

Andy

Power saving mode is cool but slows down your cpu and performance just slightly. I think the note 2 is quad core so I doubt you'll notice the difference significantly. Go into settings in the browser and I think it's in security, then it should have an option to clear everything or individual browsing history and cookies. If u go into applications and clear all data, it will delete all saved passwords and all data from the browser. If u don't want that then just go with the first option. Hope that helps.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Go into settings then privacy and security. Top two choices, clear history, cache. This is for stock browser.

Hi again well this phone is standard out of the box but in settings there isn't a haeding for privacy! There is one for secutirty but nothing in there to clear browser!

weird hey?

Andy

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Open the browser first, then tap the menu button at the bottom of the phone on the left. A menu appears and one of the options is settings. The privacy/security options will then show when you choose that.

This menu is specifically for the browser.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Open the browser first, then tap the menu button at the bottom of the phone on the left. A menu appears and one of the options is settings. The privacy/security options will then show when you choose that.

He kept saying he was new to Android but not a total virgin... Sheesh! I didn't realize I had to be that specific but you handled it.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks chaps it worked and I do apologise as I didn't realise you meant the button on the actual phone on the left

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
:))) I did say simple terms and I meant it :) thanks for your help and patience.

Andy

He kept saying he was new to Android but not a total virgin... Sheesh! I didn't realize I had to be that specific but you handled it.

megha_7c

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi
So i went to settings and cleared cache and history. But if I opwn my browser and press back button. all the previous seraches come back. I also downloaded and app eraser' tp help but its still the same. Anyone can help pls

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Clean master can do what you want. Its a very easy to use abd understand cleaner type app. However if you want to learn your note 2 a bit better it maybe better to do it manually the first time.

Settings/application manager/all. Search through this section and look for the specific apps in which you want to reset stuff then open the app and on the screen you should see options for clear cache and clear data among other things. the one you want to focus on is clear data. Clearing this remove things like remembered passwords and things like this. If you push clear data a popup will cone up explaining what it does. Then clear cache. Regular cache clearing is good for your device as it frees up space on internal memory.

Clean master can do all these things and you can set it to do them automatically like once a week/2weeks/monthly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi
So i went to settings and cleared cache and history. But if I opwn my browser and press back button. all the previous seraches come back. I also downloaded and app eraser' tp help but its still the same. Anyone can help pls

What do you mean press back button and searches come back. Pressing back button on my phone makes me back to a previous screen.

I find that android doesnt have a unified settings page and while some settings seem to be exactly the same they need to be setup in every app inorder to function correctly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks very much for taking the time to help I won't use the power saving then :) I have clicked on settings and then security but there is no option in there to clear cache, also I can see applications manager but no heading saying applications I haven't downloaded any apps yet as I wouldn't have a clue what i need to get anyway :) I told you I was new to Androind!
Andy

The point of going to the phone application manager is to find the settings for the browser app called Internet and then to clear cache and clear data. You start by hitting the menu button while you are on your home screen and then choosing Application manager. Tab to All then find Internet. Press the Clear cache and Clear data buttons.

R7432

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for explaining the alternative method of using the Application Manager to clear browser data. That worked. For some reason, the method of opening the browser then going into Settings > Privacy & Security > Clear Cache, Clear History and Clear Cookie Data absolutely did not work on my Droid Bionic.

dawn mclean

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: How do I clear my cache/browsing history in google on Maxx2?

I have an Android Maxx2. How do I clear the Google History and keep it from accumulating. I have already tried everything I could find on the subject.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm