Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: How do you protect your precious Note II?

Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/23/u7ygy9u6.jpgRearth slim and I smooth screen protector would recommend either to anybody with a note 2 but the Rearth is limited on drop protection but looks great

sent via VZW GaLaXy note II
    I have dropped mine twice with the Rearth on and of course, with my luck it landed on the very top edge where the cover offers zero protection. My "chrome" band now looks like the surface of the moon... I now have an Otterbox Commuter on order.

Global Posts
    2,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre130 View Post
    I have dropped mine twice with the Rearth on and of course, with my luck it landed on the very top edge where the cover offers zero protection. My "chrome" band now looks like the surface of the moon... I now have an Otterbox Commuter on order.
    Yeah Rearth is only for people that need the smallest amount of protection and I'm ocd about scratches on my device so I am extremely careful so it's enough for me*knocks on wood*

sent via VZW GaLaXy note II

I've been using this Monaco Vertical Pouch (since getting the Note 2 Nov. 27) and really like it. It's high quality leather with solid stitching. The phone is very snug in the pouch, so no worries about it falling out. I usually put it inside my left front pocket and clipped to the top of the pocket or sometimes clip it on the outside of the pocket sitting vertically on my hip. Something I've really grown fond of is putting the phone on top of the pouch where it sticks to the leather quite well making it easy to hold with one hand vertically or horizontally or even sitting flat on a desk or table. Otherwise the phone itself tends to be slippery in hand or slides too easily on a flat surface. The only complaint I have with it is that it put some small scruff marks on the very bottom back of the phone due to the snug fit in the bottom of the pouch. But, they're really only visible in bright light and at a certain angle. Otherwise, it protects the phone quite well.

Monaco Vertical Pouch Type Leather Case with Belt Clip
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II Monaco Vertical Pouch Type Leather Case with Belt Clip - Black

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

Picked this up yesterday for my Note II. Way better than the stupid Samsung flip case in my opinion and doesn't add too much bulk to the already big device

PT Smartcase for Note II

PT Smartcase for Note II
    Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2013 | iMac 27' 2011 | iPhone 6+ 128GB | Nexus 6 64GB

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raziel View Post
    Picked this up yesterday for my Note II. Way better than the stupid Samsung flip case in my opinion and doesn't add too much bulk to the already big device

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8212/8...a1688695_c.jpg
    PT Smartcase for Note II

Where did you get it at if you don't mind me asking.?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8190/8...ba55737d_c.jpg
    PT Smartcase for Note II

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

Best Buy
    Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2013 | iMac 27' 2011 | iPhone 6+ 128GB | Nexus 6 64GB

Got this one last night

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do you protect your precious Note II?-uploadfromtaptalk1358943321857.jpg   How do you protect your precious Note II?-uploadfromtaptalk1358943369232.jpg  
    love my evo.

I use the Tech 21 D3O case. It has some kind of 3 layer technology, you can see the orange layer around the sides. I used the same type of case on my S2. I love the low profile fit and it feels great in the hand.

I just got my Note 2 today and I love it.

The only issue I've noticed so far is when using Google sky map's, I have to have gps on. If I turn off my gps sky maps shows everything like I'm using it on the other side of the world. But that's the only problem I've noticed so far.

I wish I would have got this phone 2 months ago when it was released. I can't believe how great this phone is. Also the battery life is amazing! I have had almost 5 hours of on screen time and I'm at 49% and it's only my first charge.

I love this phone.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Anyone find any water proof case? Id love to take my note 2 for a plunge lol..

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio_Love View Post
    I bought this case and I love it, the phone literally doesn't budge at all (I did 2 test drops, ofcourse I laid a towel on the floor,lol) The inside of this has like a microfiber/leathery interior that protects the screen
    They have many colors and styles Sky Blue Leather Flip Case Stand for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 T889 I317 I607 | eBay
    That's a nice looking case, are the sides covered too?

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    Anyone find any water proof case? Id love to take my note 2 for a plunge lol..

I think seidio may be making a waterproof case for this phone. They just made one for the iPhone. It's a little different on phones with a removable back.

I have this coming tomorrow. 3 dollars cut from 27. Could not pass it up . my favorite color combo.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do you protect your precious Note II?-uploadfromtaptalk1358947667619.jpg   How do you protect your precious Note II?-uploadfromtaptalk1358947676192.jpg  
    love my evo.

Global Posts
    1,372 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Got my elago g6 in. This time I ordered black. I had the gray which matched the phone pretty well but I felt it didn't fit fell. I got the black and the fit is better so maybe I had a defect. It has a very nice feel to it. Won't snag on anything yet it's soft and has grip. Only downside is, it is indeed minimal protection. I didn't order this case thinking it would protect from a 10 foot drop but I would like some protection mainly from scratches. It should suit my needs. Highly recommend it for the price.

Check this out on AMZN:

elago G6 Slim Fit Case for Galaxy Note 2 - eco friendly Retail Packaging - Soft feeling Black
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009VUGH34/...idcentral00-20

Sent from my SCH-I605
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

I've only had my Note 2 for a week or so and bought the flip cover because I thought it would protect the screen better. It's been OK and it's nice to know that the backs snap off easily and can be replaced if it got scratched up. But I have to agree that it's starting to annoy me with every day tasks such as taking photos. I was at a birthday party taking photos and the flip cover kept getting in the way. It's not like another flip case that you can take off easily since it's attached to the back. Pro's and cons to every case I've owned with any phone.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    That's a nice looking case, are the sides covered too?

Yes it is, but on the left side, where the flip is, its cut in half like --__-- so that top empty part is where the flap will lay when is close, its very sturdy though,

have you heard about the GN2, yea it's awesome (^-^)
    Have you heard about the GN2, yea it's awesome! (^_^)

Ive never had problems taking pics with the flip cover, I use to just hold it, but since I found out that all I have to do is say cheese or smile and it'll take pics, I just keep the flap closed now

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio_Love View Post
    Ive never had problems taking pics with the flip cover, I use to just hold it, but since I found out that all I have to do is say cheese or smile and it'll take pics, I just keep the flap closed now

What do you mean" keep the flap closed"?

love my evo.

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    I think seidio may be making a waterproof case for this phone. They just made one for the iPhone. It's a little different on phones with a removable back.

I asked them but they said they didnt have plans yet. Would be a great idea as it rains alot here where I am so being able to use my note freely w/o worries of water damage would be awesome. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by SenseMonkey View Post
    I asked them but they said they didnt have plans yet. Would be a great idea as it rains alot here where I am so being able to use my note freely w/o worries of water damage would be awesome. :thumbup:

You from Vancouver? Seattle?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Cruzerlite+OEM Flip Cover. Loving it so far. Thanks XDA for the idea!

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mr mystery#AC View Post
    You from Vancouver? Seattle?

From Orlando Fl but live here in NC. If rains alot here. :l

Quote Originally Posted by from_bim View Post
    I originally had a cheapo plastic back cover; added virtually no bulk and no protection other than scratchs on back door.

Visited a local gadget store ti check on pricing of an otterbox. While there, another GN2 owner was trying some cases on and accidently dropped his phone frim about 3.5 feet cracking the screen.

Needless to say I walked out the store the proud new owner of a glacier white otterbox commuter case.

The next day my son accidently pushed my phone off our kitchen bar table (approx 4 feet).

Thank God for otterbox cases.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums
    I have the Otter Box Defender but I don't like how hard the volume is to use.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    Jerry

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jerry 12 View Post
    I have the Otter Box Defender but I don't like how hard the volume is to use.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    Same. Volume buttons are pretty stiff comparing to old otterbox models. I can deal with it so long as my note 2 doesnt get a scratch in it lol

I think I may be in the minority here as I'm rocking my Note 2 completely naked.

To be fair I really do baby the device but I just love the bare form factor. I did have the Samsung flip case at one point but felt it was a hindrance more that anything else.

I may eat those words if anything happens to it, but I suppose it'll be my own fault at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    What do you mean" keep the flap closed"?

I keep it in "book" form and since the camera has voice recognition I just say smile or cheese

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast