Scratches on display from s pen.
I has anyone noticed any scratches on their display from the use of the s pen? I have a few scratches here and there but I'm using a screen protector so it doesn't really bother me. Does anyone without a screen protector have any?
Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2
- 01-01-2013, 04:06 PM #2
- 1,064 Posts
Re: Scratches on display from s pen.
Yes I have scratches all over my screen protector that came from using the S Pen, although it wasn't the S Pen that scratched it.
The tip of the pen is a soft plastic, it is impossible for this pen to scratch the glass itself. What's happening is some small particle, likely a mineral of some type like dirt or sand, is getting caught between the pen and the glass/protector. When you drag it across the screen with the pen it is then able to scratch it since the particle has a greater hardness than the screen/protector. The same thing can happen from using your fingers so it's not really the pen's fault.
For this reason alone I would always recommend using a screen protector for any device you own.
- 01-02-2013, 04:59 PM #3
- 01-02-2013, 05:39 PM #4
- 01-03-2013, 11:01 PM #6
- 01-04-2013, 11:29 AM #8
- 01-04-2013, 11:16 PM #9
- By mike2518 in forum Samsung Galaxy NoteReplies: 3Last Post: 11-25-2011, 01:22 AM
- By digink#AC in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 01-27-2011, 05:30 PM
- By knightbb in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 4Last Post: 08-03-2010, 02:04 PM
- By psonio7 in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 14Last Post: 07-29-2010, 07:16 PM
- By infenit101 in forum HTC HeroReplies: 5Last Post: 10-27-2009, 10:41 PM