Scratches on display from s pen.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I has anyone noticed any scratches on their display from the use of the s pen? I have a few scratches here and there but I'm using a screen protector so it doesn't really bother me. Does anyone without a screen protector have any?

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have scratches all over my screen protector that came from using the S Pen, although it wasn't the S Pen that scratched it.

The tip of the pen is a soft plastic, it is impossible for this pen to scratch the glass itself. What's happening is some small particle, likely a mineral of some type like dirt or sand, is getting caught between the pen and the glass/protector. When you drag it across the screen with the pen it is then able to scratch it since the particle has a greater hardness than the screen/protector. The same thing can happen from using your fingers so it's not really the pen's fault.

For this reason alone I would always recommend using a screen protector for any device you own.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The invisishield HD does this. It's viz of the nano covering. Everything leaves a mark. Took mine off and am using the one that came with my otterbox commuter case. It's much better. Not blurry from an angle either

sent from Galaxy Note 2

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Is the S-pen scratching your device or the screen protector? I don't think the S-pen can scratch the screen.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I has anyone noticed any scratches on their display from the use of the s pen? I have a few scratches here and there but I'm using a screen protector so it doesn't really bother me. Does anyone without a screen protector have any?

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D
You must be using a zagg protector

keyan333

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an SGP clear crystal screen protector. Best one you can get, no scratches either. There's also an oleophobic one which reduces grease. You can buy them on amazon or ebay.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have scratches all over my screen protector that came from using the S Pen, although it wasn't the S Pen that scratched it.

The tip of the pen is a soft plastic, it is impossible for this pen to scratch the glass itself. What's happening is some small particle, likely a mineral of some type like dirt or sand, is getting caught between the pen and the glass/protector. When you drag it across the screen with the pen it is then able to scratch it since the particle has a greater hardness than the screen/protector. The same thing can happen from using your fingers so it's not really the pen's fault.

For this reason alone I would always recommend using a screen protector for any device you own.

Happened to me too with the Motorola Stylus on my Xoom 2. They're only noticeable in brought LED light though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz