Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DroidXcon
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can you turn off the verbal notification when you open/close an app folder?

The one that loudly proclaims "the folder is open/closed?"

It's really very annoying and I can't find anything in the "sound" settings to turn it off.

Is there a way to disable this?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Can you turn off the verbal notification when you open/close an app folder?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
    The one that loudly proclaims "the folder is open/closed?"

It's really very annoying and I can't find anything in the "sound" settings to turn it off.

Is there a way to disable this?
    I can only imagine this is car mode. Pull down the notification bar and toggle car mode. Please let me know if this helps
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
    Johnly 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Can you turn off the verbal notification when you open/close an app folder?

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    I can only imagine this is car mode. Pull down the notification bar and toggle car mode. Please let me know if this helps
    Thanks but "car mode" is off and it still gives me the verbal notification that I was talking about.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

This should be talkback mode. Go to setting/accessibility/talk back mode. Adjust setting from there.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

It's talkback mode

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for all the suggestions but I now found out what was the problem -- LightFlow. Someone on another forum suggested that there had been some talk that this was a bug with LightFlow and indeed it was. As soon as I uninstalled LightFlow, the problem was gone. Open and shut app folders and complete silence (yay).

Does anyone know of a good LED controller that will work well with the Note2?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Thanks for all the suggestions but I now found out what was the problem -- LightFlow. Someone on another forum suggested that there had been some talk that this was a bug with LightFlow and indeed it was. As soon as I uninstalled LightFlow, the problem was gone. Open and shut app folders and complete silence (yay).

Does anyone know of a good LED controller that will work well with the Note2?
    Oh great glad you got that resolved and for letting us know your solution that way we can help others. I really appreciate you reporting back. As far as LED controllers light flow is what ive heard people using but I myself just use the stock setup..... back in the days of my Samsung fascinate I use to use NoLed but that is a different solution and not sure it is even supported anymore.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Johnly likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Oh great glad you got that resolved and for letting us know your solution that way we can help others. I really appreciate you reporting back. As far as LED controllers light flow is what ive heard people using but I myself just use the stock setup..... back in the days of my Samsung fascinate I use to use NoLed but that is a different solution and not sure it is even supported anymore.

Is there any way to increase the blink rate within the stock setup?

The default blink rate is really, really slow.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Is there any way to increase the blink rate within the stock setup?

The default blink rate is really, really slow.
    Not that I know of besides rooting and doing some code digging.

Thanked by:
    Johnly 

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Mine did same thing till I turned off accessibility for my notification app. I use ILed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I had exactly the same problem and I had "Brightest Flashlight" installed, which I really like. I uninstalled it, problem solved, silence when opening and closing folders. Yeah :-)