Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mcgeorge36
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default how to add music files to my sd card with out using Kies.

Does anyone know of a good way to add my music files to my sd card without using Kies? When I try to do it using Google music it goes to my internal memory. I've given up on trying to download Kies to my computer.

Default Re: how to add music files to my sd card with out using Kies.

I connect my phone to my pc and use windows Explorer and simply click and drag. Very easy

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Sent from my Rooted VZW Note 3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

I'll try it. Thanks.

Drag n drop is my method of choice, too. Personally, I don't know how someone can open Kies and then say to themselves, "This is what I want to use"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Doubletwist is a good music alternative.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums.
    Since 2008: HTC Wing>Sidekick 3>Sidekick Slide>Sidekick LX 2009>Palm Pre>Blackberry Curve 8330>Motorola Droid>HTC Thunderbolt>Razr Maxx>Samsung Galaxy Note 2>Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    maxburn likes this.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Believe it or not for windows users put the phone as mass storage and you can use windows media players sync

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

I used this method but all the files went to my internal storage. My sd card has been formatted from within the phone. Is there a way to transfer file from the internal storage to the sd card. I tried looking for a way to transfer to the sd card when I saw only 8 GB available. The phone is reading my card, showing 29.? GB available. Any help?

I really like using AirDroid. Wirelessly access your device over WiFi. Comes in handy for quite a few things!

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by cyanogen-man View Post
    Believe it or not for windows users put the phone as mass storage and you can use windows media players sync

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
    how can u set the phone to mass storage device i was under the impression you cannot? i only see MTP or PTP????

thanks

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

hmm maybe not then lol

MY ONE X PLUS IS GIVING ME A *****!!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MultiMatt View Post
    I really like using AirDroid. Wirelessly access your device over WiFi. Comes in handy for quite a few things!

Matt
    +1 on AirDroid

You could just take the sd card out and put it in a card reader on a pc and then drag and drop your media files into it. Why not do that? It's what I've always done in the past. It's faster this way too, especially if you have a uhs 1 compliant card and a uhs-1 compliant card reader connected via usb 3.0 to the motherboard.

Quote Originally Posted by laststop311 View Post
    You could just take the sd card out and put it in a card reader on a pc and then drag and drop your media files into it. Why not do that? It's what I've always done in the past. It's faster this way too, especially if you have a uhs 1 compliant card and a uhs-1 compliant card reader connected via usb 3.0 to the motherboard.
    As the back covers are fragile and cheap it wouldn't be a good idea to keep pulling out the card for transfers. Why Samsung has to make hooking a phone to a computer so complicated I don't know. My N7 I just plug it in and it works. I have yet been able to get my N2 to connect and see the drives on my computer.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Angry_American View Post
    As the back covers are fragile and cheap it wouldn't be a good idea to keep pulling out the card for transfers. Why Samsung has to make hooking a phone to a computer so complicated I don't know. My N7 I just plug it in and it works. I have yet been able to get my N2 to connect and see the drives on my computer.
    Give Air Droid a shot like we said earlier. You don't have to unplug anything (keeps your phone charged too). And as long as you're in the same wireless network, you're good to go. It's pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    Give Air Droid a shot like we said earlier. You don't have to unplug anything (keeps your phone charged too). And as long as you're in the same wireless network, you're good to go. It's pretty easy.

http://www.eyes4tech.com/wp-content/...id-Desktop.png
    I appreciate the advice, however wireless is too slow, especially when syncing flac and movie files.

As I recall when I first plugged mine into the PC, it asked to download a Samsung driver for Windows. Of course, I resisted and the device showed up as an
    MTP device or something. could not send files.(Missing the T-Bolt!) Subsequently, plugged it in again, I accepted the Samsung driver. Now it shows up as a Portable Device with Card & Phone folders with full drag & drop functionality. Connection on GNote2 is MTP. I have noticed that when listening on the PC to music stored on the device, the files are cached to the PC before playing. Not sure if this phone would work as a mass-storage drive on a PC not connected to the internet...