Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Default Get a free Flip Cover and NFC Tectiles by registering it with Samsung

Same sucky pink cover here....

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

Default Re: Get a free Flip Cover and NFC Tectiles by registering it with Samsung

Got mine today, too. In pink, but pink is what I wanted. I'm glad I didn't pay $30 for the cover. I haven't played with the tectiles yet.

Sent from my Note 2

Default Re: Get a free Flip Cover and NFC Tectiles by registering it with Samsung

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck View Post
    Well, whoopie. I got my pink cover today.

It's pink.

Will try to sell or give it away.
    Free is free but obviously pink isn't too well accepted among Note II owners. I for one wouldn't use it to be honest.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

I was able to snag up a mint cover before they ran out. Haven't received it yet but I'll post up some pics of it when I get it. I have an orange cover and ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would so I'm going to reserve my judgement on the mint until I actually see it in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Heifzilla View Post
    Got mine today, too. In pink, but pink is what I wanted. I'm glad I didn't pay $30 for the cover. I haven't played with the tectiles yet.

Sent from my Note 2
    What are the tectiles used for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

All I keep getting I'd 50% off codes

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk

Maybe they're sending out the pink ones first because they felt bad if that's all that was left...

Should have asked this in my original post...if you've received it, where do you live, and do you have a Note 2 or Galaxy S3? I figure this will help those of us who are still waiting at least get an idea of when we can expect them...I'm waiting on a lime green one for the GS3.

Nashville, TN - Note 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something JB

Good to see them landing though

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches36 View Post
    What are the tectiles used for?

Tectiles are little tiles that you can program tasks for your phone to do when you touch your NFC enabled device to it. Check out how they work on YouTube if you want to see

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Quote Originally Posted by kj11aw View Post
    Should have asked this in my original post...if you've received it, where do you live, and do you have a Note 2 or Galaxy S3?
    Chicagoland.

Sent from my Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    Tectiles are little tiles that you can program tasks for your phone to do when you touch your NFC enabled device to it. Check out how they work on YouTube if you want to see

Thank you....

I have a generic flip cover and although I like it and it does look sophisticated I couldn't leave it on my phone too long. Not much protection if it ever fell. I do like it for the office though. Keeps screen covered from wandering eyes. I wish Samsung would give them out again. I had the 50% off coupon but couldn't use it because the tectiles were backordered.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

tectiles are FANTASTIC.

I can only imagine what the general public and apple supporters would say, if it was presented as a feature on the iphone.

I have two tectiles in the garage, when I leave it turns off wifi, turns on bluetooth, and turns on GPS. When I come home, it turns off bluetooth and gps, turns on wifi, and connects to the preferred network that I've assigned it to.

Could I just as easily do all that by swiping down on the notification bar? Sure, but this is far easier and quite a convenience once you start using it.

Quote Originally Posted by seoulbrova View Post
    tectiles are FANTASTIC.

I can only imagine what the general public and apple supporters would say, if it was presented as a feature on the iphone.

I have two tectiles in the garage, when I leave it turns off wifi, turns on bluetooth, and turns on GPS. When I come home, it turns off bluetooth and gps, turns on wifi, and connects to the preferred network that I've assigned it to.

Could I just as easily do all that by swiping down on the notification bar? Sure, but this is far easier and quite a convenience once you start using it.
    I need to do this. Place some in my car maybe to activate blue tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I need to do this. Place some in my car maybe to activate blue tooth.

not only could you have it set to activate bluetooth, but i have one in my wife's car so that it turns on bluetooth, opens Pandora, sets a specific volume level, and automatically starts playing. Instead of getting in the car and running through a bunch of taps on the screen, she touches her phone to the tectile and everything starts on it's own.
    tetaganda likes this.

Global Posts
    665 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seoulbrova View Post
    tectiles are FANTASTIC.

They work by tapping it to the chip correct? Doesn't work as a proxy sensor does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Flexia View Post
    They work by tapping it to the chip correct? Doesn't work as a proxy sensor does it?
    it works with NFC. You write the tectiles with a desired task and every time you touch your NFC enabled device, it will perform whatever tasks were assigned to that tectile. There are more in depth videos on YouTube for you to get an idea of how they work.

Got mines today.. Not a bad gift at all.. I may use it in public to keep people from reading my screen..

Got my Orange flip cover and TecTiles this morning ... Im in Maryland right outside DC. Not really sure what im gonna do with this orange cover, not really my color lol, but the TecTiles will come in handy!!

Quote Originally Posted by ejb1013 View Post
    Got my Orange flip cover and TecTiles this morning ... Im in Maryland right outside DC. Not really sure what im gonna do with this orange cover, not really my color lol, but the TecTiles will come in handy!!
    Got mine today. .bfe Kentucky no idea yet what going to do with textiles yet

Got mine today and not really digging the Orange so if anyone has the other colors (not pink) I would love to trade.

Aside from the color, fit and function are great. Just hope I find something I can take out in public.

Thanks Sammy!

Why so much hate for pink? Lol

Sent from my Note 2

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Got mine today also

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Get a free Flip Cover and NFC Tectiles by registering it with Samsung-uploadfromtaptalk1358478917491.jpg  

Mine came yesterday and I am in Ohio. I had the choice of orange and pink (I really wanted the lime green) & since I can't stand pink, I went with the obnoxious orange. But hey...it was free so no complaints here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast