1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need HELP Please... Movies/Music from iTunes to Transfer to my Note II

Hey Guys,

I really need your help. I'm new to Android and I have a Galaxy Note II.
    How can I transfer my movies and music from iTunes to my Note II..???

Thanks!

Default Re: Need HELP Please... Movies/Music from iTunes to Transfer to my Note II

Quote Originally Posted by dodong27 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Thanks!
    Music should be able to be transfered onto the memory of your phone when you plug it in assuming your songs are DRM free. Some of the older iTunes purchases songs may still have the DRM protection on them and won't be able to be played on anything else but an Apple device. Just go to your directory where you store the music and copy them over to your phones memory, internal or external.

Movies if I am not mistaken will not be able to be played as is on anything else but an Apple device because of the DRM protection.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Need HELP Please... Movies/Music from iTunes to Transfer to my Note II

In Itunes you should have the option to make a copy of your music library to a separate folder (named Itunes Music folder or library, something of that nature). Then just select the music from that location and move it over to the music folder on your GN 2. Just had to do the same myself recently, and once I did it this way, it moved it quickly and seamlessly.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    Music should be able to be transfered onto the memory of your phone when you plug it in assuming your songs are DRM free. Some of the older iTunes purchases songs may still have the DRM protection on them and won't be able to be played on anything else but an Apple device. Just go to your directory where you store the music and copy them over to your phones memory, internal or external.

Movies if I am not mistaken will not be able to be played as is on anything else but an Apple device because of the DRM protection.
    Thanks so much! So with movies, I'm screwed? How about if I transfer a Digital Copy to a Windows Media Player, can I transfer the movie to my Note 2?

Thanks so much! So with movies, I'm screwed? How about if I transfer a Digital Copy to a Windows Media Player, can I transfer the movie to my Note 2?
    Yes, it can go from Windows Media Player to your note 2. Also an easy way to transfer iTunes music is an app called Easy Phone Sync.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by surebuttercringe View Post
    Yes, it can go from Windows Media Player to your note 2. Also an easy way to transfer iTunes music is an app called Easy Phone Sync.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Cool thanks! Do you know have a link to download Windows Media Player for Macbook Pro, if not then I'll just search it...
    Thanks for all the help!

If you are using a Macbook Pro you might want to try iSyncr. It is an app that is installed on your Mac and your phone. Download it from the Play Store and you send a link to your computer. I have an iMac and am an ex-iPhone user. I use iTunes and have a ton of music, movies, podcasts, etc. iSyncr will perform a 2-way sync wirelessly if you have Wi-Fi. I have mine set up to sync every night at 2:00 AM. Once set up it is actually easier than iTunes with an iPhone. It all happens in the background. The two-way sync allows for any music your purchase on your phone to be sent back to iTunes as well.

I also use Dropbox to sync my photos taken on the phone. Whenever I connect to my Wi-Fi Dropbox looks for new photos and uploads them to my DB camera upload folder. From there I have an automator script that sends the new photos to iPhoto automatically. In essence I have something similar to Photostream. As a matter of fact I will go into iPhoto and combine all the photos into their appropriate events or generic ones go into a monthly "Photostream" event folder.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    If you are using a Macbook Pro you might want to try iSyncr. It is an app that is installed on your Mac and your phone. Download it from the Play Store and you send a link to your computer. I have an iMac and am an ex-iPhone user. I use iTunes and have a ton of music, movies, podcasts, etc. iSyncr will perform a 2-way sync wirelessly if you have Wi-Fi. I have mine set up to sync every night at 2:00 AM. Once set up it is actually easier than iTunes with an iPhone. It all happens in the background. The two-way sync allows for any music your purchase on your phone to be sent back to iTunes as well.

I also use Dropbox to sync my photos taken on the phone. Whenever I connect to my Wi-Fi Dropbox looks for new photos and uploads them to my DB camera upload folder. From there I have an automator script that sends the new photos to iPhoto automatically. In essence I have something similar to Photostream. As a matter of fact I will go into iPhoto and combine all the photos into their appropriate events or generic ones go into a monthly "Photostream" event folder.
    Thanks for this... I'm still not sure how to do this, maybe I'm scared I might mess up both the iTunes and my Note 2. If you have time, can you give me a step by step on how to do, what you suggested? I'm not computer savvy, and so a little help from you guys would be much appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!

ROM
    Stock

If you have (or know) where your music and video folders at, just use . Less hassle than Kies or iTunes, especially when it comes to uploading songs and videos. Looks more organized too.

Thanks for this... I'm still not sure how to do this, maybe I'm scared I might mess up both the iTunes and my Note 2. If you have time, can you give me a step by step on how to do, what you suggested? I'm not computer savvy, and so a little help from you guys would be much appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!
    Same as the PM, but I thought I would share with anyone else interested.

No problem, I just hope I don't miss a step. It's been a while since I did the set up on my GS3.

1. Download from the Play store on your Note 2.

2. Once you install it on your N2 send the link to your Mac from the app itself. It should prompt you. You have an option of USB or WiFi. If you have Wifi it is much easier and can be done at a set time each night.

3. Install the app on your Mac. It will show in the top bar.

4.Go to Settings in iSyncr on your phone and set up your preferences.
    - WiFi Policies
    - - Default storage - Ext SD card if you have one
    - - Sleep policy
    - - Sync interval and time. Mine is set for daily at 2AM
    - - I do not keep my screen on when syncing

- Wifi sync
    - - I only sync checked songs from my library, rather than everything there
    - - I also have Delete abandoned marked. This will remove any song previously checked that I uncheck or delete
    - - The sync folder defaults to Syncr.

- Wifi Reverse Sync
    - - You decide what you want here, same with Playcounts

5. Once settings are complete click on the WiFi tab then click on your music library on your computer. You should be able to see it.

6. Click on whatever playlists, libraries, etc. you want. When you click it will give you 4 options - sync to default (your folder on your ext SD card), Sync to internal storage (bad idea if you are going to have movies), sync to SD card (other tha default), View (allows you to select individual items within a list.

7. Complete your selections then click Sync Now at the bottom. This will take A LONG TIME if you have a lot of music and/or a couple movies. You don't have to leave your screen on, but the phone needs to stay in Wifi range, so it's best to do it when you won't need your phone for a couple hours.

8. Your music app (Samsung Music Player) should automatically find your music and any specific playlists you imported. If you buy music on your N2 it will show up in iTunes on your next sync.

If you have any questions let me know. If I missed a step, sorry. Follow the screen prompts carefully. When you first launch the app there is a nice tutorial that will walk you through everything. Read it!

Good Luck and Happy New Year!
    Current Devices:
    Thanked by:

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Hey Guys,

Thanks!
    Music: plug phone into pc navigate to memory card make a folder called music. On pc go to libraries/music/itunes/itunes media/music copy allthe folders by highlighting all the folders. Then on memory card for phone in music folder paste. All done. No need for overly complicated apps.

I assume its just as easy with videos. But having never purchased videos from itunes I dont have experience with that
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Same as the PM, but I thought I would share with anyone else interested.

No problem, I just hope I don't miss a step. It's been a while since I did the set up on my GS3.

1. Download from the Play store on your Note 2.

2. Once you install it on your N2 send the link to your Mac from the app itself. It should prompt you. You have an option of USB or WiFi. If you have Wifi it is much easier and can be done at a set time each night.

3. Install the app on your Mac. It will show in the top bar.

4.Go to Settings in iSyncr on your phone and set up your preferences.
    - WiFi Policies
    - - Default storage - Ext SD card if you have one
    - - Sleep policy
    - - Sync interval and time. Mine is set for daily at 2AM
    - - I do not keep my screen on when syncing

- Wifi sync
    - - I only sync checked songs from my library, rather than everything there
    - - I also have Delete abandoned marked. This will remove any song previously checked that I uncheck or delete
    - - The sync folder defaults to Syncr.

- Wifi Reverse Sync
    - - You decide what you want here, same with Playcounts

5. Once settings are complete click on the WiFi tab then click on your music library on your computer. You should be able to see it.

6. Click on whatever playlists, libraries, etc. you want. When you click it will give you 4 options - sync to default (your folder on your ext SD card), Sync to internal storage (bad idea if you are going to have movies), sync to SD card (other tha default), View (allows you to select individual items within a list.

7. Complete your selections then click Sync Now at the bottom. This will take A LONG TIME if you have a lot of music and/or a couple movies. You don't have to leave your screen on, but the phone needs to stay in Wifi range, so it's best to do it when you won't need your phone for a couple hours.

8. Your music app (Samsung Music Player) should automatically find your music and any specific playlists you imported. If you buy music on your N2 it will show up in iTunes on your next sync.

If you have any questions let me know. If I missed a step, sorry. Follow the screen prompts carefully. When you first launch the app there is a nice tutorial that will walk you through everything. Read it!

Good Luck and Happy New Year!
    This is what I needed..!!! Thanks a million... I will try this out and let you know how it goes...
    Thanks and Happy New Year to you as well..!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

So I tried and it worked great!!! But I couldn't transfer my movies from iTunes to my Note 2 cuz of some kind of Digital Rights... which sucks!
    But thanks for all the help guys!!!

Ahh, you have to strip the DRM from your movies. Run them through Handbrake, RipIt, or Wondershare. These are Mac apps, not Android apps. If you own the movie it's legal to do so (according to 51% of the lawyers). These apps allow you to run your DVD's through the software, strip DRM and compress the movies for use on mobile devices. You can specify what type of device, audio, etc. Each is different, but I would try starting with the free Handbrake. Take your time and read carefully, you can't break anything. Once the movie is ripped, you may have to manually import it into your iTunes library. From there you should be able to sync them to your phone.

Movies take a while to rip depending on your processor speed, RAM, etc. I personally have been using Wondershare over the last 4 months or so. I got it on sale, but it was still somewhere around $30 - $40. I like that it is very user friendly and that it does everything in one shot for me. Previously I used RipIt and Handbrake.

Give it a try with one of your DVD's and see if you can get it to work. Report back and let us know.
    Current Devices:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Ahh, you have to strip the DRM from your movies. Run them through Handbrake, RipIt, or Wondershare. These are Mac apps, not Android apps. If you own the movie it's legal to do so (according to 51% of the lawyers). These apps allow you to run your DVD's through the software, strip DRM and compress the movies for use on mobile devices. You can specify what type of device, audio, etc. Each is different, but I would try starting with the free Handbrake. Take your time and read carefully, you can't break anything. Once the movie is ripped, you may have to manually import it into your iTunes library. From there you should be able to sync them to your phone.

Movies take a while to rip depending on your processor speed, RAM, etc. I personally have been using Wondershare over the last 4 months or so. I got it on sale, but it was still somewhere around $30 - $40. I like that it is very user friendly and that it does everything in one shot for me. Previously I used RipIt and Handbrake.

Give it a try with one of your DVD's and see if you can get it to work. Report back and let us know.
    I will do that... So I can pop in any DVD or Blu-Ray in my Macbook Pro and rip the DRM or just the movies I have in iTunes?
    And once the movie is stripped from DRM, I can just use the iSyncr as usualy to transfer it to my Note 2, correct?

Thanks again!

Default Need HELP Please... Movies/Music from iTunes to Transfer to my Note II

Not blu- rays, just DVD. It will strip DRM on protected media so that you should be able to sync it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Devices: