Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do you protect your precious Note II?

Hey everybody, i'm new to this forum and i just ordered the Note 2 online and am super excited for it.
    I was considering a leather flip case, but think they may look strange. When it comes to a phone this size
    What kind of cases do you all use, how practical are they, and would you recommend a screen protector?
    How do you protect your Galaxy Note II and would you say its safe to roll with no case at all?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: How do you protect your precious Note II?

Quote Originally Posted by Persill View Post
    Hey everybody, i'm new to this forum and i just ordered the Note 2 online and am super excited for it.
    I was considering a leather flip case, but think they may look strange. When it comes to a phone this size
    What kind of cases do you all use, how practical are they, and would you recommend a screen protector?
    How do you protect your Galaxy Note II and would you say its safe to roll with no case at all?
    i'm taking martial arts lesson to protect it ... ok that was corny
    ok def need screen protecter , im using spigen ultra crystal
    using regular TPU case that i got with my flygrip from flygrip.com
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Haha no no it gave me a good laugh. Those flygrips look very interesting and i suppose the screen protector will be necessary too!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Persill View Post
    Haha no no it gave me a good laugh. Those flygrips look very interesting and i suppose the screen protector will be necessary too!
    Yeah i baby my device and after 2 days i had small scuffs and immediately ordered the protector. i actually think the generic ones you get from your carrier stores are just as good as the expensive ones. if i had to do it over i would just run to verizon and get their screen protectors.. just dont get anti glare they ruin the look of the screen
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Flip cases don't really offer much protection for drops considering the flap can fly open and the edges besides the spine are uncovered.

ROM
    Stock

I use a zagg hd on mine and an thinking of getting a otter box defender cause I love a grippy bulky case.

Sent from my behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note II.
    EyeDroiD75 likes this.

Spigen ultra crystal screen protector and a Seidio Surface case for me this is a perfect combination without adding much bulk.

Andy
    morbidchemical likes this.

Steinheil oleophobic screen protector, Trident Aegis case and a lanyard

Spigen and Stienheil make awesome screen protectors.

I'm not completely satisfied with my case, but its darn good and cheap. It's a Fosmon from amazon and cost $4 including shipping and for the price can't be beat. It gets great ratings.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Otter box commuter case. It works well and not too kuch bulk

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Ghost Armor works well with pen and Flexishield case keeps the phone slim

Quote Originally Posted by andy a View Post
    Spigen ultra crystal screen protector and a Seidio Surface case for me this is a perfect combination without adding much bulk.

Andy
    I have the same combo on mine.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
    morbidchemical likes this.

I am a female and I like my phone to look sexy,so no bulky cases no screen protectors. See my cases attached. More to come

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do you protect your precious Note II?-uploadfromtaptalk1356798561622.jpg  

Global Posts
    10,557 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Yeah i baby my device and after 2 days i had small scuffs and immediately ordered the protector. i actually think the generic ones you get from your carrier stores are just as good as the expensive ones. if i had to do it over i would just run to verizon and get their screen protectors.. just dont get anti glare they ruin the look of the screen
    The generic screen protection is great. I periodically put a new one on, so it is the best way to go for me. I am using a qmadix case, and I love it. Now that I am used to the size, I may go with some nice tpu cases. Cheers everybody!

I had to send my three week old Note 2 back to sammy for a screen repair ($191.00). I had the Note in a horizontal pocket and bent over in the garage...the phone fell about 5 inches and the screen shattered. I have had much more violent drops with multiple phones ( iPhones(4) , Multiple Nexus (3), Galaxy S3) over the years and never had one break. I think the heavy weight and large screen are extra delicate. I hate the added bulk, but a case that protects the screen from direct contact is a key. The real pisser....I had an otterbox case in my desk.

Spigen ultra Crystal and spigen folio for mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by MatroxD View Post
    Spigen ultra Crystal and spigen folio for mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    How is the Spigen folio for protection? It looks similar to the standard Samsung Note 2 folio case.

Thanks.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by webb3201 View Post
    I had to send my three week old Note 2 back to sammy for a screen repair ($191.00). I had the Note in a horizontal pocket and bent over in the garage...the phone fell about 5 inches and the screen shattered. I have had much more violent drops with multiple phones ( iPhones(4) , Multiple Nexus (3), Galaxy S3) over the years and never had one break. I think the heavy weight and large screen are extra delicate. I hate the added bulk, but a case that protects the screen from direct contact is a key. The real pisser....I had an otterbox case in my desk.
    Oh man, sorry to hear that - terrible luck! I ended up buying a SquareTrade warranty off eBay that covers accidents. Being that this phone is so big it i can imagine it must be very fragile. My HTC One X has taken so many hard falls, but somehow it always pulled through like a boss. I ended up having technical issues with the phone and luckily ATT replaced it with no questions asked. Now i'm looking to sell the new one, probably through eBay.

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

Spigen ultra crystal and a tpu case.

I dropped it this week at work in the parking lot. I got damn lucky nothing happened to it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!

I am using it..and it is getting the job done.I bypassed the cheap cases..you get what you pay for.

relentlessplayer..using the mighty SGH-T889

My Otterbox Defender just came in today, and I love it.

When I first got the case this morning, there was a small gap between the screen protector and the screen, but now (this evening) after using it most of the day, the gap seems to have desappeared and now there's a bit of an air bubble, but it's only noticeable when the screen is off, and doesn't get in the way of normal usage. Even with the S-Pen.

Personally, it doesn't bug me too much, but there's always the option of punching out the built-in one and putting on a normal one.

I'm sporting a Speck Candyshell in black/gray that's covering my titanium Note 2. Standard issue Verizon screen protector does the trick for me.

No case

ZAGG screen protector
    Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S4

I had a zagg screen protector but it showed marks on it too much plus it didn't feel right. So I took it back and got an oleophobic screen protector a lot like the spigen ultra clear oleophobic protector. It was$5 cheaper than the spigen. Then I also use a tpu case and I put the whole thing in a leather belt case. Plan on getting a generic holster combo case like the seidio active to have it on some days I want a little more protection. We'll see how the generic one holds up. If it sucks I'll get the active since my last phone had it and I loved it.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Otterbox defender. Yes it adds weight and bulk but id rather a bulky phone than a broken one
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast