1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default camera settings on note 2

one thing is really bugging me about the stock camera.....to get a photo i like in low light i have to set the iso to 400...then its ok....but each time i start the camera app it has reverted the setting to 800.....is there any way i can get the setting to stick ??....i have used other camera apps, but havent found one that has a changeable setting for iso.

thanks in advance to anyone who replies

Default Re: camera settings on note 2

you can add the ISO Settings to the menu buttons on the left side of Camera screen. In Camera app... Settings...edit Shortcuts...drag the ISO Icon to the one you want to replace it with... tap the screen or back button to set
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thank you for that....but what i mean is, even with the shortcut there, the iso always sets itself back to auto each time the camera app restarts itself

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Agreed. I wish there was some way to alter the default settings--often I want to take a phone quickly, but I miss it due to futzing about with ISO, etc.

I have a similar problem with the camera app. For some reason it couldn't remember the shortcut that I set it up. So only way I have to do is to go to app manager and then to camera then clear data. Then this time it will remember my shortcut.

Sent from my SGH-T889
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

thanks for the replies.
    i'm a newbie to android....need all the help i can get

that's my big gripe too, about the camera. can't get the shortcuts to stick. and when shooting, if i review an image, some of the settings revert back. aggravating!

HINT: if shooting flash in dim light (portraits especially), switch mode to Party/Indoor, to get rid of the ghostly blue and overexposed faces!!

HINT #2: use HDR to get rid of grain in low light. auto ISO uses ISO 800 in dim light, resulting in tons of grain. HDR mitigates that nicely. hold the camera very STILL.
    Samsung Note 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by dougm1970 View Post
    thank you for that....but what i mean is, even with the shortcut there, the iso always sets itself back to auto each time the camera app restarts itself
    Yes it does, but at least the shortcuts make it faster to adjust frequently used settings.....
    Thanked by: